Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoomSlayer

You do know United are not budging on pogba 150m price and also trying to sell lukaku for the near same price they bought him. Only 2 years older and more fatter.
Are Pogba and Lukaku fringe players? Or did they cost the club a combined fee of around £170 million, without even taking into account their extremely high wages?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
See you charted all the relevant metrics for a proper assessment and sound comparison here.
never said I am making a proper assessment. But they play in a same position and have similar stats. Yet one is constantly getting pelters and other is desperately wanted by United fans.

Use other metrics if you want to do a proper assessment.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Don’t think people should get hung up on Isco’s stats. He’s got proper modern CM attributes to me. The ability to keep possession under pressure in the middle of the park. I think he could circulate the ball, give and go and resist the press.

Isco does tend to keep his head down a bit though which may be an issue, but I do think he has many attributes to be a top CM. Haven’t seen him much lately, but he’s got a good work rate too from what I recall.
Agreed.

His end product isn't good, and his passing is average, but his interplay is good, and his press resistance is other-worldly. He can also dribble which is something we lack.

I'd take him any day over Lingard but, if we swapped Pogba for him, it'd be a bad deal for us. Pogba's a lot better.

DoomSlayer

feck off, why would we low ball him.
Apparently, because of the situation Sporting was in last summer, they put a clause in Fernandes' contract that if they refuse any offer of €35 million or above, they have to pay him €5 million. So it makes sense to me that we get an advantage in such a deal.

Josep Dowling

Do you mean a player like Fred? Or maybe Matic?
This type of argument is getting boring now. So we give up trying to same players who have made a name for themselves because it hasn’t worked out. Have you ever thought it’s because we don’t sign the right ones?

Both you have mentioned we’re poor signings which I didn’t personally want anyway. But how is signing Championship players going to improve us, or players with less than 10 starts to their name?

We can still buy decent players, they just need to scout the players a lot better. I.E their mentality, how they will adapt in another country, do they want to be at Manchester United, are they the right age. AWB is a good start but we need 3 more signing just like him to have any chance next season.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Agreed.

His end product isn't good, and his passing is average, but his interplay is good, and his press resistance is other-worldly. He can also dribble which is something we lack.

I'd take him any day over Lingard but, if we swapped Pogba for him, it'd be a bad deal for us. Pogba's a lot better.
Indeed. I think he has the tools to knit play together. I don’t even need him constantly playing strikers through on goal, but more a player who the play can go through. Lots of little short passes in a tight midfield to keep us in possession or move the team up the field.

I think he can do some similar things to Modric or a Cazorla for example. Even David Silva perhaps.

CM

That Rashford contract is pretty steep. He has to start delivering big numbers now.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
What the absolute feck?
20m pounds for a player who played no part in their team whatsoever.
We should be asking 30m for Darmian based on that.
Feck me they’re good, we would’ve struggled to get a penny for Ings.
Sanchez after recent Copa America should be worth some decent money, too.

Krisbijoy

What the absolute feck?
Attackers generally go for more . Also 20 is the new 10 million .

Apparently, because of the situation Sporting was in last summer, they put a clause in Fernandes' contract that if they refuse any offer of €35 million or above, they have to pay him €5 million. So it makes sense to me that we get an advantage in such a deal.
Holy shit,someone read the article.;)

Yagami

Good post resistant
Indeed. I think he has the tools to knit play together. I don’t even need him constantly playing strikers through on goal, but more a player who the play can go through. Lots of little short passes in a tight midfield to keep us in possession or move the team up the field.

I think he can do some similar things to Modric or a Cazorla for example. Even David Silva perhaps.
Yeah, I think he'd help improve our general play quite a bit despite his passing range being quite limited. The aforementioned players have a better passing range than him, but Isco's other attributes, in my opinion, mean he can still be that player wno knits our play together as you say.

It'd just be a bonus knowing that you could pass to him in pretty much any situation/position and he'd keep the ball and probably beat his man advancing us upfield.

Nick7

Isn't that a one time thing? You would think Sporting could ride it out if they think they'll get more later in the summer.

