Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Of course. I'm not the one quoting Castles with regards to Fred though, @roonster09 is. The article I linked here regarding Fred was written by Rob Dawson.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/clu...l-director-and-why-it-matters-to-their-future

Edit as above, we're in the wrong thread for this - we can probably argue it out in the DOF if necessary.
Didn't you mention Duncan Castles to tell Lindelof and Dalot are Jose's signings?

Duncan Castles was Jose/Mendes mouthpiece. He clearly mentioned Jose wanted Fred months before we signed him, Jose himself said team without a Brazilian is not a team at all. Now that he didn't play as good as expected, narrative changed to how Jose was never a fan of Fred.

NWRed

I don't think Mourinho was ever particularly impressed by him. Has subsequently been reported that he was a signing pushed by our scouting team and that Mourinho was never really keen. Probably explains why he was dropped so quickly.

I think there might be a decent player in there (at least as a squad option).
According to Jason Burt of the Telegraph, Fred was a Mourinho signing and Mourinho used his personal scouts to sign the likes of Fred, Lindelof and Dalot. I even posted the video on here when he said it. Our scouts have basically been on a sabbatical for the last two years if Burt is to be believed.
Sounds far more likely.

Not sure why it's suddenly become such a popular opinion that almost none of our signings were actually wanted by Mourinho. Same claims tend to pop up for Pogba and Sanchez as well, bizarre.
Duncan Castles also said Mourinho wanted Fred when it looked like he was signing for City in Jan 2018.
It was reported before chistmas that Mourinho had told Fred he was part of his dream midfield, then dropped him after a poor start, they all quote a brazilian paper called UOL though, I've no idea how reliable that is:

UK reports (there are probably more):
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7936326/jose-mourinho-fred-dream-midfield-manchester-united/

https://metro.co.uk/2018/12/09/jose...-midfield-trio-for-manchester-united-8222885/

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/f...ed-about-dream-midfield-during-transfer-talks

Original article:
https://esporte.uol.com.br/futebol/...fred-causa-espanto-no-vestiario-do-united.htm

VanGaalyTime

It was reported before chistmas that Mourinho had told Fred he was part of his dream midfield, then dropped him after a poor start, they all quote a brazilian paper called UOL though, I've no idea how reliable that is:

UK reports (there are probably more):
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7936326/jose-mourinho-fred-dream-midfield-manchester-united/

https://metro.co.uk/2018/12/09/jose...-midfield-trio-for-manchester-united-8222885/

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/f...ed-about-dream-midfield-during-transfer-talks

Original article:
https://esporte.uol.com.br/futebol/...fred-causa-espanto-no-vestiario-do-united.htm
Hopefully Fred can turn it around. He's had a few decent games. Can't see United selling for less than we paid at this time.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Hmm. That certainly puzzled me. How do you pursue a player whilst not wanting to get your money out. Definitely gif material this one.
We could encourage him to push for the move or hand in a transfer request? Perhaps that may lower the asking fee?

Infra-red

Didn't you mention Duncan Castles to tell Lindelof and Dalot are Jose's signings?

Duncan Castles was Jose/Mendes mouthpiece. He clearly mentioned Jose wanted Fred months before we signed him, Jose himself said team without a Brazilian is not a team at all. Now that he didn't play as good as expected, narrative changed to how Jose was never a fan of Fred.
To counter @Adnan's assertion that Castles claims that nearly all our signings under Mourinho were players that Mourinho didn't want. As far as I'm aware he hasn't claimed that - has he? I'm not aware of anyone who claims that.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
To counter @Adnan's assertion that Castles claims that nearly all our signings under Mourinho were players that Mourinho didn't want. As far as I'm aware he hasn't claimed that - has he? I'm not aware of anyone who claims that.
I don't know and won't be surprised if Castles did that.

Also not sure where @Adnan said that. I didnt find the post.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
We could encourage him to push for the move or hand in a transfer request? Perhaps that may lower the asking fee?
Neither likely. He signed a new contract last year, when he could have pushed for a move for a smaller transfer fee. I get the impression he isn't the kind of player to cause a shitstorm.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Neither likely. He signed a new contract last year, when he could have pushed for a move for a smaller transfer fee. I get the impression he isn't the kind of player to cause a shitstorm.
Well then I guess he is stuck at Leicester, because I cannot see anyone paying around £80 million for him, but we’ll see.

jeepers

Can y’all take the Mourinho VS Club signings shit the feck outta here. Y’all already acknowledged this is the wrong thread for the discussion but it’s still going on. Cheers lads

SeasickSykes

I'm still unsure how to feel about a Maguire signing, it all just feels so underwhelming after being linked with two of the best CB's in the world and now we're back in for Maguire.

Now, i'm not taking away from the lad, he'll improve our CB partnership straight away but then again i reckon we could dig up ol Malc from the Glazer compound and give him a shot instead of made of glass Jones.

He is Prem proven though and he's big and could probably head a potatoe through a sheet of glass, hopefully if we buy him he improves and becomes the rock we need.

Him paired with Victor though is slow as f%$# though.... Meh.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
Well then I guess he is stuck at Leicester, because I cannot see anyone paying around £80 million for him, but we’ll see.
I am not sure how much better he is, than Leicester, if I am honest. He is better than we currently have, but I just can't get excited about him, irrespective of price.

Infra-red

I don't know and won't be surprised if Castles did that.

Also not sure where @Adnan said that. I didnt find the post.
Because I didn't say it mate. But this is the wrong thread.

Not sure why it's suddenly become such a popular opinion that almost none of our signings were actually wanted by Mourinho. Same claims tend to pop up for Pogba and Sanchez as well, bizarre.
I think the counter claim was made by Duncan Castles who is well known as a Mourinho apologist. Would take anything he says with a pinch of salt.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Can you guys take this tedious Fred and Duncan Castles discussion somewhere else?

El-Manos

Are you telling me our scouts are unable to identify a centre back target which would be an immediate improvement on jones/smalling/Rojo and is relatively young of age and wouldn’t cost 90m pounds?

RuudTom83

If it’s in a tweet it must be real!

I say 100 million by the end of the day will seal the deal! :rolleyes:

VanGaalyTime

Are you telling me our scouts are unable to identify a centre back target which would be an immediate improvement on jones/smalling/Rojo and is relatively young of age and wouldn’t cost 90m pounds?
It's ridiculous isn't it. There are at least 5 obvious ones and probably 20 less obvious ones who are better and available for less than that.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The scouts can identify the players that would improve us over the players you mention from various leagues. But it all depends on what the coaching staff opt for. And it looks like Maguire figures pretty high up the list.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Fred was dumped by Mourinho after a few sub par performances in a disfunctional team in a league he wasn't adjusted to, clearly damaging his confidence.

Ole started playing him in the position he best suited to and he was improving towards the end of the season. He may not develop into a top player but selling him after one season poor season is a knee jerk reaction (Lindelof anyone?).
Still not good enough

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
If Madrid wanted him they would do the deal in a week. We will drag it out all summer

That's why their rebuild is virtually finished and we have signed a young winger for the future
Would Madrid be stumping up £80m for Harry Maguire? No fecking chance. I get your point but you’ve gotta think of the player here. He’s a good centre half but he’s not a one off talent is he?

Status
Not open for further replies.