Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
What a stupid viewpoint. What happens if Martial is fine, but Rashford does his ACL a day after Sanchez completes the loan move?

Our squad is paper thin and Sanchez shouldn’t be going anywhere without a replacement coming in.

I want him gone as much as anyone, but that needs to wait until January now. Our ridiculous transfer policy this summer has completely fecked us.

Member 90887

What a stupid viewpoint. What happens if Martial is fine, but Rashford does his ACL a day after Sanchez completes the loan move?

Our squad is paper thin and Sanchez shouldn’t be going anywhere without a replacement coming in.

I want him gone as much as anyone, but that needs to wait until January now. Our ridiculous transfer policy this summer has completely fecked us.
Completely agree with this. Selling Sanchez at this point would be the dumbest move of the summer... Especially if it's a loan where we pay a part of his salary.

RedPed

Whatabouter.

prateik

Before you start posting rubbish like this, it might just help to have a little reminder from 20 months ago...

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/alexis-sanchez-done-deal.435324/

Revisionism is such a convenient tool when it suits.
No one expected him to be this shit.. but as a general rule, we shouldnt be breaking the wage structure to the extent we supposedly did at any cost.

Signing Sanchez = Great (at that time)
Signing Sanchez at any cost = Never a good idea.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
No one expected him to be this shit.. but as a general rule, we shouldnt be breaking the wage structure to the extent we supposedly did at any cost.

Signing Sanchez = Great (at that time)
Signing Sanchez at any cost = Never a good idea.
If we had paid £60m for him, he would not have been on the salary he is now. People need to bear that in mind. Players are moving on frees more frequently now to maximise their earning potential. No way is Aaron Ramsey worth the salary he is on at Juventus but they didn't have to pay anything for him so of course they could pay him more in wages. You're going to see more of this. Other players are not stupid and they will understand this also. So talking of unsettling dressing rooms is ridiculous.

People have to stop going on about Sanchez's wages. It's irrelevant.

Eriksen and Alderweireld will be next possibly so we shall see.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Salary is only irrelevant if someone else is prepared to match it in order to sign him. I suspect no one else will therefore it is relevant

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If we had paid £60m for him, he would not have been on the salary he is now. People need to bear that in mind. Players are moving on frees more frequently now to maximise their earning potential. No way is Aaron Ramsey worth the salary he is on at Juventus but they didn't have to pay anything for him so of course they could pay him more in wages. You're going to see more of this. Other players are not stupid and they will understand this also. So talking of unsettling dressing rooms is ridiculous.

People have to stop going on about Sanchez's wages. It's irrelevant.

Eriksen and Alderweireld will be next possibly so we shall see.
Just to remember, he wasn't actually a free, bearing in mind we gave Mhky away who was somewhere in the 30ms.

So we did "Pay", on top of the transfer fee.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Hindsight is a beautiful thing pal but all things considered I stand by my updated view
Yeah ok. I'm sure you were gushing over Sanchez when he signed like probably 99% of the Manchester United population. But that's your view. I'm just saying that to say it was a bad decision from the start is absurd!

Salary is only irrelevant if someone else is prepared to match it in order to sign him. I suspect no one else will therefore it is relevant
Who do you think will pay the salaries for Rojo, Smalling, Jones, Darmian etc.? Why do you think Fellaini and Herrera went to China and PSG respectively? This is not just a Sanchez-unique situation. United have spent more on Fred than they have on Sanchez and Sanchez has been with us 6 months longer. So in the grand scheme of things it's not as if he is bankrupting the club.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Just to remember, he wasn't actually a free, bearing in mind we gave Mhky away who was somewhere in the 30ms.

So we did "Pay", on top of the transfer fee.
...and we're not paying Mkhi's £200K per week anymore either.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Yeah ok. I'm sure you were gushing over Sanchez when he signed like probably 99% of the Manchester United population. But that's your view. I'm just saying that to say it was a bad decision from the start is absurd!

Who do you think will pay the salaries for Rojo, Smalling, Jones, Darmian etc.? Why do you think Fellaini and Herrera went to China and PSG respectively? This is not just a Sanchez-unique situation. United have spent more on Fred than they have on Sanchez and Sanchez has been with us 6 months longer. So in the grand scheme of things it's not as if he is bankrupting the club.
Smalling and jones would easily be sold in the English market IF they were available.
Rojo - would have gone to Everton if united allowed it.

