Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifter

American
Rumours have dried up havent they.
Wish we were more proactive in the window. Dont think we will see wholesale changes this window
Tend to agree. If you listen to Ole it seems that he maybe leaning towards promoting the younger players ,with a few additions that fits his style.

Wallez

There is no way Ashley Young leaves this summer. I think we will see a similar situation to Valencia this season, where Young will be our captain on paper but (hopefully) start few games, and leave the club on a free next summer. He has just signed a new 1-year extension, and it wouldn't make much sense for him to leave now. Young is a decent backup at both RB and LB, but we have to make sure that our first-choice options are so much better than him that he is forced out of our starting 11.

VanGaalyTime

There is no way Ashley Young leaves this summer. I think we will see a similar situation to Valencia this season, where Young will be our captain on paper but (hopefully) start few games, and leave the club on a free next summer. He has just signed a new 1-year extension, and it wouldn't make much sense for him to leave now. Young is a decent backup at both RB and LB, but we have to make sure that our first-choice options are so much better than him that he is forced out of our starting 11.
Valencia being here last season was such a disaster. He earned 75,000 a week from the club. For literally nothing but showing up to training. United have to be far less kind to these types of players. You don't see City or Liverpool giving non-playing squad members new contracts.

Last edited:

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Nice to see there's still loyal players if true.
Think it's definitely true with him. He's a Brummie and a Villa lad, so he would prefer to stay with them in the Prem if he could. If Spurs offered him a lot more cash (:lol:) he might think about it, but we both know that's not happening.

deafepl

Valencia being here last season was such a disaster. He earned 75,000 a week from the club. For literally nothing but showing up to training. United have been far less kind to these types of players. You don't see City or Liverpool giving non-playing squad members new contracts.
Mangala was offered by City for another year extension when he can go for free this summer so he extended his contract. Liverpool has many deadworks.

lysglimt

Scout
Valencia being here last season was such a disaster. He earned 75,000 a week from the club. For literally nothing but showing up to training. United have been far less kind to these types of players. You don't see City or Liverpool giving non-playing squad members new contracts.
What are you talking about ? He signed a 2 year contract in 2017 at a time when he was still playing very well. He had played 43 matches the season before, and played 38 matches in 2017/2018. So he was never given a contract when he was a non-playing member of the squad. In fact when he was given the contract he was a clear first-choice, unfortunately his form dropped at the end of the 17/18 season

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
There is no way Ashley Young leaves this summer. I think we will see a similar situation to Valencia this season, where Young will be our captain on paper but (hopefully) start no games, and leave the club on a free next summer. He has just signed a new 1-year extension, and it would be hard to rid the club of this virus to any other club. Young is a woeful backup (worse than a donkey) in any position, but we have to make sure that we have any other options to force him out of our squad
Fixed

VanGaalyTime

What are you talking about ? He signed a 2 year contract in 2017 at a time when he was still playing very well. He had played 43 matches the season before, and played 38 matches in 2017/2018. So he was never given a contract when he was a non-playing member of the squad. In fact when he was given the contract he was a clear first-choice, unfortunately his form dropped at the end of the 17/18 season
I wasn't speaking about Valencia in particular. But that we're giving extensions to guys like Jones and Young who simply don't play or play well enough for a team hoping to win the league or champions league. In terms of Valencia, we should have released him before this season and given his squad place to a youth player. We wasted $75,000 a week on a player who never had a hope of playing.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Every day we see that exact article re Lukaku, and everytime I say that I bet they can't come up with the money.

VanGaalyTime

Mangala was offered by City for another year extension when he can go for free this summer so he extended his contract. Liverpool has many deadworks.
Right but they're getting money for Mangala and can loan him out for a fee + wages. Nobody is going to pay us for guys like Ashley Young, Phil Jones, Antonio Valencia, Matteo Darmien (in this case we might get 5 million).

Mick1

If they are willing to take Lingard + 30m euros, I would be tempted.
If wouldn't bother with countinho there. If they re willing to take Lingard 30 mil I'd just give them that for nothing in return.

Fracture90

Surely them Chinese overlords will aim to make their new coach happy and will pay the asked price for his biggest desire signing.

Lee565

I just wish we had got Conte instead as quite a lot of the players we had would have suited him and he got the best out of Pogba, Matic and is really high on Lukaku, plus he was able to take a Chelsea side that finished mid table the previous season to be champions so if anyone could have got us back challenging for the title next season instead of having to wait another 3 or 4 seasons now, he would have been our best bet.

Kapardin

I just wish we had got Conte instead as quite a lot of the players we had would have suited him and he got the best out of Pogba, Matic and is really high on Lukaku, plus he was able to take a Chelsea side that finished mid table the previous season to be champions so if anyone could have got us back challenging for the title next season instead of having to wait another 3 or 4 seasons now, he would have been our best bet.
He would last one season before he went the same way as Mourinho. He is very similar to Mourinho in that he wants complete control over transfers, often has rather unconventional transfer targets who may be hit or miss and definitely would lose patience with Woodward.

If we are to rebuild, we need stability and Conte wouldn't offer that. Better Allegri actually.

Strats

Yeah, i'd pay Ashley Young his trip to DC myself. He can do a 30hr flight in economy class with a layover in Morocco as far as i'm concerned. If he has any issues with the flight i'm sure he'll cope given his expertise in shouting.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
Yeah, i'd pay Ashley Young his trip to DC myself. He can do a 30hr flight in economy class with a layover in Morocco as far as i'm concerned. If he has any issues with the flight i'm sure he'll cope given his expertise in shouting.
He would probably turn the flight around and head back.

SATA

Why not allow Inter to pay in instalments? Both should work this out as both want it to happen. At least it gets the player's wages off the club's accounts first

Nick7

Why not allow Inter to pay in instalments? Both should work this out as both want it to happen. At least it gets the player's wages off the club's accounts first
Pretty much all transfers happen in installments now. Paying everything in full would be much rarer. Usually only when you're dealing with a release clause and an uncooperative club.

SATA

Pretty much all transfers happen in installments now. Paying everything in full would be much rarer. Usually only when you're dealing with a release clause and an uncooperative club.
Thought so too. Anything near 55m euros we should really accept it. We won't get anywhere near this offer next year and the next

Status
Not open for further replies.