g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee565

"United want to recoup most of the £75million they paid...
Such a fee is beyond Inter – as are the £195,000-a-week wages the 26-year-old will bank next season, despite him taking a £2m pay cut following United’s failure to qualify for the Champions League.
Inter – who have just been released from UEFA sanction after FFP violations in 2015 – are banking on United slashing their asking price and offering to pay a chunk of the remaining three years of Lukaku’s contract to make the deal happen."

So Inter want a cut-price deal and expect us to subsidize Lukaku's wages. :houllier::lol:
This has to be wind up from the paper, you can't tell me the club wouldn't be able to get a better deal for Lukaku from a premier league side than what Inter are supposedly offering.

Last edited:

Gazza

Reminds me of that sketch from Fry & Laurie

"Calm down John, it's still early!"
"Yeah but it's not gonna stay early for long!"

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I know and that's why I said as more time passes. I have a feeling June will fly by and we still will be saying it's only July. :rolleyes:
I think by mid-June we will see things happening. There’s not really been any business done yet by any teams so it’s not just us

SAFMUTD

It’s only 2nd June
Yes, but the fact that we haven’t signed anyone yet shows the lack of planning.

We were supposed to be planing the rebuild for a couple of months at least, and weeks keep passing and it seems we haven’t make any offers, yet other serious clubs that are truly rebuilding have al ready signed key players.

Clubs like Bayern who won the league and cup but still realize they have to strengthen themselves have already signed Lucas Hernandez and Pavard.

Barcelona who won the league but is also looking for a rebuild has signed De Jong and Emerson.

Madrid signed Militao and Rodrygo who’s also joining them this summer and Hazard it’s practically official.

Dortmund has already signed Brandt, Thorgan Hazard, Schulz, while also securing Alcocer.

You can see a clear difference between structured clubs who have clear plans and targets who make things happen quickly.

We are a very very poor run club, all those club mentioned had a better squad and better last years than us and still operate in an urgent matter with their signings. We seem to be improvising I’ve honestly lost faith in this club. We are managed so poorly that we’ll surely spend as much as the other top clubs but for average players, maybe one big “superstar” in the last day of the transfer window, but thats it.

Everyone saying it’s only June 2nd, it’s clearly missing that the work doesn’t start when the transfer window opens.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
The only links I believe so far are the ones for AWB, Daniel James and Meunièr

I reckon James would likely have already happened had his father not sadly died.

Meunier is likely not first choice, but as a united fan is prepared to wait as long as needed just in case his dream move is possible should the AWB transfer not work out.

I’m basing this purely on years of seeing how this shit has gone down over the last 37 years I’ve been transfer muppeting about United. :D

NJM78

So Ole said he wants his transfer business done by pre season. So what's that 4 weeks...Yeah right.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Every manager has said this. The people above them are incapable.
We're definitely capable of doing it - 2015/16.

Depay - 12th June
Darmian - 11th July
Schneiderlin & Schweinsteiger - 13th July

They were the main four signings done early, then Romero and Martial happened later on as they were opportunities that opened up.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Depay - 12th June
Darmian - 11th July

They were the main four signings done early, then Romero and Martial happened later on as they were opportunities that opened up.
2016-17 also we signed Bailly, Mkhi, Zlatan before preseason. Only Pogba was signed in August and even if he was signed he wouldnt have played in preseason.

2017-18 also we signed 2/3 players before preseason. Matic was signed later as his signing was delayed by Chelsea, they wanted to sign replacement.

haram

Depay - 12th June
Darmian - 11th July

I don't get your point about Martial though, we needed a forward and we signed him in September.

Damien

Staff
2016-17 also we signed Bailly, Mkhi, Zlatan before preseason. Only Pogba was signed in August and even if he was signed he wouldnt have played in preseason.

2017-18 also we signed 2/3 players before preseason. Matic was signed later as his signing was delayed by Chelsea, they wanted to sign replacement.
Yeah, it isn't like we go out of our way to ensure signings are done as late as possible. In all likelihood we would have already announced the signing of James if not for his personal circumstances.

I don't get your point about Martial though, we needed a forward and we signed him in September.
We couldn't sign him earlier as Monaco weren't willing to sell until they failed to qualify for the CL.

AJ10

Depay - 12th June
Darmian - 11th July

So you two are telling us, we're not as useless in the market as some think on here.

lysglimt

Scout
Very little will happen with the internationals coming up - but around the 15th-20th of june, I think a lot will be clearer

Damien

Staff
I have never heard this, do you have a link?
Behind a paywall but you can read up here: https://www.givemesport.com/1143471...to-sell-anthony-martial-but-kept-thomas-lemar

When asked the difference between Martial and Lemar, Vadim Vasilyev told L’Equipe: “In 2015 we had to sell in order to meet FFP conditions, so it was more of an obligation.

“We are, currently, financially safe and sound.

“You sell when you think it’s the right time. You’ve got to accept the risk (to then sell someone at a lower price the next time round) and it’s by taking risks that we have got here.”
With them being out of the CL they had to sell and they were only knocked out on the 25th August so we did the deal in the last week of the window. @JPRouve has mentioned it a few times.

paywall: https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Art...aco-on-fait-des-choix-et-on-les-assume/832650

Also from around the time: https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...er-united-sign-monaco-forward-anthony-martial

United would have preferred to move for Martial next summer. However Van Gaal needed to strengthen his forward line and he was also conscious that Chelsea, Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid were all interested in the player. Once Monaco were knocked out of the Champions League this cleared the way for the deal.
I thought it was common knowledge.

haram

Behind a paywall but you can read up here: https://www.givemesport.com/1143471...to-sell-anthony-martial-but-kept-thomas-lemar

With them being out of the CL they had to sell and they were only knocked out on the 25th August so we did the deal in the last week of the window. @JPRouve has mentioned it a few times.

paywall: https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Art...aco-on-fait-des-choix-et-on-les-assume/832650

Also from around the time: https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...er-united-sign-monaco-forward-anthony-martial

Thanks. Why did van Gaal want him the following summer though? If he needed a forward why did we wait until September? It doesn't make sense.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

£170k a week apparently with a €5 million sign on fee
Always the hyperbole with what we supposedly offer isn't it.
But never the same hype for City and the like, even though City hyped wages to 250k a week before anyone else, and there's massive whispers they still pay more than anyone else with their split salary scheme.

Walters_19_MuFc

I really want him, think he’s a very good player
As i've been saying, ability is not an issue with Rabiot, its the drama that comes with him. Its the same thing people are complaining about with Pogba.

Him and Pogba in the same team (unless he's replacing Pogba) would be very interesting to say the least.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Thanks. Why did van Gaal want him the following summer though? If he needed a forward why did we wait until September? It doesn't make sense.
Because Martial was still a prospect and 2015/2016 was supposed to be is first season as a bonafide starter and as a striker. The best thing for him would have been to stay at Monaco at least one more season.

Also if I remember correctly United contacted Monaco in early August and the player was informed of the interest at that time.

haram

Because Martial was still a prospect and 2015/2016 was supposed to be is first season as a bonafide starter and as a striker. The best thing for him would have been to stay at Monaco at least one more season.

Also if I remember correctly United contacted Monaco in early August and the player was informed of the interest at that time.
I understand, but it said the forward line needed strengthening that season. If we were to wait on Martial for a year, would we not need a forward that season as well?

Moiraine

Stop making so much sense, we are not used to it here ;)

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I understand, but it said the forward line needed strengthening that season. If we were to wait on Martial for a year, would we not need a forward that season as well?
Oh yeah, maybe we had several options and he was the priority, so we waited until this one was impossible before moving to the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.