Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

How reliable is Miguel Delaney as a journalist and breaker of news?

Recently the German media sounded very doubtful about a 2020 transfer of Kai Havertz to Bayern München. Miguel Delaney claims a transfer to Bayern is imminent.

So is he any good as a source of transfer news?
Timing is interesting since Bayern play Leverkusen this weekend. Maybe that’s the reason to stir something up beforehand?
If Bayern manages to offload Tolisso and Martinez they might have the funds to get both Sané and Havertz. Would obviously be a great signing.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Feck. Paving the way. No excuses for Woody not to put up the cash this window if Chelsea are able to get these sort of deals done now.
They are spending Morata money, Hazard money and last year's transfer kitty along with this year's.

fps

Yeah, it's weird. His legacy should actually be up there with the very best on merits alone, but somehow he seems to lack ambition at the same time.

He's won the CL 4 times (playing a vital role in many of the campaigns as well), La Liga, done historically well for Wales, done very good at the Euros (semi final?) etc.

And still people (myself included) question his legacy. Insane, really.
In fairness Real have been awful to him and no-one made them offer him that contract! If they’d managed him better I imagine they’d be getting a bit more from him. That Spanish press has been brutal.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Mou is going to be absolutely miserable this summer and into next season seeing all his rivals making big, expensive signings while he can't.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
In fairness Real have been awful to him and no-one made them offer him that contract! If they’d managed him better I imagine they’d be getting a bit more from him. That Spanish press has been brutal.
Isn't Bale still on par with Hazard with regards to goals/assists this season too? Not bad all things considered.

fps

Isn't Bale still on par with Hazard with regards to goals/assists this season too? Not bad all things considered.
Well there we are! Most players do semi-retirement in China, not at flipping Real. Sometimes I laugh at the audacity of it, hats off to him.

croadyman

Marcotti is also saying that Benfica will allow him to leave on loan for a season with an option to buy.

If true, then that makes this a even better deal potentially.
Yeah if Benfica are willing to allow him to leave on loan for a season we should be all over this and see how he copes with the rigours of the premier league

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The most dominant teams in recent memory?

I've been surprised by their strategy to be honest, seems it was all geared towards a title push this season with not much regards to staying competitive.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

I've been surprised by their strategy to be honest, seems it was all geared towards a title push this season with not much regards to staying competitive.
The most dominant team in 'Serie A' in recent history..

It seems like the owners wanted a title push and were prepared to spend so they got Marotta and Conte to work in tandem. Marotta concentrates on player recruitment whilst Conte does the coaching and will have a input when it comes to recruitment.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Well there we are! Most players do semi-retirement in China, not at flipping Real. Sometimes I laugh at the audacity of it, hats off to him.
Pretty sure Real blocked his move to China last summer because they changed their mind at the last minute about getting a transfer fee!

Sure I read he would be on a mil a week! Though I suppose settling for 600k a week isnt too bad.

Walters_19_MuFc

Formation is not as defined as we sometimes go on about. How different is 4231 to a 4-3-3 really? Pogba to the left of a midfield three and Bruno to the right as opposed to two central midfielders with Bruno in front isn't some complicated change IMO. Indeed, it could be 4-3-3 in defence and 4-2-3-1 in attack.
It is somewhat different. In a 4231 you have two holding midfielders who, although one may occasionally play slightly further forward than the other, their sole purpose is to screen the defence and build attacks. With the 433, the two number 8's are much higher up, with only one holding midfielder, who has the responsibility to build attacks.

I have no doubt that we could play a 433. Pogba and Bruno seem almost perfect for a 433. I just think because Ole has favoured a 4231, I can't see him moving away from it yet. That said, part of effective management is getting the best out of your team. If that's by playing a 433, then so be it. Either way, i'm looking forward to seeing us back in action again.

Ok maybe regularly was too strong and I was misremembering how often he mixed things up, although I feel he is prepared to do it.

I was thinking of the Tottenham game last season and to be honest I'd forgotten how the Everton went.

Although, as you say he may just swap Pereira/Lingard out for Fernandes in his standard 4231/352.

Now that I think of it, he's unlikely to play all 4 of his senior midfielders at the same time leaving himself fewer options on the bench.
I think as you said though, it leaves Ole with quite a bit of tactical flexibility. With players coming back from injury, and hopefully picking up where we left off regards form, fingers crossed we can have a strong end to the season.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
That says more about hazard having a poor season by his standards. Bale hasn't played poorly when he is healthy and available but being healthy is obviously a big task for him and he lost zidane's confidence as well due to his lack of reliability fitness wise.

