Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infra-red

Imagine Spurs get Ndombele and Bruno :nervous:
I think Spurs will be looking to put a bit of distance between themselves and us, Chelsea, Arsenal, Leicester, Wolves. I'm more interested in what Chelsea/Arsenal do, as that will likely determine whether we qualify for CL or not.

UnitedObsession99

Right we need tweets on the next deal I’m still hungry.
Hungry....we are all starving on the edge of death.

We've signed 2 players in positions that weren't top priorities. Yes RB counts if comparing to Young playing there, but Dalot is much better than Young, so wasnt essential.

Don't get me wrong both signings could have a big impact, but the top 10 priorities at the start of the summer should have been something like...
1) CB
2) RW
3) DM
4) CM
5) CM (if Pogba left or otherwise re-sign)
6) GK (if De Gea left or otherwise re-sign)
7) CF
8) LB cover
9) CM (Fellaini replacement...!)
10) CB or RB (cover or first teamers)

Last edited:

tonnas

Hungry....we are all starving on the edge of death.

We've signed 2 players in positions that weren't top priorities. Yes RB counts if comparing to Young playing there, but Dalot is much better than Young, so wasnt essential.

Don't get me wrong both signings could have a big impact, but the top 10 priorities at the start of the summer should have been something like...
1) CB
2) DM
3) RW
4) CM
5) CM (if Pogba left or otherwise re-sign)
6) GK (if De Gea left or otherwise re-sign)
7) CF
8) LB cover
9) CM (Fellaini replacement...!)
10) CB or RB (cover or first teamers)
RB is/was essential, we needed a proper rb and we go one, now it is important to get a cb and a cm

sparx99

I just want a Right Winger so badly. If we have another season of nobody playing that side I will lose my mind.

Even though CB is important Bailly with a bounce-back year or maybe Tuanzebe comes in and make it his own (Joe Gomez did it at Liverpool).

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
45m+5m as well as keeping the 25% sell on for Zaha is a good deal.

Also proves that a lot of journalists talk shit and just use negative news against us for clicks.

Some were reporting it was £60m up front + sell on removed. :nervous:

UnitedObsession99

I just want a Right Winger so badly. If we have another season of nobody playing that side I will lose my mind.

Even though CB is important Bailly with a bounce-back year or maybe Tuanzebe comes in and make it his own (Joe Gomez did it at Liverpool).
I just created this in Newbies, not convinced?..

We need a RB if we don't believe Dalot is ready there and Wan Bissaka now looks more or less confirmed as our starter and in reality the future for the next 10 years!

There might be some games where Dalot starts at RB if Wan Bissaka continues to look better the defensive rather than attacking side of the game, but the bigger question is what is Dalot's best position?

From the games this year we saw some incredible crossing, of a standard I've not see since Neville/ Becks. Ok maybe not with the end result yet, but the technique is perfect.

His dribbling is incredible, quick, skillful, fairly strong.

At RB he was energetic/ tenacious, quick to the tackle, but maybe not the best at timing, judgement, etc.

I genuinely think he has the potential to be a top class RW and i think that could be his best position. Him and Wan Bissaka could seriously own that wing.

I'd rather give Dalot a chance with Chong shadowing him and spend the money on a striker. If it doesn't work as well expected then we can look at Sancho next year.

As for striker we might not even need the money. Swapping Lukaku for Icardi seems an obviously sensible deal....so instead get Fernandes and a CB sorted.

AaronRedDevil

For the first time since Nani left. We actually have a threat on the right wing. James and Bissaka. Left Shaw and Martial. This can work out nicely :angel:

UnitedObsession99

Lots of muppets on here were willing to cave in to Palace's demand to drop the Zaha sell on clause yet they label Woody as incompetent!
There is a balance to be struck here.

£25m, plus £5m add ons, plus drop Zaha clause would be incredibly sensible from our perspective.

We gain £20m of value for Zaha and risk losing the upside (of him going for more than £80m), but remove risk of getting nothing from Zaha e.g. if they retain or he runs his contract down.

I would personally have been all in on trying to realise the value of that deal now. Better to get a very reasonable something now than risk nothing.

cloyton

Very happy with the signing. AWB and James is a good start to the window.

If we can get:

Maguire
Longstaff
Bruno Fernadez
& a striker we will be flying for the new season.

Talksport reckon we were in for Arsenal striker Pierre Emerick Aubameyang and with Arsenal needing to raise funds to get Zaha and better their deffence they might be willing to sell as he is 29/30 now?

Imagine next year

De Gea

AWB Maguire Lindelof Shaw
Matic Fernadnez Pogba
Aubameyang Rashford Martial/James?

Could be an interesting lineup to say the least!

OoopsMisclick

For the first time since Nani left. We actually have a threat on the right wing. James and Bissaka. Left Shaw and Martial. This can work out nicely :angel:
James is a left winger. We all saw how well shoehorning left wingers into the RW turned out last season.

RW still needs to be sorted out.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
He might still be a decent right wing. His footballing ability is good enough
Martial's ability is good enough, Sanchez is supposed to be world class, but neither can play on the right for shit. What makes you think James can?

Riz

There is a balance to be struck here.

£25m, plus £5m add ons, plus drop Zaha clause would be incredibly sensible from our perspective.

We gain £20m of value for Zaha and risk losing the upside (of him going for more than £80m), but remove risk of getting nothing from Zaha e.g. if they retain or he runs his contract down.

I would personally have been all in on trying to realise the value of that deal now. Better to get a very reasonable something now than risk nothing.
:lol:

Yeh it is incredibly sensible from our perspective... and Palace would have laughed in our face. No way would they accept that offer so it's absolutely pointless discussing the benefits of it.

GJNJ

Martial's ability is good enough, Sanchez is supposed to be world class, but neither can play on the right for shit. What makes you think James can?
They are struggling on the left too. He has played on the right so it's a possibility. He said in his interview he has/can play left, right and in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.