Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgipep

No of course not but just like you I’m hoping they go for someone else instead of Grealish. Someone whose literally an out and out winger with electric pace.
That would be more the Sane replacement. I still think they will buy an attacking midfielder / playmaker-winger type player too.

cyberman

We dont seem to learn, we should give players over 30 one or two year deals maximum. Matic is playing really good at the moment but we all know he doesnt maintain the performances for the whole season, his legs are going and 3 years time is a hell lot of time.

We may be calling him deadwood in a year time for all we know.

He's about to turn 32 so can anyone imagine a 35 year old Matic playing at a high level?
Since when do we do this?

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
That would be more the Sane replacement. I still think they will buy an attacking midfielder / playmaker-winger type player too.
I think Bernardo Silva/KdB/Foden & Gundogan will be enough for now.

I have a feeling they’ll be buying a CB before a midfielder.

Fernandinho will probably stay another year with the form he’s been showing and be backup for the DM & CB position which allows Gundogan to play a little forward. Him & Fodens emergence won’t require a replacement for another midfielder urgently.

georgipep

I think Bernardo Silva/KdB/Foden & Gundogan will be enough for now.

I have a feeling they’ll be buying a CB before a midfielder.

Fernandinho will probably stay another year with the form he’s been showing and be backup for the DM & CB position which allows Gundogan to play a little forward. Him & Fodens emergence won’t require a replacement for another midfielder urgently.
Losing the title will surely have hurt Pep and unless the CL ban is confirmed, I can't see them going for one player only. On top of that, Aguero is not getting younger and I won't be surprised if they go for a striker too. It may be a massive summer for them but the CL ban is critical.

48 hours

BT Sport caught the conversation as part of their match coverage.

And despite their subtitles claiming Solskjaer saying "you need a bit of luck with your centre-backs, keep going" ( a weird thing to say, no?), the Norwegian appeared to tell Ake: "We need a left-footed centre-back, so keep going".

jesperjaap

United track Uruguayan winger Facundo Pellistri from Diego Forlan’s Penarol
Only video I foudn of him looks very good dribbling and also looks about 12. DO liek these links with up and coming talents we are seeing more and more though. But from the brief video I have seen of him, this would be a squad signing for the future not an alternative right wing signing

-Supreme-

Lets hope Madrid are stuck with their expensive flops for years to come as they won't be able to spend much for new players with their current wages and transfer budget.

jesperjaap

According to news in Turkey.

These premiership player to Turkey moves never seem to occur, but hope some truth into Mata moving on. As someone else has said, he has been a loyal servant to the club and is a very likable character. But as a player we never should have signed him in the first place.
Fantastic player for Cheslea, a number 10 when we had Rooney and always had very little pace so a round peg into a square hole. Didnt suit our needs at the time at all and hasnt really since. Wasnt he a club record signing as well at the time with Fellaini in the same window? No wonder Moyes lasted such a short time, absolutely awful window that was

BlahRules

These premiership player to Turkey moves never seem to occur, but hope some truth into Mata moving on. As someone else has said, he has been a loyal servant to the club and is a very likable character. But as a player we never should have signed him in the first place.
Fantastic player for Cheslea, a number 10 when we had Rooney and always had very little pace so a round peg into a square hole. Didnt suit our needs at the time at all and hasnt really since. Wasnt he a club record signing as well at the time with Fellaini in the same window? No wonder Moyes lasted such a short time, absolutely awful window that was
I read somewhere Mata also has an ambassador role with Manchester United when he retires as a footballer. I wonder if this story has any truth to it?

Riz

Fellaini was the summer, Mata was the following January window.

Agree to be honest, he’s been a good servant but was never the right signing. Was brought in to appease fans I think and for Woodward to show off what he can do.

jesperjaap

And despite their subtitles claiming Solskjaer saying "you need a bit of luck with your centre-backs, keep going" ( a weird thing to say, no?), the Norwegian appeared to tell Ake: "We need a left-footed centre-back, so keep going".
Certainly not the answer to our problems, but is a good defender. Would happily lose a coupole of our first team squad centre backs and replace them with Ake if we were to also to make a big signing at centre back too, as he is far more consitent and injury free than most of ours

SAFMUTD

The plan is to make him play at a high level UNTIL he reaches 35. Probably not as much once he is actually 35.

Also - why can’t he continue playing at a high level beyond that age? He could definitely go play in the Italian league if nowhere else.
Oh thats great, I didnt knew all it took for a player to maintain his form beyond 30 was a club plan, I always thought it was a natural physical limitation.

SAFMUTD

Typical pace merchant with very little end product. He hasnt shown anything great in the bundesliga where the teams leave tons of space at the back I dont think he'll be anything better in the premier league.

Great fifa player though.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Nothing more than encouragement to a youngish player following a humiliating defeat. I cant imagine Bournemouth would have any concerns with Ole providing Ake with that sort of motivation after that defeat. Kind words.

jesperjaap

I read somewhere Mata also has an ambassador role with Manchester United when he retires as a footballer. I wonder if this story has any truth to it?
I do remember there was talk of a backroom role of some sort when he retires in mind. Nothing wrong with that. Though I dont think he has been a great player to us he has been a great servant and professional. But for me that doesnt mean we shouldnt sell him, he can always come back after he finishes his playing career

Skeezix

Was about to say this tweet/rumour reminds me of the Wesley Sneijder transfer saga. But then we actually wanted Sneijder. More like Nicolas Gaitan perhaps.
Don't want any Real Madrid reject after Angel di Maria fiasco.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

No thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.