Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordNinio

It's a horrible city. Maybe the outskirts are nice. But I've only ever been there as a tourist to visit museums and get high.

The middle is crowded, smelly and the worst tourist trap I've ever been to. Everything about it is designed to separate visitors from their money in some way (far more so than other tourist-y cities around the world that I've visited).
Maybe you just didn't go anywhere nice? Everyone I know, that's been, thinks its a beautiful place, the canals, the architecture, some great museums, and galleries.

The red light district area, is seedy, but then what else would anyone expect?

Ole90+3

SSN are truly irrelevant these days. Didn't they once used to be a reliable and responsive source? Or was that purely down to the other alternative of transfer updates coming from Teletext?

Suppose information is so much more accessible now than 7 or 8 years ago, at the time I kind of remember SSN being fairly on the ball.

LordNinio

SSN are truly irrelevant these days. Didn't they once used to be a reliable and responsive source? Or was that purely down to the other alternative of transfer updates coming from Teletext?

Suppose information is so much more accessible now than 7 or 8 years ago, at the time I kind of remember SSN being fairly on the ball.
A while ago, they were definitely the go to place, the alternative was the papers or standard news.

Now players / journalists / agents etc all have twitter accounts, so anyone can see the information just as quickly as sky can.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
£9 upfront and £54m after 2 years? Feck off. Make it 80.

lysglimt

Scout
Not often I hope a quality player will join Our rivals - but if Arsenal want to blow their entire transfer budget on Zaha and give us Close to £20 mill in the process - I can take it.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I think £60m is a decent price for Lukaku
No way. He’s going into his prime, scores for fun for the national team and actually, despite criticism, did okay for us. We should absolutely be recouping the fee we payed for him. We’re under no pressure to sell, either.

Fox outside the box

If only football in reality was like FIFA. We make it sound like all we have to do is indicate interest and every player just rushes to our door.. Do we ever consider certain players may not find us fashionable at the moment? What if Toby sees us a step down at this point in time? Just my thoughts...
People honestly talk about players as if they are cattle. Things like 'only if they give x cash and throw in x player to sweeten the deal'. Sweeten the deal? You aren't selling a car and chucking in some extras to seal the deal, these are people.

Really doesn't work like that, you are assuming that the player wants to move, then wants to move to said buying club, that the selling club want to lose that player and also the buying club actually want that player. When you then consider that it could include moving country, uprooting children and changing schools to a country they may not speak the language. Then what about partners who may have careers in that country, family etc?

Problem is, people tend not to think, they just say.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I dont understand how Inter can't make a better offer. All the reports say they're finding it hard to shift Icardi asap, but if they're offering to pay the bulk of the money for Lukaku in 2 years, they can offer the full amount and sell Icardi in the meantime. They're absolute cnuts.

Paxi

It is. We just massively overpaid for him which is making some unhappy with the value.

He was never worth £75m to begin with.
It’s supply and demand in the end. They’re more than welcome to stick with Icardi or look for alternatives. I severely doubt they'll find anyone for £75 million in the mould of Lukaku- which is what Conte wants.

Tarrou

No way. He’s going into his prime, scores for fun for the national team and actually, despite criticism, did okay for us. We should absolutely be recouping the fee we payed for him. We’re under no pressure to sell, either.
its always a lot more difficult to get value when you're looking to sell though

Paxi

its always a lot more difficult to get value when you're looking to sell though
We are but then we’re not under pressure to sell. Lukaku said that he won’t agitate for a move and that he will keep his professionalism if the move doesn’t transpire. We’ve got a better negotiating position at this current moment. Just sit tight and the offer will come. Of course the bad thing is, it’s going to hold up our own window, but hey you can’t have it all.

In Rainbows

It is. We just massively overpaid for him which is making some unhappy with the value.

