Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
What makes Diop worth anywhere near £60m?
He is only worth what someone is willing to pay for him of course, but the financial reality these days is that clubs like us just don’t need to sell our best players like in years gone by. If you don’t offer what we ask for then off you jog.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I will delete the last ones.
There's no need to delete them honestly, our fan base is in shambles already.

I guess I thought more people were able to identify the difference between a fact, a rumour and an opinion.

Patrick08

You really think Phelan has loads of pull for big name players, most will only know him for the balloon incident. Poch is the draw. Problem they have is if Levy will splash the cash.
And we didn't think of that before hiring the pair? Any manager will fail if they don't get the right players in.

Giggsyking

Manchester United are prioritising a deal for Crystal Palace defender Aaron Wan-Bissaka before they move onto other targets in the transfer window.
Sources have told the MEN a number of player representatives are in a 'holding pattern' as United continue negotiations with Palace. United have identified Wan-Bissaka, 21, as their ideal right-back target and already had two bids of £40million and £35m including add-ons rejected by Palace.

Infra-red

Manchester United are prioritising a deal for Crystal Palace defender Aaron Wan-Bissaka before they move onto other targets in the transfer window.
Sources have told the MEN a number of player representatives are in a 'holding pattern' as United continue negotiations with Palace. United have identified Wan-Bissaka, 21, as their ideal right-back target and already had two bids of £40million and £35m including add-ons rejected by Palace.
This makes absolutely no sense and would be a totally illogical way to proceed.

Giggsyking

I have been searching the internet for two hours. I will take a brake and have a cup of tea :lol:

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
And we didn't think of that before hiring the pair? Any manager will fail if they don't get the right players in.
Of course a manager will fail for that reason, but if the managerial choice may be wrong, we will have to wait and see for that, then there is more chance that they will lower the quality of players so much it could be disastrous.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
It's been repeated a lot of times but final warning, that people will be permanently threadbanned from this if they keep on continuing to post random journalist opinions/or tweets which are frankly useless.

Tweets like this for example where the journalists overestimates his intelligence and is speculating.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Tweets like the bottom one are part of the reason why our fanbase is so toxic these days. Personal opinions being woven in amongst facts, and rumours "Smacks of Woodward remembering Diop had a good game against United in September" is this guys opinion, and because he's passing on ITK information the average person will believe him and feed into the hysteria surrounding our position at the moment.

We get it, Ed Woodward isn't doing a great job. But I rarely see sports journalists writing their personal opinions on transfer dealings of other clubs when they fail to secure their targets.
Woodward is also the only executive that is routinely named when other clubs fail to secure a targets or are linked to ridiculous rumours they name the club and only the club. Clearly some journalists are exclusively writing for clicks coming from United forums and social media platforms.

Giggsyking

It's been repeated a lot of times but final warning, that people will be permanently threadbanned from this if they keep on continuing to post random journalist opinions/or tweets which are frankly useless.

Tweets like this for example where the journalists overestimates his intelligence and is speculating.
I removed the Tweets with his speculation or opinion.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I agree completely.
I also agree completely.

However, on the other hand, I am happy that Woodward gets bad press, even if some of it is perhaps unjustified.

It fuels a response from our fanbase and puts pressure on him to sort things out IMO.

KM

Tweets like the bottom one are part of the reason why our fanbase is so toxic these days. Personal opinions being woven in amongst facts, and rumours "Smacks of Woodward remembering Diop had a good game against United in September" is this guys opinion, and because he's passing on ITK information the average person will believe him and feed into the hysteria surrounding our position at the moment.

We get it, Ed Woodward isn't doing a great job. But I rarely see sports journalists writing their personal opinions on transfer dealings of other clubs when they fail to secure their targets.
Very good post.

This clown was pandering to the majority by having a stupid opinion.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Woodward is also the only executive that is routinely named when other clubs fail to secure a targets or are linked to ridiculous rumours they name the club and only the club. Clearly some journalists are exclusively writing for clicks coming from United forums and social media platforms.
Precisely this. In no way am I sticking up for Woodward, but if you read the newspapers/twitter you'd think we're the only club who don't manage to get their transfer targets.
How many clubs missed out on Jovic & Mendy? I don't think we were in the race for them, but them simply signing for Real Madrid was seen as a failure on Woodward's part, more so than the other clubs who wanted to sign them, it's utterly bizarre. Like you said, they want the clicks and analytics that goes along with writing negatively about United.

VanGaalyTime

See this is the issue. City get the deal done immediately. See that they need a defensive midfielder - done. See that they need a back up sub left back - done. Why can't United just do the same? Many top players available with affordable fees and we're allowing others to get them.

Sambob

Les get him out, lets just move on. Its bad with him at the moment with the fans giving him abuse, its hardly going to improve now is it.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
See this is the issue. City get the deal done immediately. See that they need a defensive midfielder - done. See that they need a back up sub left back - done. Why can't United just do the same? Many top players available with affordable fees and we're allowing others to get them.
I wouldn't see they've got the deal done immediately. City have been linked with Rodri for nearly two months.

Infra-red

That’s bad business for Juvetus. Dybala isn’t for sale and won’t be thrown in like some sweetener for sure.
Indeed. The sweeteners on offer will be the midfielders that Pogba and Rabiot would be replacing. I'd guess Matuidi, Can, Khedira.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Ed Woodward didn't buy a centre half for Jose last Summer and now he's doing the same to Ole and unfortunately taking the piss out of all United supporters.

VanGaalyTime

€230m! Nobody is paying that for Paul Pogba.

I think we'd be very happy with €140m.
He's a world cup winning captain with three years left on his deal at the peak of his marketability. If we only get the same as Liverpool got for Coutinho we should just stop calling ourselves a business. 180 plus add ons should be minimum to begin negotiations.

Nick7

What in god's name are you talking about?

KM

They've been linked with him for two months or so.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Immediately? What? The player was mentioned in this thread two months ago as a City target and it still technically isn't a done deal. If the club names were changed throughout the 'saga' from City to United, the comments in the thread would be "ffs he has a release clause, why hasn't Woodworm* got this over the line yet?"

*or whatever other nickname is hip these days

Status
Not open for further replies.