g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hal9000

You do understand he want sto leave. Its the club who are blocking the sale, as they have for years. Poor bloke. We won't play you and we won't sell you.
Think nobody has offered us close to what we got him for, so we've not sold.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
They should look at cheaper options
Why? When they can structure a deal to keep majority of their budget, why do they then need to go for a lower cost and possibly lower quality option?

Teja

Yikes. I really don't think that is the way to go.
I'm not so sure myself either. Highly recommend reading through the NYTimes profile on LFC's transfer strategy (because the article draws an analogy between LFC and Utd for spending big on CBs) https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/22/magazine/soccer-data-liverpool.html

We're going for young, english (this season) and "heart" while everyone else has moved on to data driven scouting and DoFs. Partially explains our spectacular failures over the past five years or so in the transfer market.

Red00012

If DDG leaves give Ramero his shot,he’s earned it.As good as De Gea is he doesn’t command his area and is too rooted to his line for my liking.

If Pogba wants out let him go for a good fee.Lazy and will never change.You can see why SAF didn’t want to play him,believes his own hype.

Get Bruno Fernandes in,looks quality.
Does sitting on a bench earning 50/60k a week for 3/4 years earn you a spot?

Bar a few games in the league cup and Europa league against weak teams he’s done nothing to deserve it.

Bogga

"..Who could still Barca or Real at the age of 23 - 24" For this reason, I prefer Maguire.
I'd rather have De Ligt for 2-4 seasons and sell him to Barca than buying Smalling mk.II for the same amount and seeing him getting a renewed contract with high wages so we can't sell him to anyone

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I’m sure Sky said that Fernandes bloke was all set for City a few weeks ago.

Lee565

It's amazing how Madrid barely have any players worth swapping for a cash + player(s) deal aside from Varane and Casimero, shows how bad their squad is at the moment.

Maybe 100 million plus Casimero seeing as Real Madrid are all about galacticos and don't really value defensive midfielders.

Cardozo

Absolutely no way that Guardiola interested in WB. Good PR by agent or (and) C.Palace
I agree. The only player City will be interested in is a replacement for Fernandinho. The rest of their team is solid. Why break up a good thing.

FujiVice

Getting sick of Zidane's obsession with Pogba as well. Ronaldo gave him a managerial career, let's see how many UCLs or leagues he wins without him. Might be sacked by next summer.
Or then again. He might not.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I’m not saying we are interested in Rakitic, nor do I necessarily want him here, but for all we know that slogan was unique to the James signing. Perhaps all of our transfers will have a different slogan?

I’m sure the majority of our transfer business will be young British players, but that’s not to say we won’t sign an experienced player if the opportunity arises.
I think you’re giving way too much credit to our transfer strategy.....by assuming we have a transfer strategy.
I’d love it if we had a separate slogan for each player though.
Rakatic: experienced, winner, hates woofters

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I've honestly started to block out any "news" re Pogba. I think we re being overly sensitive to it. You can't expect the player to respond to it - once he does he just gave em more quotable words to spin and twist to fit their narrative. It's a losing battle. If he wants to be here next season and still is then great. If not, we've lost players like Beckham, RvN, Ronnie etc over the years too and ultimately ended up being pretty okay for it.

It would be nice though to hold on to players like City has been able to do. These days we've been more of a merc team than them and that bothers me the most. Props to them for holding onto Aguero, Silva, Kompany etc over the years whereas it would have been easy to cash out.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I think you’re giving way too much credit to our transfer strategy.....by assuming we have a transfer strategy.
I’d love it if we had a separate slogan for each player though.
Rakatic: experienced, winner, hates woofters
:lol:

Apparently he's not hugely keen on black people and dwarves either?

Sounds like a lovely chap to have around the dressing room...

jesperjaap

There's no point in speculating because there isn't enough evidence. Its like the time when people on here claimed that lukaku can improve his first touch when we were signing him.

We should not be paying 50-60m for a fullback who isn't good at both going forwards and defending. Play Darmian instead if you want a defensive full back.

Having said all this I can only hope that our scouting team have done their homework and if we do end up signing him, it proves a great deal.

Yet a lot of people are mentioning full backs that are great going forward and cant defend that we should sign and you are making a point of saying if that is what we want we should sign a defender that can do neither. Ashley YOung and Valencia have both been good going forward until the past season.
Personally also I think Bissaka is fine going forwards, he is there to support the attackers
There's no point in speculating because there isn't enough evidence. Its like the time when people on here claimed that lukaku can improve his first touch when we were signing him.

We should not be paying 50-60m for a fullback who isn't good at both going forwards and defending. Play Darmian instead if you want a defensive full back.

Having said all this I can only hope that our scouting team have done their homework and if we do end up signing him, it proves a great deal.

We have had in Young and Valencia attackign full backs that have both been decent going forward until the last season but suspect defensively, yet I keep seeing people mentioning full back we should be after that are good going forward.....and cant defend
And come on, making a point of saying Darmian, he is really weak in this league defensively.

Anyway, I disagree with the going forward comment people are jumping on, sure there are aspects he can improve on, but we are looking for a great full back defensively that can support our attacking players, he is good going forwards and I think will improve....Lukakus touch was never going to improve, awful signing from the outset

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
:lol:

Apparently he's not hugely keen on black people and dwarves either?

Sounds like a lovely chap to have around the dressing room...
Would he get on with martial, that’s the question. He’s kinda short, definitely black....but he’s a serial womaniser. Tough one

Status
Not open for further replies.