Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
As someone who thinks Maguire is a good signing I have to admit that Diallo for £30m is a smarter one.

And it's not because Maguire is English that we are paying so much for him. It's because we waited until he had established himself as a top CB for his club and country before buying him. Leicester bought him the same week we bought Lindelof and paid half as much. He was cheap because Hull got relegated and he was intent on leaving, that creates value. Just as Dortmund signing Hummels and having too many CBs created value for PSG to buy Diallo.
Why is Diallo good value all of a sudden? Didn't he play half his games at LB as well?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
This particular loan in itself isn't a big deal but as cyberman says below there are concerning rumours about cashflow issues at Barca.

Both Real and Barca seem to be bullet-proof on this front though.
Last time there was a report which showed they have negligible debt, their revenue was 900 million last year or 700 million before that. Also all the money they spent, they sold many players too. Their wage bill is huge but lets see what more media will report on this. 35 million should be nothing imo.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Stone poured cold water on the AWB and James deals as they gathered momentum too. Wonder why it happens, selling clubs Doing a PR job, perhaps ?
Stone propagates the narrative that the club wants. There are many a small details that need to be ironed out after agreeing an initial deal and the final announcement. Clubs can't put out the line about a deal being agreed if there are still clauses to be negotiated as the selling club might feel aggrieved. In 90% of the cases whenever there comes a flurry of momentum about a deal being agreed, journos with a direct line to the club often say that nothing has been agreed it blah blah. It happens with every transfer with every major club.

settembrini

He is weak in the air. He won't be solving any problems if he play with Lindelof. We will have 2 CBs who are weak in aerial duels.

He won 53% aerial duels last season, that should put him as our worst CB when it comes to aerial duels.
I know. If we had bought Diallo he would have been great alongside Smalling. To partner Lindelof then Zagadou would have been the one to get.

roonster09

Scout
I know. If we had bought Diallo he would have been great alongside Smalling. To partner Lindelof then Zagadou would have been the one to get.
I watched him in few games and defensively Dortmund looked very shaky. Maybe I just caught their wrong games.

sparx99

Last time there was a report which showed they have negligible debt, their revenue was 900 million last year or 700 million before that. Also all the money they spent, they sold many players too. Their wage bill is huge but lets see what more media will report on this. 35 million should be nothing imo.
They’ve borrowed a lot of money for the Camp Nou redevelopment as well. €400m I thought I saw.

settembrini

Why is Diallo good value all of a sudden? Didn't he play half his games at LB as well?
He's just a very good player who plays in the position we needed to buy (left sided CB) and who was available for a good price because Dortmund had signed Hummels and needed to create space. He can play left back but he's better at CB and played there more last season and before that in his career.

It's worth noting these deals because people regularly talk about how crazy the market it and how you have to pay huge amounts to sign anyone etc but every single window players who would be good for United move clubs for reasonable fees.

roonster09

Scout
They’ve borrowed a lot of money for the Camp Nou redevelopment as well. €400m I thought I saw.
That won't be counted for FFP.

I'm not sure on that borrowed part, I checked few months back and they had very negligible debt. Did the redevelopment work started? That should explain the discrepancy.

settembrini

I watched him in few games and defensively Dortmund looked very shaky. Maybe I just caught their wrong games.
He was pants against Bayern when they got trounced 5-0 and has looked raw in some other games. Potential is sky high though, incredible athlete, good technically. Will be a monster in a couple of years I reckon.

GJNJ

He was pants against Bayern when they got trounced 5-0 and has looked raw in some other games. Potential is sky high though, incredible athlete, good technically. Will be a monster in a couple of years I reckon.
That description sounds like Tuanzebe. I'm not against these type of signings but just with the central defence I think we need someone who is currently better then the defenders we already that we can build on for the next 5 years as opposed to someone raw would might taken 2 years to improve or someone old that will be finished in 2 years and start again. Maguire is the right age and the right skill set for what we need. Just the price is uncomfortable. Finishing top 4 will make the price seem more bearable.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He's just a very good player who plays in the position we needed to buy (left sided CB) and who was available for a good price because Dortmund had signed Hummels and needed to create space. He can play left back but he's better at CB and played there more last season and before that in his career.

It's worth noting these deals because people regularly talk about how crazy the market it and how you have to pay huge amounts to sign anyone etc but every single window players who would be good for United move clubs for reasonable fees.
Fair enough, I didn't think he was that good from the little I've seen of him. I appreciate he's a left sided CB, but seems much better on the floor than anything - tackling and passing. We needed the aerial part as well.

Welbeckham

From what I saw last season, Dortmund’s defenders didn’t impress me at all. Diallo and Zagadou are still young, but neither would probably offer what we need right now.

sparx99

That won't be counted for FFP.