Sanchez supposedly is on 400-500k per week. Not many teams are going to break their wage structures to meet even halfway. It was a crazy deal financially speaking in terms of ROI if it didn’t work out. Not saying he wasn’t a good player, he just hasn’t shown it at United which also decreases the chances of someone taking a punt on him at that salary

Suedesi

Sanchez didn't come on a free - he came on a swap for Mkhitaryan. If Dybala-Lukaku went through would you consider Dybala on a free, or a EUR 75mm player?

EDIT: On top of the 35million TRANSFER FEE, Sanchez is also costing 25million a year in wages, so he's cost us about 70-75 million quid so far. More than Fred's total outlay.

Last edited:

I Am Zlatan

Before you start posting rubbish like this, it might just help to have a little reminder from 20 months ago...

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/alexis-sanchez-done-deal.435324/

Revisionism is such a convenient tool when it suits.

At the time it looked like a great signing, and I’m sure some were against it, and proved to be correct, but if people predicted everything right, then they wouldn’t be here posting in a Manchester United forum...

dev1l

Sanchez didn't come on a free - he came on a swap for Mkhitaryan. If Dybala-Lukaku went through would you consider Dybala on a free, or a EUR 75mm player?

On top of the 35million TRANSFER FEE, Sanchez is also costing 6million a year in wages, so he's cost us about 50 million quid so far. Just about Fred's transfer fee.
Only 6 million in wages?
Better check those figures out first...

finneh

We should have structured the deal completely differently. We should have paid him a £20m signing on fee in recognition of his contract situation and put him on a £250k weekly salary far more in line with his ability at the time.

We'd have far less on an issue getting rid of him and we wouldn't have several players asking for far more money on the basis that our wage limit has increased 40%.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We should have structured the deal completely differently. We should have paid him a £20m signing on fee in recognition of his contract situation and put him on a £250k weekly salary far more in line with his ability at the time.

We'd have far less on an issue getting rid of him and we wouldn't have several players asking for far more money on the basis that our wage limit has increased 40%.
He's averaging £24m a year, over 4.5 years. That's £108m total. If you wanted to put him on £250k a week he'd have cost you £50m in signing bonus...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Btw, people seem to forget if he were willing to wait an extra 6 months and walk on a free city would have paid him even more than that

finneh

He's averaging £24m a year, over 4.5 years. That's £108m total. If you wanted to put him on £250k a week he'd have cost you £50m in signing bonus...
I thought it was £18m in truth which would be £25m. I also think paying the salary front loaded as a sign on fee would save you money in the overall cost. I'd hazard a guess that many players/agents would see a £20m signing on fee as superior to an extra £105k a week for 4.5 years (despite the latter being more overall). Mostly because weekly salary has an opportunity cost in terms of future transfers.

However even if the sign on fee were £35m and the wages were slightly higher the same would apply. Would we have sold Mkhitaryan for £30m and bought Sanchez for £65m (I'd argue yes), therefore a £35m sign on fee wouldn't be outrageous.

dev1l

Btw, people seem to forget if he were willing to wait an extra 6 months and walk on a free city would have paid him even more than that
Tbf, any transfer involve some kind of risk. It could be anything.
The worrying aspect about our transfer strategies is that we had too much of these over a span of 5 years.
Even Fergie used to have miss hits but he also had terrific signings which made up for the failed ones

Suedesi

Only 6 million in wages?
Better check those figures out first...
Sorry, wtf was I thinking. it's, 500k a week, not a month. I had brainfart when dealing with such obscene numbers.

so he's cost us ~30- 40m quid in salary (depending on which reports you believe in) and 35m in transfers. Amazing.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
feck it, let's sell Matic and Fred, having a midfield is overrated anyway.

And if it comes to it, we can always stick Jones in there.

Fridge chutney

This is actually really big news. What will happen to all these players if Bolton and Bury get liquidated? A sad day potentially for fans and staff.

lysglimt

Scout
This is actually really big news. What will happen to all these players if Bolton and Bury get liquidated? A sad day potentially for fans and staff.

Well Bolton hardly have any players - but for Bury it could be a problem yeah

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout

Would be extremely crap for the players if it all collapse and they can't move to a new team in England because the transfer window is closed. Basically haven't been paid, and then can't get new work until January.

Giggsyking

Would be extremely crap for the players if it all collapse and they can't move to a new team in England because the transfer window is closed. Basically haven't been paid, and then can't get new work until January.
they will be free agents I think and can sign to any club at any moment.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
they will be free agents I think and can sign to any club at any moment.
But you can't register them, so effectively a club would have to be happy to pay their wages until January, without them being able to play. At least that is my understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.