Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiber

Would Madrid be stumping up £80m for Harry Maguire? No fecking chance. I get your point but you’ve gotta think of the player here. He’s a good centre half but he’s not a one off talent is he?

United have chased him for two years now, so he is clearly a priority for the club even if you disagree.

If he is the target get it done early instead of dragging it out

El-Manos

It's ridiculous isn't it. There are at least 5 obvious ones and probably 20 less obvious ones who are better and available for less than that.
Makes no sense. Instead we are haggling over the quoted prices. Either pay up or look for cheaper and better alternatives.

NoMidfielders

So Leciester want quite a lot more for Maguire than Ajax want for De Ligt? At that price I'd say feck it, next season is gonna be bad anyway we might as well wait until next summer if we genuinely have no other targets at cb.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
So Leciester want quite a lot more for Maguire than Ajax want for De Ligt? At that price I'd say feck it, next season is gonna be bad anyway we might as well wait until next summer if we genuinely have no other targets at cb.
Thing is, we face the exact situation now that we faced last year.

Couldn't get our top targets and are now staring down Maguire in the face, dreading paying £75m+ for him but also feeling like we need to do it. Exact same as last year, and we don't seem to be capable of pulling anyone out of left-field.

Who's to say it won't be the same again next year? At some stage we need to bite the bullet. It can't go on with our current CB options, its actual madness.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Thing is, we face the exact situation now that we faced last year.

Couldn't get our top targets and are now staring down Maguire in the face, dreading paying £75m+ for him but also feeling like we need to do it. Exact same as last year, and we don't seem to be capable of pulling anyone out of left-field.

Who's to say it won't be the same again next year? At some stage we need to bite the bullet. It can't go on with our current CB options, its actual madness.
Just give Tuanzebe a chance, we cannot spend 70m+ on Harry Maguire

Josep Dowling

United have chased him for two years now, so he is clearly a priority for the club even if you disagree.

If he is the target get it done early instead of dragging it out
Chasing him and being linked with him are two different things. We might be interested but anyone with a brain wouldn't pay £70m plus for him. I think he's a good player but the sums they are talking are ridiculous. Move on and find someone else.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Just give Tuanzebe a chance, we cannot spend 70m+ on Harry Maguire
I don't know, I've heard enough people say that he was easily outshone by Ake in the Championship and while he had a good loan spell, it wouldn't be enough to come back and play for us.

NWRed

He has improved sure but that was from a baseline where he was a walking disaster
He was out best defender last year, which isn't saying much I know, but after spending nearly 3 decades watching players get written off only for them to come good once they've had a proper chance and regained their confidence, I'm reluctant to back selling a player after 1 poor season.

Mourinho destroyed the confidence of Bailly and Fred but I'm sure they both have the talent to be at least quality squad players here if they regain their form and confidence.

I would add though I was always certain that Anderson would develop into a world class player, no matter how much he let us down.

GBBQ

I think Ajax have been straight up saying they don't want an auction, they want a set price and are happy to let him go to the club of his choice then. Leicester don't want to lose Maguire and obviously don't share Ajax's sense of whats best for both parties.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He was out best defender last year, which isn't saying much I know, but after spending nearly 3 decades watching players get written off only for them to come good once they've had a proper chance and regained their confidence, I'm reluctant to back selling a player after 1 poor season.

Mourinho destroyed the confidence of Bailly and Fred but I'm sure they both have the talent to be at least quality squad players here if they regain their form and confidence.

I would add though I was always certain that Anderson would develop into a world class player, no matter how much he let us down.
I’m really not fans of either lindelof or Bailly because I believe a CB should have the basics first and foremost and neither can go and head a ball to save their lives. Add that Bailly is king of brain farts and lindelof is easily bullied. I’m not impressed

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Hope that's not true - we still need a CB
We shouldn't be overpaying for Maguire though because we need one. He's not an £80m player. It's just adding more problems for us long term.

If we want Koulibally or De Ligt and can't get either then stick with what we have plus Tuanzebe and improve other areas of the team Instead this summer.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Outside of FFP considerations, that's a stupid idea. They will be spending big on a foreign average winger this winter.
Would I be wrong in thinking Diaby's well rated? I've heard his name pop up before.

Status
Not open for further replies.