Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

joedirt87

the twitter translation option says he's not in United's plans and they want to get rid of this Summer

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Hope to god it's legit.
Nemanja Matić is no longer in the plans of Manchester United, who wants to get rid this summer.
I doubt that's true, has a single other journalist mentioned Matic potentially leaving?

TrueRed79

I doubt that's true, has a single other journalist mentioned Matic potentially leaving?
This was taken from a journalist who writes for Serbia's oldest newspaper and most reliable. Make of it what you will.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
This was taken from a journalist who writes for Serbia's oldest newspaper and most reliable. Make of it what you will.
Fair enough, can't argue with that. Can't say I'd be sad to see the back of him, he was awful last year.

Nickosaur

I'm sure lots of people will be happy but as one of our more experienced midfielders I'm not sure its wise letting him go.

DavelinaJolie

Apparently the overhaul is basically getting rid of the entire midfield. No wonder they want to keep Mata.

Dong Fangzhuo

I'd love to see the back of Matic but I can't see it happening with all the expected turnover this summer + the uncertainty around Pogba.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Haven’t seen this amount of rumored departured from United in awhile or ever. Albeit it is just a rumor, it is still worrying. What will we be left with? Jones, Smalling, Young, McTominay, Bailey, Romero, Lingard, Martial and Dalot. I understand no one wants to play in the Europa league, but we are still Manchester United. We can’t just think the Molde or Cardiff model of 12 out 12 in will work here.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I'm sure lots of people will be happy but as one of our more experienced midfielders I'm not sure its wise letting him go.
Matić can probably still play on high level but surely not entire season.

It's really complicated because we can't know for sure where Ole sees Fred, Pereira and McTominay. None of them looks like Matić type of destroyer, except maybe McTominay.

Woodzy

I wouldn’t be surprised if Ole has a lot of faith in Peirera and McTominay so could see why we would want rid of Matic and Fred at least. Pogba is likely one we just don’t want to sell but might be forced to.

Whatever my thoughts on Matic and Fred, we would need to buy proper replacements and not just rely on Andreas and McTominay more.

Celoti23-81

I see what you're getting at but i don't rate any of our midfielders besides Pogba.
It's up to the manager to get a team and players functioning! I'm pretty sure Klopp would get a real tune out of Fred, Mctominay and Pogba, even Herrera! They only become shait when they end up at Utd for some reason. Matic, I don't like though, too slow. Wouldn't mind if he left!

JB7

People saying we shouldn't be concerned with using Glazers money is odd to me. I assume the Glazers have a total budget. Spending a huge proportion of the total budget on Maguire seems pretty foolish to me. Not a massive upgrade on what we have. That kind of money should be getting us a huge upgrade.
The Glazers have nothing to do with it, it’s not their money & never has been. As long as they get their dividends they don’t give a feck.

Alabaster Codify7

Ive got an irrational dislike for Matic. I've never warmed to him as a United player. But he'd be a good squad player/substitute for a season. If he goes and Ole replaces him with McTominay,it's another nail in Ole's coffin I'm afraid.

Prodigy24

Yeah, who needs midfielders anyway? We can finally play Jones in his preferred DM position and that will be enough.

Seriously though, I think that it would be very stupid to get rid of Fred already. Needs to have a second chance in the new season and see if he can improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.