Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Some cnuts on here we’re calling CHO a generational talent on here recently :lol:

He’s absolutely shite.
He is 19 and has been injured. He has the tools to be a very good player. The question is can he get his act togheter or not.

Jaxa

I always thought it was a mistake for him not making the move to Bayern, he would of shined in the bundesliga and upped his stock, plus i think he would have fitted Bayern's system quite nice. Never had the peanuts to get out his comfort zone and try something new

roseguy64

We should have him back here next season playing all cup matches and putting pressure on De Gea to perform in the League or lose his spot.
That's a waste for him. He needs to be playing regular football. He either comes back to challenge for first choice or go back on loan again.

passing-wind

What exactly have you done with the likes of Rashford, Greenwood, Mctominay if I may ask? Did you not buy Maguire with Tuazebe and TFM on your books? Did you not buy AWB for 50m when Dalot was already on your books? Did you not sign Sanchez when Rashford was already there? He rose up to the challenge why shouldn’t our own youth players? You're hoping to sign Sancho when Greenwood is doing so well at the right wing, why? Depth right? So why can't Chelsea have the same esp with Pedro and Willian leaving?
Cho, and all our other youth players, have been given ample time this season to show they can be valuable players at Chelsea. Most have taken it, Cho hasn't. A club, esp one like Chelsea can only show faith in you, its up to you yo grab that opportunity.

Cho will not be sold or go out on loan next season. He will be part of our squad and still get chances. Whether he pulls a Lingard or does a Rashford will be up to him.
This is a weak thesis of an argument. Rashford alone has played more games than most of Chelsea's youth players combined. We have had no natural winger on the right hand side for the best part of 36 + months. Greenwood is absolutely an out and out striker but has been deployed wide on the basis of the availability of the position. Tuanzebe from the intentions of pre season would have partnered Maguire more than Lindlelof but he's somehow ended up injured throughout most of the season.

I liked what Lampard was doing giving Mount, Abraham, CHO, Pulisic and James chances, the narrative would have been to make use of Chelsea's extensive youth system. The fact you are bringing in Ziyech, Havertz, Werner completely redefines the identity of the team. There's a difference between squad depth and replacing first team members which is exactly what Chelsea are doing. I don't exactly blame Lampard because at the end of the day he'll get the chop if he doesn't get results, but if any fan is trying to rationalize the summer activity and contrasting it to the youth system it's not going to work.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC

Finally a Wan-Bissaka replacement. Heard good things about this guy, fingers crossed.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Would love Eze but we are in a perennial fight with West Ham and most players tend to pick them when they have the choice. Great to see us after some young players though.

Fridge chutney

Do your best.
Eze would be a fantastic pick up for whoever gets him. I've seen him live and he's really good.

Spurs were in for him but now it looks like he'll end up at Palace or West Ham.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Nice.

That 20m gap keeps being repeated (Dortmund want 100m, United 'only willing to pay' 80m) - I think it's safe to say this will be done this Summer.

I imagine the club will want to keep it a bit under the 100m mark to avoid him having that "The Hundred Million Pound Man" tag over his head, being pointed out whenever he makes a mistake.

Like the Maguire deal, we will end up meeting Dortmund's demands more or less, even though they will drag it on as long as possible.

We'll get him for about 92-94m I reckon.

sparx99

Nice.

That 20m gap keeps being repeated (Dortmund want 100m, United 'only willing to pay' 80m) - I think it's safe to say this will be done this Summer.

I imagine the club will want to keep it a bit under the 100m mark to avoid him having that "The Hundred Million Pound Man" tag over his head, being pointed out whenever he makes a mistake.

Like the Maguire deal, we will end up meeting Dortmund's demands more or less, even though they will drag it on as long as possible.

We'll get him for about 92-94m I reckon.
I think a lot of it is waiting on confirmation of CL qualification.

El-Manos

I think a lot of it is waiting on confirmation of CL qualification.
Recent reports indicate that CL qualification won’t make a difference either way. Won’t influence this particular deal. Both parties eager for it to happen.

Nickelodeon

Seems a fair deal...
I hate these Daily Mail headlines where every bit of detail which is supposed to be journalism is in 'quotes'. Which essentially implies that the only word they're sure of in that headline is Chelsea.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Modric revealed a key point in a recent Spanish interview:

Key translation: "I'll play for Real Madrid until June 2021"

Rest of the translations:
  • "There are no bad apples in Real Madrid."
  • "Sergio Ramos is our leader and the best defender in the world."
  • "We were convinced that we'd win without Cristiano; we weren't worried about that."

Status
Not open for further replies.