Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanche7

I don't have a problem with us paying top money as long as it -
1.Significantly improves the team
2.the player is WC or near WC and is absolutely worth the money
The problem with Maguire is that he won't improve us massively and he's nowhere hear WC. I'll be very happy if the club spends 90 mill on Koulibaly or De Ligt, but not on this guy, he's just not worth it

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Harry Maguire is a good player, there has to be a limit to what you pay on any player. We need a new CB or we are fcked again this year without one. The planning is shocking if we end up paying 75m plus for Maguire. Two summers to bring in a CB and this is what we do.
1. Not my money
2. I’d rather we throw money on getting players who will improve us, rather than throwing money into the glazers’ pockets
3. Who’s to say our finance team have not planned for fees like these?

Kapardin

1. Not my money
2. I’d rather we throw money on getting players who will improve us, rather than throwing money into the glazers’ pockets
3. Who’s to say our finance team have not planned for fees like these?
Precisely put. Unless we fall into the trap of giving mediocre players too high wages (like Sanchez) which affects our ability to offload them, I'm not too concerned about the price tags for players.

Hoof the ball

Every United tweet is utterly disappointing. It's either a 'player possibly leaving United' or 'United monitoring someone'.

In the words of Monty Python and the Holy Grail, "Get on with it!!!!!"

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He is probably the best U20 in France and he should have been the one replacing Neymar when he injured himself instead of changing the organization which totally derailed PSG's season. I wouldn't be surprised if they are doing a "Lo Celso", they should sell the likes of Draxler.
He only has 1 year remaining on his contract and looks like he prefers getting a starting spot elsewhere than renewing in Paris. Anyway it looks like a great deal for Leverkusen.

Classical Mechanic

What is the world coming to if this carthorse is worth more than de ligt
Transfer fee isn't the issue with De Ligt. The issue is who he will agree to go to.
If De Ligt is going earn £340k a week then he will cost comfortably more than Maguire. My guess is about £30m less over the course of a 5 year contract.

Last edited:

Baneofthegame

"Happy" to "rely" on Bailly.

It's probably the most untrue statement in human recorded history.
I would rather just pay Alderwields 25 million release clause and buy Godfrey/Collins for the future.

Especially because “relying” on Bailly is basically insanity.

RU Devil

I'd rather spend about a third of that for Alderweireld and task the scouting department to do their job and find a real prospect to sign on the cheap before they blow up like De Ligt. Swear the last few managers have fecked up the recruitment & development of this team. Get a proper DoF so that there are plans for the short, medium, & long term, instead of patching holes caused by the last guy.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
People saying we shouldn't be concerned with using Glazers money is odd to me. I assume the Glazers have a total budget. Spending a huge proportion of the total budget on Maguire seems pretty foolish to me. Not a massive upgrade on what we have. That kind of money should be getting us a huge upgrade.

mu4c_20le

If he doesnt fit the PL then get rid, but it would be mad to let him go now when we already got rid of half our midfielders

King Eric 7

If De Ligt is going earn £340k a week then he will cost comfortably more than Maguire. My guess is about £30m less over the course of a 5 year contract.
I would wager that three years into his contract, De Ligt will be worth at least £30m more than Maguire.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He only has 1 year remaining on his contract and looks like he prefers getting a starting spot elsewhere than renewing in Paris. Anyway it looks like a great deal for Leverkusen.
He should be part of your rotation, particularly with Mbappé playing upfront, that's the type of player that you should fight for and convince to be part of the club instead of targeting foreign players on massive contracts.

Lee565

90 million for Maguire, if the reports are true that De ligt is going to choose PSG due to wages, United should match them, would rather see the club get potentially the best defender in the world for 65 million on 350k a week than 90 million on Maguire who is marginally better than Smalling.

TrueRed79

Hope to god it's legit.
Nemanja Matić is no longer in the plans of Manchester United, who wants to get rid this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.