NJM78

We really did well low balling Shaktar last summer. 35m euros is a bit of a piss take though.

El Presidente

Pretty strange clause that. Can't see it.

Gasolin

Every top club is getting great money from selling their fringe players, apart from us. Yet some fans still say there is no problem with our board. :rolleyes:
Wait, isn't it because this time we decided to hold the price for Lukaku and Pogba that we cannot sell because no one can buy them? Same for Sanchez... This year, we cannot say they did anything wrong yet, can we?

astracrazy

Regarding Bruno Fernandes (sorry can't post media)

Hmm odd. So wasn't there a story about he had a clause in his contract where if they reject anything above £35M they have to then pay him £5M in compensation (call it what you want).

So we offer them £35M and him £5M per year. Feels like there is a reason but I can't put my finger for it, or the story is just being made up using the same numbers...

Fridge chutney

Do your best.
QPR make 2 loan signings: Matt Smith from Man City and Luke Amos from Spurs.

DoomSlayer

Wait, isn't it because this time we decided to hold the price for Lukaku and Pogba that we cannot sell because no one can buy them? Same for Sanchez... This year, we cannot say they did anything wrong yet, can we?
"Fringe" is the key word mate. "Deadwood", permanently injured or underperforming players, this is what I'm talking about and literally every top club gets tens of millions of euros or pounds for this type of footballers in their squads.
Pretty strange clause that. Can't see it.
I can see it, but you must not know that Sporting were on the verge of losing almost all of their team last season due to very peculiar circumstances. Look it up and make of it what you wish.

Lee565

What the absolute feck?
Weighing it all up, Ings scored 8 goals for Southampton on loan last season, he's British, is still only 26 years old and probably also on low wages that Southampton can afford to pay, 18 million plus potentially 2 million in add ons in today's market is not that ridiculous.

The problem United have is we just seem to hoard the players that are not wanted rather then placing them out on loan, we wait too long before realizing the obvious that player is not good enough, we offer these fringe players contract extensions with wages far exceeding what they deserve so it makes it harder for teams that have lower wage caps to offer anything close to the deal we are dumb enough to offer these players, foreign players generally have lower values compared to English players when selling them to other Premier League teams where even mid-table sides have better transfer budgets than most teams in other big European leagues aside from 5 or 6 elite clubs.

This is why it's so hard to get rid of darmian, the only teams really interested in him are Italian sides and aside from probably Juve they all tend to penny pinch as we have seen with Inter Milan.

Gasolin

Why are so many people convinced we are signing Bruno Fernandes? It's the Portuguese press that are reporting it. The same ones who used to tell us Gaitan was signing every other week.

Haven't seen a single solid source for this yet. Seems like they are trying to drum up interest to me.

Also don't think there's a cat in hell's chance of Ole pairing up Pogba n Fernandes either. Not in a million years. So unless Madrid cough up major cash there's no way we'll move for an AM player whilst we still have Pogba.

Replacements for Herrera and Matic definitely more important.
Why not? One of our major problem last year after Ole took over was that most teams doubled marked Pogba, and all of sudden, there was no creativity. Herrera didn't push too much forward except in a few games. Maybe replacing Herrera with Bruno will solve some of this problem we had and allow us to exploit teams marking Pogba. Matic needs to be replaced, maybe Longstaff will play this role.

Jersey Heel

At this point, you really have to admire Bale. He knows he’s not wanted. He knows he’s not going to play. Yet, he just sits there collecting that fat paycheck. He’s like an athletic George Costanza.

Lee565

Arsenal fans must find it tough. One blow after another in a summer of stasis.
How funny might it be that despite chelsea having a transfer ban, they may end up still spending more money in this window than Arsenal :lol:

Satissh12

Rafa Benitez has agreed to become the new manager of Chinese club Dalian Yifang, SSN understands. The Spaniard could be introduced as the club’s new boss as early as tomorrow, following the resignation of South Korean Choi Kang Hee today #NUFC

Teja

Oh wow, gotta feel for Rafa there. Stuck with them through relegation, got them up and playing well last season. Ashley sells and Rafa's binned.

Status
Not open for further replies.