Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

dz united

Most fans were happy to get rid of Fellaini, but now they want another version of him in Milinkovic-Savic? Makes no sense.
I hope you're joking. I am not sure where to start with this, I am somewhat speechless. Is it because SMS is tall or do you think they have a similar playing style?

Fridge chutney

Do your best.
That is bizarre if it goes through, he is way too good for that level. Would walk into more than half of the Championship....
Disagree. League one is a good league to get stuck in, develop fitness and toughness, and get used to gruelling schedules. I think it makes sense.

jesperjaap

We'll never agree on this because you don't take context into account. You want Pogba to have the same performances as those except that he's on a worse team, with bigger expectations, etc... It just never made sense to me. If you have an average performance, you can get picked up by your teammates and get the results/trophies. Fans won't view that performance as negative. What matters to me is his performance relative to his teammates and in this case Pogba is without a doubt been a top 3 player for us in his 3 seasons here. If he was not, I and many others would be in agreement with you.

I just don't think it makes sense to isolate the player and feel that the player must always have a constant performance regardless of his surroundings. Drop Pogba in to 2007/08, now he's surrounded by Tevez, Ronaldo, Rooney, Scholes, Rio, Vidic, Evra, etc... I would expect his performances to rise and even if he doesn't do well, there are so many match winners that we as fans would easily forget or not view them in as bad of a light as you would now.
Bryan Robson did it for years in sides weaker than the current one mainly as I mentioned. Paul Ince did it in a really poor West Ham Side at the time before joining us. Roy Keane without a doubt would have lifted and bossed around a lot of these players to get there backsides in gear.

I am not doubting Pogba is talented, I am not saying he has been awful, I am not disagreeing he has not had great players around him here. I am however tired of the circus and tired of the inconsistency. Performance wise whenever I have seen him even for Juventus he has never been world class, maybe I watched the wrong games but I must have seen him 15 times and he was outstanding in less than 1/4 of them and he had Pirlo and Vidal around him.

Why an earth should we be looking to build a team around him when we cant trust him to consitently perform at a the top level his talent should should allow. Of course there are far worse players we should be looking to move, also a player with as much ability as him who has been world class in SAnchez who has under performed 10x as badly, but we are talking about our record purchase, who appears to not want to be here and £145M.

Basically the reason I dont like Pogba, is to me he is a myth, he has all the physical attributes and ability to be world class but he is 26 odd now and some peopl talk of him as the best midfielder in the world, a once in a generation player, world class.......he hasnt been any of these his whole career, just a good player, yet people are saying we shouldnt accept £145m its too cheap, it really isnt, take away the media machine and its quite the opposite

Rish Sawhney

Bryan Robson did it for years in sides weaker than the current one mainly as I mentioned. Paul Ince did it in a really poor West Ham Side at the time before joining us. Roy Keane without a doubt would have lifted and bossed around a lot of these players to get there backsides in gear.

I am not doubting Pogba is talented, I am not saying he has been awful, I am not disagreeing he has not had great players around him here. I am however tired of the circus and tired of the inconsistency. Performance wise whenever I have seen him even for Juventus he has never been world class, maybe I watched the wrong games but I must have seen him 15 times and he was outstanding in less than 1/4 of them and he had Pirlo and Vidal around him.

Why an earth should we be looking to build a team around him when we cant trust him to consitently perform at a the top level his talent should should allow. Of course there are far worse players we should be looking to move, also a player with as much ability as him who has been world class in SAnchez who has under performed 10x as badly, but we are talking about our record purchase, who appears to not want to be here and £145M.

Basically the reason I dont like Pogba, is to me he is a myth, he has all the physical attributes and ability to be world class but he is 26 odd now and some peopl talk of him as the best midfielder in the world, a once in a generation player, world class.......he hasnt been any of these his whole career, just a good player, yet people are saying we shouldnt accept £145m its too cheap, it really isnt, take away the media machine and its quite the opposite
What are you talking about? We had some way worse league finishes than 6th when Bryan Robson was here. And Pogba has been performing at the top level all this time, its just that sometimes he can't pull rabbits out of the hat. When Pogba gets two people put on his, that should be the games when we have someone else step up because the rest of the team are paying a man up - yet they don't consistently do that. And yet Pogba gets the blame for not single-handedly taking on two markers.

FujiVice

What are you talking about? We had some way worse league finishes than 6th when Bryan Robson was here.
If Bryan Robson was in this side, he'd have had us challenging for the title last year. A proper captain. That fraud shouldnt be spoken in the same breath as Robbo.

