Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

Wasn't Weigl the next big thing like 1-2 years ago?
I remember the caf raving over him.
Yeah, that was under Tuchel though. Favre is not his biggest fan, played him at CB for a while. Weigl is a specific type of player and he isnt starting when everyone is fit.

nycender

Personal terms to be agreed, but the oracle says £80/90k per week. Sky are awful these days!
He is a clown, 2 hours ago he said the clubs had not agreed even though Ornstein had alreadyc onfirmed it.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Personal terms to be agreed, but the oracle says £80/90k per week. Sky are awful these days!
Kaveh really is awful, he's basically the new Howard Nurse, he'll swan in after everywhere else has already reported the deal being agreed and act like he was on it from the beginning.

AltiUn

That was my first reaction too. Must have had a (couple of) lackluster season for the price to fall that low.
You can say that again. Tuchel's the only manager who's been able to get a tune out of him, I'm actually a bit surprised to not see PSG linked with him considering they're rumoured to be after a new midfielder.

ovoxo

Kaveh really is awful, he's basically the new Howard Nurse, he'll swan in after everywhere else has already reported the deal being agreed and act like he was on it from the beginning.
Ahhh Howard Nurse... now he was clueless!:lol:

AltiUn

After they were so difficult towards us with Perisic it's nice to see it biting them back now. If it gets to mid-July and they still haven't offered what we're asking then we should just keep him, we'd have little time to find a replacement before the season started.

Nickosaur

People might get frustrated with Ed, and I'm not his biggest fan. But the AWB deal was well handled (if the reports are accurate - 50m total, kept the zaha buyout and awb on reasonable wages) and I'm also glad we're not accepted dumb bids for our players. Hopefully he's learnt from Inter fecking us around with Perisic a few years back.

GBBQ

Has Lukaku really gone public about wanting to leave without having a viable option to move to. Pretty stupid move by his agent if that's the case. Surely he must have assurances that they can afford him but will play hardball to get the best deal.

RedCurry

No RW is disappointing, if true.
To be fair, with AWB at the back, we could play one more year with Rashford as RF except he won't need to drop as deep as he had to last season. We can obviously do better though.

sparx99

I just created this in Newbies, not convinced?..

We need a RB if we don't believe Dalot is ready there and Wan Bissaka now looks more or less confirmed as our starter and in reality the future for the next 10 years!

There might be some games where Dalot starts at RB if Wan Bissaka continues to look better the defensive rather than attacking side of the game, but the bigger question is what is Dalot's best position?

From the games this year we saw some incredible crossing, of a standard I've not see since Neville/ Becks. Ok maybe not with the end result yet, but the technique is perfect.

His dribbling is incredible, quick, skillful, fairly strong.

At RB he was energetic/ tenacious, quick to the tackle, but maybe not the best at timing, judgement, etc.

I genuinely think he has the potential to be a top class RW and i think that could be his best position. Him and Wan Bissaka could seriously own that wing.

I'd rather give Dalot a chance with Chong shadowing him and spend the money on a striker. If it doesn't work as well expected then we can look at Sancho next year.

As for striker we might not even need the money. Swapping Lukaku for Icardi seems an obviously sensible deal....so instead get Fernandes and a CB sorted.
Yeah, actually if Sancho has said no to us this summer then playing Dalot as a genuine right winger could be our best option. Chong looks like he needs time develop physically still but he has shown glimpses of his potential.

If the plan is to play Dalot further forward it would explain why we are signing a RB. AWB and maybe Laird in a couple years would be good RB options.

sparx99

I mean its really a nothing story that ESPN manage to report on in the most patronising way. Between that and the £100 mil transfer kitty story they must be raking it in with clickbait.
I know it’s Football Manager but that game is known for its accuracy and Utd have a massive number of scouts in game.

I’m fairly sure we read about the scouting department had a massive recruitment like 2/3yrs ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.