Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
We should release a 3 part Netflix drama telling him to feck off.
:lol:

The actual link cites Mundo Deportivo saying we've asked about him. So the clickbait headline isn't even the story.

Champagne Football

Even if there's any inkling of truth to this, he can feck right off after taking us for a ride a few summers back

Now that he's approaching 30 and realizes it was't necessarily greener pastures at Barcelona, he already wants out :lol:
Mundo Deportivo is the original source which is a banned source on here

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Chelsea and City view Digne as a Chilwell alternative apparently, you might have a replacement already.
Which is interesting as I'd be surprised if we didn't demand a similar fee to what Leicester want for Chillwell.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Absolutely no place for Griezmann in this United side. In Mourinho’s side playing off Ibra or Lukaku I could see but I don’t see him in our current setup.

passing-wind

Digne is a much better player in my eyes, should be demanding more than what Leicester are asking for Chilwell.
Exactly my thoughts Digne is miles above Chilwell I don't see the logic considering Everton will ask for an extortionate amount.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location

Even if there's any inkling of truth to this, he can feck right off after taking us for a ride a few summers back

Now that he's approaching 30 and realizes it was't necessarily greener pastures at Barcelona, he already wants out :lol:
If you guys actually read the article, it says nothing of the sort, no idea where that worked out that he "wants" United, it certainly does not say that from what I read.

This is the only bit I picked up from the Mundo article, shit translation:

Manchester United and City
asked about the French , he likes it a lot in the Premier.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I wanted Griezmann so much a couple of years ago, now I don't see a place he fits beyond a stop gap at RW if we can't get Sancho.

Walters_19_MuFc

Haha Griezmann. Most likely nonsense, but he'd struggle to get into our team, assuming he'd play as a 10.

As I said, most likely rubbish, but this is the importance of having top players at the club. Players will be watching us and I can imagine they'd be excited to join this 'project' Ole seems to be building. Only a few games, but we look an exciting team now and players will be attracted to that.

Zlatattack

No thanks. We don't need his drama here.

Cheekiey

Cheeky loan offer with a reasonable fee (5-10 mil) for Griezmann would be nice.
This. Similar deal to what Barca offered Bayern with Coutinho. Loan with an option to buy
please, he’d have to earn everyone’s (fans) respect back with his performance.

ShinjiNinja26

Feck off! :lol: He had his chance and he turned it down. Don’t come crawling back now cause your careers went to shit at Barca, he’s made his bed.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Yep, maybe one club goes for Chilwell and the other Digne. Similar price tags though, agreed.
Digne is a much better player in my eyes, should be demanding more than what Leicester are asking for Chilwell.
I agree, I don't think we would sell him as he's one of the few players that we should be holding onto along with DCL, Holgate, Richarlison and Gomes. Wouldn't mind if the others were replaced.

The signing we've made is probably because Baines is stalling on signing a new deal so we need LB cover for Digne and if it works out well could be great.

how long does he have left on his contract?
3 years so no issue with him running it down just yet.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself

I didn't want him then, and I definitely don't want him now

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Literally not what we need and throws the balance off. It be another Sanchez.

Alemar

I agree, I don't think we would sell him as he's one of the few players that we should be holding onto along with DCL, Holgate, Richarlison and Gomes. Wouldn't mind if the others were replaced.
not sure about DCL and Holgate, but Andre Gomes is actually a good player, I’d happily see him here as Matic back up / rotation CDM

Blood Mage

Griezmann is one of the most overrated players in modern football. We dodged an expensive bullet there!

Barcelona have had a hilarious few years in the transfer market.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Griezmann sure is superb player and would dismantle any PL defense with help of Pogba, but this drama he created about his contract renewal was too much of cringe fest.

He would demand loads of cash while Sancho is almost 10 years younger and can offer almost similar style and end product.

Rolaholic

40m for Hakimi and 50m for Sane in this market...

I'm sure Ed will look to use these to drive down Dortmunds asking price for Sancho, at least I'd hope so

Robertd0803

Greizmann after the Europa win would have been ideal. Would have been a game changer for us.

Now though.......no.

Sea-Cow

Greizmann can stay where he is.

But, could it be possible for us to take advantage of Barca and the mess they are in currently? I think we have already signed one of their young lads, but why not try to see who else we can stir up.

FujiVice

If Newcastle get taken over, I can see Griezmann ending up there. Robinho style, statement of intent.

GBBQ

Would Barca be prepared to take around a £60m hit on him though
It really depends on whether they see any future for him. Keeping him on the bench and paying his wages isn't a great solution for them either and he's definitely declining in value from here on in.

A loan with an option to buy might be an interesting option especially if we're not successful with Sancho. Front three of Martial (L) Griezmann (C) Rashford (R) with Greenwood, Ighalo and James as back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.