Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matteh

But you can't register them, so effectively a club would have to be happy to pay their wages until January, without them being able to play. At least that is my understanding.
I think the free agent window is Sept 2nd and you are able to register free agents until then, however:

"However, clubs can still sign free agents throughout the course of the year even if they miss the deadline, as long as they were not registered to another team at the start of the season."

I don't think Bolton/Bury players would be able to be signed due to the above rule.

MadMike

So if this is to be believed, Inter only want to pay €10m in total and without an obligation to buy.

For a meagre €10m saving, I'd much rather keep Sanchez as an option considering how light we are in attack as is. Also, feck Inter.

Member 90887

So if this is to be believed, Inter only want to pay €10m in total and without an obligation to buy.

For a meagre €10m saving, I'd much rather keep Sanchez as an option considering how light we are in attack as is. Also, feck Inter.
It's really a lose lose situation for us.

If he has a good season and convince them to buy him, we will only get 15 mil for him. if he has a shit season and doesn't improve, we would have paid a player for a year without using him.

wr8_utd

:'(
Lots of rumors doing the rounds that Neymar to Barcelona is on the verge of being announced now.

NWRed

It's really a lose lose situation for us.

If he has a good season and convince them to buy him, we will only get 15 mil for him. if he has a shit season and doesn't improve, we would have paid a player for a year without using him.
Totally disagree, it's a win win for us.

If he does well then they'll sign him, we get an ineffective (in the PL) player off our books along with his wages, if he doesn't do well then at least we reduced our wage bill for 10 months.

Sterling Archer

Lots of rumors doing the rounds that Neymar to Barcelona is on the verge of being announced now.
Messi - Griezman - Suarez - Neymar - Dembele

Martial - Rashford - Greenwood - Dan James

I think we're a bit light up front, and not just because Lukaku left :lol::(

dev1l

According to DiMarzio United will pay Sanchez 7million net of taxes (I assume that s around 10 million).
Not sure if we ll get also a loan fee (3-5 million)

R'hllor

I am not surprised about amount Fio is ready to play, in last 6 years, our biggest achievement is for our players not to drop in their value to much. Only in our dreams we can pull something like Coutinho, we are not able to improve players we buy.

Suedesi

Who is this bloke? Can’t tell if sarcasm...
Sorry, it was sarcasm. Typical Woodward PR stunt after a defeat, hiring somebody in a trivial position and dressing it up as a significant. Now that Andrew has been hired from St Pauli, we are ready to compete with City and Liverpool.

Alabaster Codify7

The difference in quality :(

Take out Neymar and add in Lukaku and Sanchez for us.

It's still like comparing Man United's forward options to those of Newcastle United or Watford, isn't it? The gap is literally that big between the real big clubs and us, nowadays.

Alabaster Codify7

Sorry, it was sarcasm. Typical Woodward PR stunt after a defeat, hiring somebody in a trivial position and dressing it up as a significant. Now that Andrew has been hired from St Pauli, we are ready to compete with City and Liverpool.

Yeah this is how I read it too. Who cares about Analysis Operations? That's more of a board-room/business element of the club anyway, so nothing for fans to actually be positive about - just another helper for the Glazers and Ed. But the title sounds authoritative doesnt it, so to some in a newspaper headline it might have that 'changes are afoot' vibe.....

Spark

Yeah to be honest feel like an idiot for not assuming it was sarcasm. Imagine anyone knowing who the analyst from Pauli actually is.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!

We are so incredibly thin in attack, can't believe we're letting him go on loan. Incredibly poor management from the club and manager.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes

We are so incredibly thin in attack, can't believe we're letting him go on loan. Incredibly poor management from the club and manager.
Incredibly stupid of us. If he was getting loaned out, it should have been done 6 weeks ago and brought somebody else in.

joedirt87

I wanted Ole to to focus solely on the prem with his first team and use cup games solely for rotation to keep legs as fresh as possible. now he might have to do it just to avoid our first teamers going down like flies.

Status
Not open for further replies.