Skåre Willoch

I reckon he’s better than Hazard anyways. Or more extreme at least. A prime Bale is absolutely unplayable. The fact that he’s choosing Wales, Golf, Madrid, in that order, is hilarious.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Is it just me or is that worded badly?
The name in brackets in the tweet is of the current Juve DoF Paratici which made it easier for me to make sense of the tweet. But if the name isn't recognisable, then one could easily think he's talking about Inter.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
The name in brackets in the tweet is of the current Juve DoF Paratici which made it easier for me to make sense of the tweet. But if the name isn't recognisable, then one could easily think he's talking about Inter.
Yeah, I'm not really familiar with either of the names. On first glance it seemed like he was suggesting Inter have been the most dominant team recently.

Maybe I'm just tired :lol:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yeah, I'm not really familiar with either of the names. On first glance it seemed like he was suggesting Inter have been the most dominant team recently.

Maybe I'm just tired :lol:
I had to read it twice myself. If you aren't familiar with Paratici then it's a tweet that is easily misunderstood.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Mou is going to be absolutely miserable this summer and into next season seeing all his rivals making big, expensive signings while he can't.
No need to go that far, there is now way he doesn't complain about it when the Premier League comes back.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself

Exactly. They made the kind of signings I would absolutely hate. No thought of the future. All they did was buy a bunch of our rejects and Erikson. They went all in with an eye on this year and not much further...

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Exactly. They made the kind of signings I would absolutely hate. No thought of the future. All they did was buy a bunch of our rejects and Erikson. They went all in with an eye on this year and not much further...
They have thought about the future.

Lautaro at 22 cost them the same amount as Daniel James. They also have teen sensation Sebastiano Esposito who will turn 18 next month and is touted as one of the biggest striker talents in Serie A.

Barella was also signed with the future in mind, he's still only 23. They also have young Frenchman Agoume at the club who is also one of the brightest talents in European football in his midfield position. They're also in talks with Brescia to sign Sandro Tonali who most know about and he is also very young.

They also have a plethora of young players on loan who are touted to eventually stake a claim in the Inter first team. And they're reported to be in talks to sign 20 year old Marash Kumbulla from Hellas Verona who has been excellent at the heart of Verona's defence this season.

It's very naive to say they have no thought of the future.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

Lautaro at 22 cost them the same amount as Daniel James. They also have teen sensation Sebastiano Esposito who will turn 18 next month and is touted as one of the biggest striker talents in Serie A.

Barella was also signed with the future in mind, he's still only 23. They also have young Frenchman Agoume at the club who is also one of the brightest talents in European football in his midfield position. They're also in talks with Brescia to sign Sandro Tonali who most know about and he is also very young.

They also have a plethora of young players on loan who are touted to eventually stake a claim in the Inter first team. And they're reported to be in talks to sign 20 year old Marash Kumbulla from Hellas Verona who has been excellent at the heart of Verona's defence this season.

Fair enough. I guess I lazily formed the opinion that they were only for the here and now due to fancying our castaways and wanting others' too. But I was unaware that they were somehow "dominant". It's largely been "Juve and the rest" sort of league over the last few years.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Fair enough. I guess I lazily formed the opinion that they were only for the here and now due to fancying our castaways and wanting others' too. But I was unaware that they were somehow "dominant". It's largely been "Juve and the rest" sort of league over the last few years.
No problem mate. We're all get abit lazy at times tbh, including me.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders

Good post!

Some of us posters should definitely do their research before making ill-informed comments.

I think their team is well balanced and geared for the future with their new wealthy owners.

They compliment the young core well with the likes of Skrinniar, Modric & Lukaku. They are in their prime years at the moment and will be essential to the spine of the team.

They have a manager whose a great coach and knows how to improve his players.
He knows the Italian league well and is a great strategist in terms of how to play against the big teams.
Inter will never be out of a title fight at least until he’s at the club.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Lukaku might be our reject but he’s having a decent first season in the Italian league.
I honestly feel like we should have kept him at least another season to provide backup if nothing else. We suffered by letting him go without a replacement.
Sure he had a horrendous first touch amongst other issues. But I think he was not being able to play the game that suited his style and eventually suffered from a loss of confidence that resulted in his performances getting worse.
I also feel like he would’ve performed better with Ole and the new setup. There was also lack of quality around him in our team to provide him better service. Everyone suffered from that, not just him.
Let’s not forget that his national team stats are remarkable as well.

Young, may now be referred to as our reject but not for me. I would’ve been perfectly happy keeping him another year or two as backup.
Sure he may be past his prime but he’s still a great squad player to have in a team (Specially the Italian league where gameplay is much slower. He’s been doing just fine and about to prolong his stay).
I appreciated his ability and willingness to play multiple positions during key periods in the past few years when our squad was in transition and relied on him heavily.

Sanchez, I was happy for him to go and play and perhaps rediscover his form because form is temporary but his skill set will never diminish. If he can avoid injuries and get back in rhythm he still has 2 good years ahead of him to do provide further havoc.
But if is condition doesn’t improve than by all means, he should be gotten rid off or at least have someone else pay his wages.

As for Eriksen, he is still a world class player and I’d be more than happy if we could’ve signed him somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.