Rish Sawhney

If Bryan Robson was in this side, he'd have had us challenging for the title last year. A proper captain. That fraud shouldnt be spoken in the same breath as Robbo.
I mean.. sure.. there's no arguing with something like that. And no one will ever match up to that mythic standard - not even Robson himself. He only won 2 titles in his 13 years here after all.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I mean.. sure.. there's no arguing with something like that. And no one will ever match up to that mythic standard - not even Robson himself. He only won 2 titles in his 13 years here after all.
So you would rather keep pogba than take the $145 million and reinvest it?

BulkMcHugeLarge

And if we suddenly sell Pogba for 140m and Lukaku for 70m then it wouldn't be strange to sign Dybala.
I think selling Pogba would be stupid. His price isn't going down. Swapping Lukaku for Dybala and signing James, AWB, McGuire is hardly out of character for United. Bruno as well seems like a dream but the club does spend.

RedCurry

I am starting to wonder if Dybala links picking up is the reason for briefing about Bruno not being a priority.

Would love to think you could fit both in the same team but our board wouldn't sanction that kind of move in a million years.
Stranger things have happened in football. Have some faith.

Fridge chutney

Do your best.
He must have application and or mentality issues if this is the level they are sending him to. Maybe he let it all go to his head too quick.
He didn't get much gametime at Sheffield United on loan. They might want to send him somewhere where he'll be a guaranteed starter. I think it will be good for his development. I still think league one is a pretty good option.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I am starting to wonder if Dybala links picking up is the reason for briefing about Bruno not being a priority.

Would love to think you could fit both in the same team but our board wouldn't sanction that kind of move in a million years.
You can't fit both into one team. Especially when you already have Pogba.

Ban

What are you talking about? We had some way worse league finishes than 6th when Bryan Robson was here. And Pogba has been performing at the top level all this time, its just that sometimes he can't pull rabbits out of the hat. When Pogba gets two people put on his, that should be the games when we have someone else step up because the rest of the team are paying a man up - yet they don't consistently do that. And yet Pogba gets the blame for not single-handedly taking on two markers.
You rate Pogba more than Robson?
Oh the times.

Rish Sawhney

You rate Pogba more than Robson?
Oh the times.
What? Talk about straw manning. I never compared anyone - just got a little sick of the "If Bryan Robson were here he'd have us challenging for titles" as though thats ever something that can be evaluated. It reeks of pure nostalgia tinned sentiment because we only remember the good times.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Robson was a fantastic player and a United legend, no doubt about it, but he only one the league twice, at the end of his time with United, in 13 years at the club.

Ban

Robson was a fantastic player and a United legend, no doubt about it, but he only one the league twice, at the end of his time with United, in 13 years at the club.
Point about him and Pogba still stand. I'm not saying Pogba is a fraud but he shouldn't be compared to a legendary captain.

lysglimt

Scout
So you would rather keep pogba than take the $145 million and reinvest it?
If OGS is convinced Pogba is going to be a professional (which I think he will) - I would tell Pogba: Stay with us for one more season and we will accept you leaving for £120 million next season or something like that. There is noone that can replace a determined Pogba - noone.

lysglimt

Scout
Yeah and why did he win the League twice ? Because he was in a team with a bunch of average players, playing against perhaps the best side in the World. There were seasons when Robson almost single-handedly kept us near the top of the table.

He scored goals, he could pass, he worked his socks off defensively…..he was the best midfielder in my time at United. Better than Scholes and better than Keane. Robson winning the League was probably the most deserved medal ever handed out in English football.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Maybe if he spends 13 years at United, you will change your mind, but not yet, no.
Still wouldn't come close. Pogba isn't consistent enough. Never has been yet his fanboys think he's the best midfielder in the world. Hate to break the new but the massive club have 3 better midfielders just down the road.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

PAUL POGBA ... He's a new player of the
@RealMadrid
arrives at the merengue club at the rate of 165M which are divided into 130M + 35M in variables. It arrives in condition of TOP player and salary of 12M per year. Clubs will be official soon.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

@RealMadrid
arrives at the merengue club at the rate of 165M which are divided into 130M + 35M in variables. It arrives in condition of TOP player and salary of 12M per year. Clubs will be official soon.
Feeeckkk

NJM78

@RealMadrid

if true it better be Pounds and not Euros.

Giggsyking

@RealMadrid
I am starting to dislike the name Jose.

M4YON

@RealMadrid
Who the feck is this guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.