He was never worth £75m to begin with.
I think it's also important to realize that it's not just his transfer fee. It's his wages. You can't expect another club to give him the wages we did and pay the same transfer fee we did. If we replace Lukaku with a player who is on less wages, that should factor into the sale of Lukaku from our financial standpoint.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
If only Skriniar would say yes. Straight swap would settle this quickly.
I know we're going through a bad period but it's not like this Inter side is doing amazing. Because of Wandagate, sounds like there's plenty of bad blood within the squad. And we'll definitely pay much more to make up for swapping the city of Milan for Manchester.
Maybe we're not trying hard enough because our scouts don't rate Skriniar. I just can't believe he's not even slightly interested in us & the EPL.

mad1max954

I know we're going through a bad period but it's not like this Inter side is doing amazing. Because of Wandagate, sounds like there's plenty of bad blood within the squad. And we'll definitely pay much more to make up for swapping the city of Milan for Manchester.
Maybe we're not trying hard enough because our scouts don't rate Skriniar. I just can't believe he's not even slightly interested in us & the EPL.
It is a strange one, he has as much of a chance of winning the league with us as with Inter realistically. Plus we would pay him a lot more in a better league. That would be a good bit of business I would think, for both parties.

VanGaalyTime

I think it's also important to realize that it's not just his transfer fee. It's his wages. You can't expect another club to give him the wages we did and pay the same transfer fee we did. If we replace Lukaku with a player who is on less wages, that should factor into the sale of Lukaku from our financial standpoint.
Agreed. I don't mind a fee of 70m as long we can use all of it on either a right winger or another striker. Another key issue will be Pogba. I can't see us selling both Pogba and Lukaku this summer. We'd have to begin our rebuilding again with just a few days to do it.

willhse456

Sell Lukaku for 70 and swap him with Aubameyang so Arsenal can spend the money on Zaha. Can see people complaining that Aubameyang is too old but Rashford/Martial are too young to shoulder all the responsibility.

DCP

The most simple thing would be to take Icardi & £40m off of Inter's hands, Icardi would be a huge upgrade for us; he's got a wife so it's unlikely hes going to go and get with Phil Jones's.

Judas

Open to offers
The most simple thing would be to take Icardi & £40m off of Inter's hands, Icardi would be a huge upgrade for us; he's got a wife so it's unlikely hes going to go and get with Phil Jones's.
He wouldnt be that big of an upgrade, not with our massive creativity issues.

Inter Yer Nan

I don't think Inter would ever give us anything worthwhile in return. They want to get players for next to nothing or on silly loan deals and gouge other teams for their players.

GBBQ

Wasn't he quite positive when he was linked with us and spoke well about Jose (albeit whilst shutting down any speculation). I suppose he might have been just being polite or he might hold a different view given Jose is gone / Ole is in charge / we don't have CL. But I don't think Inter are that far ahead of United at the moment that he can claim he has better chances of trophies or success.

AaronRedDevil

It is a strange one, he has as much of a chance of winning the league with us as with Inter realistically. Plus we would pay him a lot more in a better league. That would be a good bit of business I would think, for both parties.
Maybe he just likes Italy. Even I wouldn't pick between the 2. If it's not footballing reasons.

Inter Yer Nan

It's a horrible city. Maybe the outskirts are nice. But I've only ever been there as a tourist to visit museums and get high.

The middle is crowded, smelly and the worst tourist trap I've ever been to. Everything about it is designed to separate visitors from their money in some way (far more so than other tourist-y cities around the world that I've visited).
I've never been to Amsterdam, but I take it you've not visited Las Vegas yet?

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Sell Lukaku for 70 and swap him with Aubameyang so Arsenal can spend the money on Zaha. Can see people complaining that Aubameyang is too old but Rashford/Martial are too young to shoulder all the responsibility.
Would Aubameyang work with your midfield ? When we have an off-day in terms of creativity he almost becomes a burden. You will no doubt improve this season but i struggle to see why he would go to United outside of money.

Inter Yer Nan

feck off Inter you bunch of cnuts. Sheer hypocrisy.
Exactly, if Perisic, at 29 was worth 52m in the market two years ago, what do you think they would want for Lukaku if they had him in the market with today's prices? He's, what 26, should be entering his prime, proven goalscorer etc; they'd want 120m minimum but instead want him on a two year loan where they'd weasel out or try to negotiate the price down.

dove

Exactly, if Perisic, at 29 was worth 52m in the market two years ago, what do you think they would want for Lukaku if they had him in the market with today's prices? He's, what 26, should be entering his prime, proven goalscorer etc; they'd want 120m minimum but instead want him on a two year loan where they'd weasel out or try to negotiate the price down.
What is there to negotiate when you are obligated to buy him for certain amount when the loan ends?

Status
Not open for further replies.