Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I just did a goal and assist search for Isco and Lingard for the last two league seasons(using whoscored.com).
Isco has 156 minutes per goal and assist.
Lingard is at 183 minutes per goal and assist.

Really surprising why Isco is so highly rated on here. Isco is also about 8 month older than Jesse.

dev1l

I just did a goal and assist search for Isco and Lingard for the last two league seasons(using whoscored.com).

Really surprising why Isco is so highly rated on here. Isco is also about 8 month older than Jesse.
Grass is always greener on the other side...

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Grass is always greener on the other side...
Not saying that Jesse is better but it's surprising that people want Isco so much given the pelters Jesse gets.

Velvet Revolver

It's not all about first touch. There are many technical attributes, passing being a big one, Ben Yeddar is awful passing wise as apposed to lukaku who has shown to be a decent passer of the ball.
The important thing for a striker is to score goals. Passing for a striker has to be secondary in terms of ability, he needs to link up play get others involved and one of the main things for that is a good first touch ( which lukaku does not have). Also with all the attacking talent we have we need someone who can finish and yedder can do that.

let the midfielders worry about the passing

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
People here have a hard on for Ceballos. He is not good enough. Possibly worse than Kovacic who was a darling around here and is basically a nothing player. Isco is nothing to shout about either. He played for great teams, is good at dribbling but not productive enough at the end of the day.

settembrini

The only Madrid player that a) they would give us and b) I would want is Asensio. And I'm not even that keen on him tbh.

RkkMan

Why are so many people convinced we are signing Bruno Fernandes? It's the Portuguese press that are reporting it. The same ones who used to tell us Gaitan was signing every other week.

Haven't seen a single solid source for this yet. Seems like they are trying to drum up interest to me.

Also don't think there's a cat in hell's chance of Ole pairing up Pogba n Fernandes either. Not in a million years. So unless Madrid cough up major cash there's no way we'll move for an AM player whilst we still have Pogba.

Replacements for Herrera and Matic definitely more important.
James Ducker and Rob Dawson have both reported our interest in him and he's played at RCM for Portugal during the international break he can fit in with Pogba

Red_toad

Some overlooking Asensio - would definitely take him and cash for Pogba
If he could play on the right, in an instant he’d improve us. But he’s competition to Martial/ Rashford/ James. So we’d simply get more overloaded on the left and next to nothing on the right.

Nick7

Not saying that Jesse is better but it's surprising that people want Isco so much given the pelters Jesse gets.
Same reason why people want Asensio. They only see the good things, ignoring the bad. Both are inconsistent and don't provide much end product. They play silky football from time to time though.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Don’t think people should get hung up on Isco’s stats. He’s got proper modern CM attributes to me. The ability to keep possession under pressure in the middle of the park. I think he could circulate the ball, give and go and resist the press.

Isco does tend to keep his head down a bit though which may be an issue, but I do think he has many attributes to be a top CM. Haven’t seen him much lately, but he’s got a good work rate too from what I recall.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
100%. I think Isco is an absolute bum. Absolute definition of flatters to deceive. Plus he has his own weird attitude problems. I remember there was something about him being fat and him being insecure and posting selfies of himself on it.

DWelbz19

Don’t think people should get hung up on Isco’s stats. He’s got proper modern CM attributes to me. The ability to keep possession under pressure in the middle of the park. I think he could circulate the ball, give and go and resist the press.

Isco does tend to keep his head down a bit though which may be an issue, but I do think he has many attributes to be a top CM. Haven’t seen him much lately, but he’s got a good work rate too from what I recall.
In no world is he a central midfielder. He's an attacker who has no space in this game.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
@SportsPeteO: Frank Lampard has signed his contract to become Chelsea’s new manager. #cfc #dcfc
Pretty sure Di Marzio called this one first at the beginning of the summer.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
In no world is he a central midfielder. He's an attacker who has no space in this game.
The CM role has changed, as has the attacking one he used to occupy. For me, he’s a midfield 3 player now, rather than a forward 3.

redshaw

Can you do it for three seasons?

Also pass completion, miscontrols?

DWelbz19

The CM role has changed, as has the attacking one he used to occupy. For me, he’s a midfield 3 player now, rather than a forward 3.
Is he ever actually considered an option there for Madrid? WhoScored and Transfermarkt both have his primary position for the season(s) down as a left midfielder/attacker from the left side.

I just think he's caught in that flux between being neither a central midfielder, nor a wide attacker. Kind of like a few of his contemporaries in this current era. Coutinho and James Rodriguez come to mind.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool

See you charted all the relevant metrics for a proper assessment and sound comparison here.

AaronRedDevil

Every top club is getting great money from selling their fringe players, apart from us. Yet some fans still say there is no problem with our board. :rolleyes:
You do know United are not budging on pogba 150m price and also trying to sell lukaku for the near same price they bought him. Only 2 years older and more fatter.

Status
Not open for further replies.