Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolaholic

I really do hope it'sa bunch of BS, we're alreadywell behind them and that gap would only increase with a talent like Thiago supplying their trident...

If Lille are having a fire sale we could do worse than pick up Osimhen
If we buy one of their players Soumare would be my first choice being he could potentially fill in as a Matic replacement long term

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

I really do hope it'sa bunch of BS, we're alreadywell behind them and that gap would only increase with a talent like Thiago supplying their trident...

If we buy one of their players Soumare would be my first choice being he could potentially fill in as a Matic replacement long term
Hes another tidy player and could well be a steal

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Wondering if Bellingham gets a signing on bonus for each time he signs for them? Must be about 5 times now?

Also, didnt Ole/Woodward say at the start of this pandemic that we'd take advantage of this situation (in footballing terms)? Seems it's Chelsea who are flexing atm.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point

Oh no...
Damn - one defeat and they do this. This is why they're the greatest side in the universe ever, and why the rest of us will forever cower in fear from the gleam of their glorious and natural teeth.

Terrible source, but could see this happening.

beingshe7don

I feel like this could be a better signing than Werner for them.
Yup and he could play in the No. 10 position and have mane and salah play in front of him. He would essentially offer them options to play as a 6, 8 and 10. I wish United would take a chance on him. To imagine.... Pogba or Bruno coming off and Thiago coming on.... would offer us so much depth. Could use the De Gea connection to get him for 35m euros... Would be a huge upgrade from Pereira and Lingard.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yup and he could play in the No. 10 position and have mane and salah play in front of him. He would essentially offer them options to play as a 6, 8 and 10. I wish United would take a chance on him. To imagine.... Pogba or Bruno coming off and Thiago coming on.... would offer us so much depth. Could use the De Gea connection to get him for 35m euros... Would be a huge upgrade from Pereira and Lingard.
We got no time for that. We have bigger fish to catch and is going to cost 100m. Thiago probably going to ask big fat wages which what most ageing players do when joining us.

jesperjaap

Bawls. Never nice missing out on talented yoof, particularly the English variety. Still, if he wasn't buying what we were selling then sod it. If he takes the world by storm he'll remember us as those guys that made a concerted effort to get him back in the day. Lots of players will look at Dortmund and see what they have done with Sancho and Haaland, safe in the knowledge that they'll get that big big money money move to the Prem if they put their heads down and let their football do the talking. Can't blame 'em.

Is Soumare a player that'd still interest us? Could be a great time to pick up some bargains, particularly if we're planning on unloading a fat wod all over Sancho.
If it wasnt for Matic whose legs had gone makign a miraculus recovery and looking again liked he did for us when he first signed. And if it wasnt for the fact Pogba is more than likely staying....I would be all over Soumare as a signing from the admittedly little I have seen of him.

But now I dont think a defensive midfielder or box to box midfielder is such a priority for next season. Some see Pogba staying as a reason not to sign Grealish, I think with him staying and Matic looking good again its all the more reason to sign him as he offers something different to what we have in several positions including midfield spots. I think with Matic, Pogba, Fred and even McTominay....Soumare doesnt fit us in the short term anyway, which is a shame as he looks a good player. Sancho, Grealish and a quality centre back for me (Upamecano or Konate), offset with several players being sold by us.

DMacgraw

Front three of Martial (L) Griezmann (C) Rashford (R) with Greenwood, Ighalo and James as back up.
You would turn the positions of both Martial and Rashford upside down in order to accommodate Griezmann? Seriously?

jesperjaap

:( great deal if this is true. Such a classy player.
Yes, I feel the one thing Liverpool are really missing is a really creative midfielder. Wijnaldum has done very well and fitted in well as a team player, but there are much better players they could have.

I am surprised they havent been in for Grealish as he would be perfect for them, maybe this is why.

Only thing I would question with Thiago is he seems to have had quite a few injuriesthe last year or two and at 29 now maybe they could take there toll. Very good player though and even with those questions, 35m euros is definately a very good deal

jesperjaap

If we are intent on bringing in another versatile attacker as well as Sancho I wish we were looking at this lad instead of the 2 we are linked with.
I know fees mentioned for Grealish are very high, though may go lower with for me an almost inevitable relegation now but Sancho and Grealish is possible. I think Sancho and Havertz is too much money. Not least people mentioning where do you play Grealish. What about Havertz? Right-Sancho, AM-Fernandes, literally just leaves him playing up front as the only option

Rolaholic

Damn - one defeat and they do this. This is why they're the greatest side in the universe ever, and why the rest of us will forever cower in fear from the gleam of their glorious and natural teeth.

Terrible source, but could see this happening.
I mean as much as it irritates me to my core, they've just won the league and are still defending world and european champions so they're not too far off I reckon :lol:

I do hope its just more transfer gossip bs but they're been linked quite a bit with him this last month so who knows for sure yet

Just would hate seeing them go from strength to strength

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Yes, I feel the one thing Liverpool are really missing is a really creative midfielder. Wijnaldum has done very well and fitted in well as a team player, but there are much better players they could have.

I am surprised they havent been in for Grealish as he would be perfect for them, maybe this is why.

Only thing I would question with Thiago is he seems to have had quite a few injuriesthe last year or two and at 29 now maybe they could take there toll. Very good player though and even with those questions, 35m euros is definately a very good deal
Yeah, if that report is based on something tangible, the cost is of a squad player. Injury record is a concern, but on form he makes every team on the planet. Every time he's played when I've watched Bayern he's their best player. Oozes class. Would have thought Pep might have a place for him.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He just wants to be the boss again and dictate the board. Can't see Messi moving to different club in Europe.
Don't they have elections in the autumn? Cue Laporta or Xavi coming to the rescue. Will be a tricky thing to shift their massively over-priced and over-paid recent acquisitions though.

Devil may care

I know fees mentioned for Grealish are very high, though may go lower with for me an almost inevitable relegation now but Sancho and Grealish is possible. I think Sancho and Havertz is too much money. Not least people mentioning where do you play Grealish. What about Havertz? Right-Sancho, AM-Fernandes, literally just leaves him playing up front as the only option
I agree that neither of them make much sense in terms of how they'd fit in, I'm just saying if we are going heavy on the depth then I'd prefer Havertz, but in truth I'd much prefer to see a link to a quality holding midfielder.

SAFMUTD

Sane had 1 year left, Sancho has 2. That plays a big part in negotiations. Dortmund can easily sell him for around 50 mil next season so the price this season has to be much higher than that.
On the contrary I think it has to be closer to that, we can use the "Bayern way" and agree with the player on the side and wait a year, low class but thats how they did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.