Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
That’s what they say anyway. I’m sure I heard the same about a certain player coming to us. That was the picture painted before the move.

Bayern wouldn’t be selling him for cheap if they thought he had a lot to offer them. They are just as smart with their sales as they are with their buys.

If I were Liverpool, I would run the medical several times :D
Everyone saw that Schweinsteiger was finished and the fee wasn’t high. They let Kroos go to Real after not being able to strike a new deal with him. And there are more (Hummels, Gomez, Götze et al).

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Everyone saw that Schweinsteiger was finished and the fee wasn’t high. They let Kroos go to Real after not being able to strike a new deal with him. And there are more (Hummels, Gomez, Götze et al).
United didn’t get the memo about Schweinsteiger!

None of those examples reaching the same heights again (bar Kroos, who was a mistake). They know when to sell a player!

You don’t get to be as dominant as they are by having a heart. When your time is up, its up.

Struggling to think of an example outside of Kroos to where a player has peaked, or even maintained their level post-Bayern, it just doesn’t happen.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Little off topic but what will happen with bonusses for released player on 30.06?
Players have clauses for titles, league finishing etc...
On 30.06. they didn't deserved it yet. So no money for them?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
These recent Thiago tweets have only confirmed that he wants to leave. The Liverpool link appears to be lack any substance at this point based on how the various journalists have addressed it.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
I doubt we can afford him unless he’s at a cut rate price and he’s willing to take smaller basic wage with bonuses. Fabulous player mind, would love to see him here. Fabinho Thiago Keita would be something else against the dross.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Thiago at Liverpool doesn't worry me. He's fairly injury prone but he is brilliant. I think a lot of Liverpool's brilliance is based on how hard that midfield works. It'll take exactly the right player to maintain the work rate but improve the quality, I'm not sure Thiago is the guy.

As well as all this, it frees up space and funds for Bayern to get Havertz, who I really don't want to see at Chelsea and am pretty sure we have no intention of buying.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Will have no room for them all, Werner, Ziyech, Pulisic, Havertz, Mount etc. Too many cooks.
Competition for places! Havertz is a sensational player. If you can buy him, you should. The three behind the striker can easily rotate positions to be fluid, which is what you want. An Mount and Havertz can make the required contribution in midflied when the team doesn't have the ball. Ziyech presses like a monster and tracks back like crazy. Havertz would be that X factor player every team needs, and really transform your side. And as a collective there is so much to like there in terms of work rate and contribution to the collective. I really like the players they are targeting. Abraham, Gilmour and James are some excellent promotions from the academy too. So much similar with what United are doing in bringing through some really talented young players, and signing quality young players to supplement them. I like Lampard too. Think he's a top bloke, has Chelsea playing the right way, and understands what the club should be all about. Underrated tactician too. Again, just like our own manager.

It's defense where you need work. That back four is nowhere near good enough, and will concede too many sloppy goals, especially from set pieces. They need a proper keeper too. Kepa was a shocking panic buy. They should be going all out for someone like Upemecano, and if Atletico need to raise cash this summer (they do), should try a Kepa plus cash deal for Oblak. Kepa is still highly rated in Spain, and Oblak is there or there abouts the best keeper in the world. Chelsea should be fighting for 3rd next season along with United. I think we are both too far from City and Liverpool, although we should considerably close the gap.

Werner

Mount ___ Havertz ___ Ziyech

With Pulisic and Abraham rotating in.

jesperjaap

I think we have to be mindful of Matic's lack of stamina, he's had patches of form for the 3 years he's been here, but he's had just as many patches of looking like a knackered sloth who sulks if he's not first choice. To me Matic should be moving into a squad role with a prime holder brought in to start with Pogba and Bruno as our first choice midfield, I'd prioritize that over paying £60M+ on another attacker on top of Sancho. The holding midfielder I'd really like is Bruno Guimaraes but I also like Tonali and Zakaria, and while he's very young I think long term Camavinga is a fantastic option.
Yes that is very true of Matic. I never rated him much at Chelsea and didnt want him, but thought he was very good here at first, then looked dead and now looks good again. Just hope there is one more good season in him. Not seen a huge amount of any of those players, must confess have never even heard of Guimaraes....but Tonali looks fantastic, was one of the players when I mentioned in earlier comment that the couple I would like look unattainable as pretty sure he will stay in Italy and I also feel Camavinga will move to one of the big SPanish two as well sadly.

sparx99

I agree. We should get a transfer fee, but I would do a free transfer.
A free transfer would save us somewhere in the region of £35-40m in wages over the two years he has remaining. If we got any kind of fee then great but those wages are a killer.

sparx99

United track Uruguayan winger Facundo Pellistri from Diego Forlan’s Penarol
We've never not done this though! Rafael, Fabio & Angelo Henriquez amongst others. The problem is usually work permits. It's much easier for South Americans to get work permits in Europe than in the UK.

Acquire Me

A free transfer would save us somewhere in the region of £35-40m in wages over the two years he has remaining. If we got any kind of fee then great but those wages are a killer.
Any transfer with him leaving us will be a sensational transfer. Would be masterclass from Woodward if he got a small transfer fee as well.

STYLOISRED

We've never not done this though! Rafael, Fabio & Angelo Henriquez amongst others. The problem is usually work permits. It's much easier for South Americans to get work permits in Europe than in the UK.
He has a Spanish passport so he can play anywhere in the EU.

eire-red

Thiago would give Liverpool a much needed dimension to their midfield, he has that creative spark, and would be helped by the dogged work rate of whoever he would be paired with.

Hopefully, from a United perspective, the rumours are just that. This has a Juventus/Inter Milan transfer written all over it.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
And @diarm

Good talent, good head on him, remarkable close control and switching gears.

Still raw though, doesn't even have a full (Uruguayan) top flight season under his belt. Would like to see him score more goals.

With his release clause at 10M I would have a punt, but he doesn't belong in an "alternatives to Sancho" conversation. He would be nowhere near our first team in the 20-21 season.

Issue also is at that sort of fee he should have plenty of suitors and likely better options in La Liga in terms of getting regular games.

diarm

And @diarm

Still raw though, doesn't even have a full (Uruguayan) top flight season under his belt. Would like to see him score more goals.

With his release clause at 10M I would have a punt, but he doesn't belong in an "alternatives to Sancho" conversation. He would be nowhere near our first team in the 20-21 season.

Issue also is at that sort of fee he should have plenty of suitors and likely better options in La Liga in terms of getting regular games.
Interesting. Definitely worth a punt at that price but as you say, the lad himself might be better served somewhere he's going to game time and a bit more space to develop.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
And @diarm

Thanks.
We could buy and send on loan or work a deal where we buy him back for a fee.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
PSG are pretty pissed at losing him + Kouassi in the same window. So many talented youngsters that will never get a chance. A reported 4M signing fee at 17 y old :drool:

-Supreme-

According to news in Turkey.

He needs to go, we shouldn't have offered him a 2 year contract extension last year.

One of the highest paid players outside of our starting XI but doesn't offer us much in the playing field

Status
Not open for further replies.