I'm not sure on that borrowed part, I checked few months back and they had very negligible debt. Did the redevelopment work started? That should explain the discrepancy.
Yeah, I know infrastructure spending is outside FFP. It just may explain their cash flow issues.

izec

For me, Akanji is the better talent from what i saw. Maybe Diallo playing fullback didnt help him

Suv666

I would be very happy if we get Maguire. I'm liking the way Ole is going about the window. AWB and potentially Maguire would be great signings.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
For me, Akanji is the better talent from what i saw. Maybe Diallo playing fullback didnt help him
I remember this lad at the world cup (could have been the euros) and I was seriously impressed with his skill on the ball, reminded me a bit of Terry when he walked the ball out of defence, yet looked solid as a rock when it was time to defend.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Stone poured cold water on the AWB and James deals as they gathered momentum too. Wonder why it happens, selling clubs Doing a PR job, perhaps ?
If the deal isn't officially or 100% done, many reporters will just say things like that. Could be that minor details are needed and they've been burnt on those loads of times. Stone is one of the reporters that only gives the facts he knows to be completely true as a higher source tells him, but that also means he won't exactly have breaking news on transfers.

DoomSlayer

I really hope we get this Maguire deal done as quickly as possible, Ole needs to form the base of the team and get them all pulling in the same direction.

Still can't get over the fact that our £52 million supposed top midfielder Fred is missing the tour for more than a week already, absolutely preposterous behaviour for someone who was one of the biggest flops in the PL last season.

GwilDor

See his move this summer as a similar stage of his career (not comparing the players other than that), to Tielemans move to Monaco 2 years ago. He might not be ready for a big club, like United quite yet, but might be ready next summer. At the position we are atm, lacking CL and being in a bit of turmoil to rebuild, maybe this is the kind of stage in career we need to try to attract talent now?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
See his move this summer as a similar stage of his career (not comparing the players other than that), to Tielemans move to Monaco 2 years ago. He might not be ready for a big club, like United quite yet, but might be ready next summer. At the position we are atm, lacking CL and being in a bit of turmoil to rebuild, maybe this is the kind of stage in career we need to try to attract talent now?
Closer to Genk alumni Ndidi, I reckon.

He'd do better to pick a move to a club of a similar standing to Leicester and continue his development for another two seasons.

I wouldn't be entirely against us signing him now, mind.

GwilDor

Closer to Genk alumni Ndidi, I reckon.

He'd do better to pick a move to a club of a similar standing to Leicester and continue his development for another two seasons.

I wouldn't be entirely against us signing him now, mind.
I think we agree. And for his development i think he'd do well to make a step between Genk and a top club. Something along the lines of Leicester should be a good fit. By the rumours he looks for Sevilla/Spurs. I'd think Sevilla might be a better fit than Spurs, but i think he'd struggle to turn down Spurs if they come knocking this summer.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
He was linked to Sevilla for ages but I think they've gone for other midfielders this summer. Likewise I think Spurs are going for other targets. Doesn't seem to be a great deal of interest in Berge for whatever reason, guess the injury midseason wouldn't have helped.

Funky Futurista

He was linked to Sevilla for ages but I think they've gone for other midfielders this summer. Likewise I think Spurs are going for other targets. Doesn't seem to be a great deal of interest in Berge for whatever reason, guess the injury midseason wouldn't have helped.
Yeah he's had some long term injuries the past 2 seasons which may put off a lot of potential suitors. When he's fit he's very good though. Good ball carrier, a decent passer and not afraid to get stuck in.

Pavl3n

What you mean?
It was the Simon Stone tweet regarding Maguire. It was dated from 2nd July and it was reposted yesterday. I thought I quoted the tweet - I guess I didn't.

It dried up on our end. Solskjaer and Lukaku said to expect news next week. Every time someone related to the club says to expect something - nothing happens (Zlatan with his video about some big news, Ed during his corporate meeting).

Lemansky

Sander is an superb talent, great head and a top professional. Would have him here definitely.

Handré1990

I think he’d be a better bet than Longstaff.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
It was the Simon Stone tweet regarding Maguire. It was dated from 2nd July and it was reposted yesterday. I thought I quoted the tweet - I guess I didn't.

It dried up on our end. Solskjaer and Lukaku said to expect news next week. Every time someone related to the club says to expect something - nothing happens (Zlatan with his video about some big news, Ed during his corporate meeting).
I know it was from the 2nd. It was in response to someone posting a tweet by Simon Stone yesterday saying Leicester have had no bids

Bestietom

Ole says we need a Bryan Robson type player for our midfield. Well Ndombele and Rodri have gone.
Ruiz, Partey, still available. Go for it Ole.

Toni Roncoroni

I see it also that way. Well, me being Swiss maybe helps Akanji a little bit here. I like Akanji a lot. He is a intelligent and down to earth guy who is willing to learn. He got turned inside out by Ronaldo this summer against Portugal. He came out and said that he has to learn from games like that against the greatest players. I really like that interview and his honest opinion.

That being said, every year he did a step up (three leagues in Switzerland and then Bundesliga) and I think he still needs to get used to the top level a little bit. At least defensively. As he is a big United fan he will maybe end up here in the future..

Reactions: van der star
Status
Not open for further replies.