Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

What are they smoking at emirates?

Satissh12

Arsenal make £40m bid for Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha. Zaha wants to move to Arsenal

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I would gladly pay that 30m for Zaha and take him back. Such a steal !

Obviously, if Palace are willing.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
The 25% we get from this deal is always going to make Zaha moving on difficult.
40m bid would result in them receiving 30m.... Not gonna happen :lol:

Silas

Indeed. I think he has the tools to knit play together. I don’t even need him constantly playing strikers through on goal, but more a player who the play can go through. Lots of little short passes in a tight midfield to keep us in possession or move the team up the field.

I think he can do some similar things to Modric or a Cazorla for example. Even David Silva perhaps.
Agreed, been thinking this for a while. Definitely suited better to a deeper role than he often plays. Him next to Pogba could be great if he settled into a metronome role.

Tarrou

hard to see Zaha moving with that clause

he'll have to kick up a bit of a fuss to make it happen

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Don't think Palace will even negotiate with them after that bid.
It's insulting isn't it. Just sold a young RB for £50m.
Everyone knows about the 25% clause, so Arsenal effectively just offered them £30m for their best player.

I wouldn't even respond.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Looks like Brahimi to Arsenal haven't got enough klicks for Sky Sport News.

hobbers

They just got £45m for AWB...

So Arsenal think £30m will be enough for their best player who has a contract until 2023 :lol:

prateik

With the money they got for AWB, dont think Palace need the money from a sale either..
60+m I think.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He's not average at all. He's a very good player/
He's a 10 goal a season forward, and saying that is quite generous as he achieved that only once at 26. Definition of average.

I'd say it's CP taking the piss asking for the world for him, not Arsenal for putting a fair offer. CP are entitled to turn that down, let's see if they can keep the player happy after that. Arsenal can look elsewhere, there are plenty of average to good forwards available in Europe for ~40m.

Born2Lose

If true I don’t like these tactics. Just get the deal done
"Now he is the key to the whole mess. There's a clause in his new contract that states that Sporting will have to pay €5m (to Fernandes) if they reject anything over a €35m bid for him.

"No agents will jeopardise their relationship with a big club by making them pay €50-60m for a player who could have cost just €35m.
https://www.skysports.com/football/...-fernandes-would-thrive-in-the-premier-league

United_We_Stand

José Félix Díaz: Martin Schoots, the agent of Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Christian Eriksen, is set to meet with Real Madrid as he looks to discover more about Los Blancos' potential interest in the player.
Paul Pogba remains Madrid's primary target for the midfield and the Frenchman will discuss his future with Manchester United upon his return from his holidays.
Eriksen, on the other hand, has decided against renewing his contract with Spurs, who are willing to enter negotiations with Real Madrid about his possible departure.
Under the current circumstances, however, last season's Champions League runners-up are open to reaching a deal with Madrid, who will wait - above all else - for Manchester United to make a decision on Pogba's future.

Lee565

Arsenal make £40m bid for Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha. Zaha wants to move to Arsenal

Is he really that much better than Iwobi? Zaha is the vocal point in a bottom half of the table side, I'm sure Iwobi wouldn't look too bad being treated as the star player in a small pond.

Also out of curiosity how would our 25% sell on clause work if Palace did a swap deal with Arsenal instead?

R'hllor

I know you dont make starting bid of 100mil. right away but if you take everything consideration, 40 mil. offer is so out of touch.

NoMidfielders

More dicking about. We must really want this player in before they travel for preseason.
Believe he's on holiday at the moment, might be similar to the AWB situation where the media report stuff to fill the gap when actually it's all waiting for the player to become available to finalise everything.

Or maybe it's all bullshit and we don't actually want him.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Is he really that much better than Iwobi? Zaha is the vocal point in a bottom half of the table side, I'm sure Iwobi wouldn't look too bad being treated as the star player in a small pond.

Also out of curiosity how would our 25% sell on clause work if Palace did a swap deal with Arsenal instead?
It wouldn't.

Krisbijoy

Believe he's on holiday at the moment, might be similar to the AWB situation where the media report stuff to fill the gap when actually it's all waiting for the player to become available to finalise everything.

Or maybe it's all bullshit and we don't actually want him.
More than likely that it's the journo's latching on to spin up an article based on the whole 5 million if 35+ million rejected clause. I think we are in for him and would settle for somewhere near 50 million.

finneh

They would have to assign a value to the players included (just as if you were including your old house in the purchase of a more expensive new house).

However just as in the scenario with houses you'd manipulate the cost of the traded players to ensure maximum cost efficiency (in this case to avoid paying a huge sell on fee, in the case of houses to avoid SDLT).

E.g. If it was Iwobi and £40m they'd value Iwobi at maybe £7-8m.

ChaddyP

Arsenal literally only have 40 million to spend. They basically went all in texas hold em style :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.