Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

C3Pique

Rabiot and Meunier for a combined £25m is seriously sensible business that clever clubs like Dortmund or Leicester would make, that would allow us to go big on a CB and a forward or two.

Unfortunately we'll miss out on both chasing bigger names and end up starting the season with Matic and Young in the first 11.

Canagel

Where did I contradict myself? His brand value makes clubs more likely to pay over the odds - but Real are in time of a rebuild and would rather spend those amounts where they will get that sort of value on the pitch first and foremost.

The only bias that exists is from the posters who dislike the concept that others might not rate Pogba as highly as they do. It's evident they get shaken up by any sort of criticism of him.
Imagine saying he's worth 60-70m and expecting to be taken seriously. :lol: You just lost all credibility.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
12mil euros for an Italian international fullback is overvaluing?
In this current market you can't even get 17-18 year old kids with that. If anything inter are being cheap cnuts as usual. Basically the whole serie a
He's not an italian international anymore though, has barely played in the last two years, is on the final year of his deal, is 29 going on 30, and was never more than decent at his best. Nobody's gonna give you more than €4-5m for him, so make peace with it

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Me too. He is talented but is a problem. We are already a circus.
We're fools if we are in for him. We don't seem to be learning any lessons from previous transfers. Guys got talent no doubt but he comes with plenty of baggage and that is something our squad doesn't need right now.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Imagine saying he's worth 60-70m and expecting to be taken seriously. :lol: You just lost all credibility.
It's how I rate him as from his playing performances alone. I don't think a club will bid £100m for him in the coming days. I can't think of a big player who has put out an SOS call during a season and not had bids made for them (Suarez has, Ronaldo has, even Coutinho did despite not being so obvious in his unhappiness). And yet we haven't really had a sniff of a single bid for Pogba that comes to a £100m figure.

I'm just saying I don't value him as a £100m player myself. Would he be valued as such by other clubs? I'm unsure. Maybe he is but I'm skeptical. No one has really put their money here their mouths are apart from us when we bought him. Real didn't even value him at 89m at a time where he was regarded a better player than he is today.

We're fools if we are in for him. We don't seem to be learning any lessons from previous transfers. Guys got talent no doubt but he comes with plenty of baggage and that is something our squad doesn't need right now.
Half the forum will say we’re fools if we’re in for him, the other half that we’re fools if we’re not.

The truth as always lies somewhere in between.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Half the forum will say we’re fools if we’re in for him, the other half that we’re fools if we’re not.

You can't have a Manager come out in public saying he wants players with the United 'attitude' then sign a player famous for having a huge attitude problem. :lol:

It's why I think this is a bullshit story and it's just another saga where our name is thrown in to drum up the price. Alternatively nothing has changed at the club and we're still after anyone who says yes rather than picking and choosing who we go for.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
All I’ve learned from the last 3 days in this thread is that Inter can feck off.
They were the same last season and the season before. I think they're a bit like us in that they get name checked to dozens of players every window. They are cheap skates though. Cheeky shits demand top dollar for their players and want a discount on anyone coming in. :lol:

Walters_19_MuFc

Why? Who would you want instead? For them to bin us off Idrissa Gueye to fund it? :lol:
Two complete different types of players, so it wouldn't make sense. However, if you want a ball winner, there's not a lot better than Idrissa Gueye.

He's the reason Andre Gomes, who is said to be going to West Ham, has looked so good, and Rabiot would be a good replacement for Gomes.

If he (Rabiot) were to come to United, we'd need someone like Gueye to provide a foil for players like Pogba and Rabiot.

dev1l

Two complete different types of players, so it wouldn't make sense. However, if you want a ball winner, there's not a lot better than Idrissa Gueye.

He's the reason Andre Gomes, who is said to be going to West Ham, has looked so good, and Rabiot would be a good replacement for Gomes.

If he (Rabiot) were to come to United, we'd need someone like Gueye to provide a foil for players like Pogba and Rabiot.
Mc Tominay?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
So Rabiot's agent shopped him to every top club and failing which he is currently negotiating with Everton but name drops United to gain some leverage in contract terms.

ArjenIsM3

You can't have a Manager come out in public saying he wants players with the United 'attitude' then sign a player famous for having a huge attitude problem. :lol:

It's why I think this is a bullshit story and it's just another saga where our name is thrown in to drum up the price.
We don't know if Rabiot was really the problem. PSG definitely were at fault for the whole situation too. And in the end they accused his agent of playing games. It all started with him not wanting to sign a new contract and the PSG director then deciding he wouldn't play untill he did. Which is blackmail.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

It's why I think this is a bullshit story and it's just another saga where our name is thrown in to drum up the price. Alternatively nothing has changed at the club and we're still after anyone who says yes rather than picking and choosing who we go for.
If you read the analysis by a few of our resident French posters you’ll know that this thing about having a bad attitude is overblown

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Partey time

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
If Pogba really wants to leave, cash plus Navas and Rodriguez is a pretty good deal.
On paper yeah. Not sure James would be good for you though. Top top player, but he's got a difficult personality he's fallen off with 3 different managers and chances are he won't like manchester and pull a Di Maria

Keylor would be great if you lose DDG though. Top keeper, top bloke

Walters_19_MuFc

why? I like rabiot, problem is his mum agent.
As a player, I have no problems with him. They call him the smooth operator. Very easy on the eye and the kind of deep lying playmaker we could do with to give our midfield a much needed calmness. Given our current situation; however, i'm not sure he's the kind of personality we should be adding to our squad.

Giggsyking

On paper yeah. Not sure James would be good for you though. Top top player, but he's got a difficult personality he's fallen off with 3 different managers and chances are he won't like manchester and pull a Di Maria

Keylor would be great if you lose DDG though. Top keeper, top bloke
:lol:

FFS.

Did Fergie not want the United attitude? Did Fergie sign Eric anyway @RedSky?

As I say, the truth lies somewhere in the middle and has many many more variables than just, has he had problems with his current club.

BlueHaze

Must say that the more time that passes without us signing anyone I get flashbacks to that horrendous summer last year. I was hoping we would do our business quick this summer. :nervous:

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

That describes pretty much every Caf thread? We don't seem to do 'middle ground'?

"Pogbas shite, he can feck off" ... "Pogbas our only world class player"

"Martial is a great player" .... "Martial is a lazy streak of piss"

Gotta love this place. :)

That describes pretty much every Caf thread? We don't seem to do 'middle ground'?

"Pogbas shite, he can feck off" ... "Pogbas our only world class player"

"Martial is a great player" .... "Martial is a lazy streak of piss"

Gotta love this place. :)
There’s very few posters that do middle ground, and those that do often get lumped in with for example “the Mourinho apologists” because they refuse to have the more extreme views.

Feels like the way of the World too now, the centre almost doesn’t exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.