Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

fps

I wanted Ole to to focus solely on the prem with his first team and use cup games solely for rotation to keep legs as fresh as possible. now he might have to do it just to avoid our first teamers going down like flies.
When was Sanchez going to play, and what was the point of him playing? This way another spot is open for Greenwood, Gomes, Chong, to play in cup games or Europa League.

joedirt87

When was Sanchez going to play, and what was the point of him playing? This way another spot is open for Greenwood, Gomes, Chong, to play in cup games or Europa League.
if Martial and Rashford were injured. that's about it.

edcunited1878

How many other Premier League teams have sold or loaned their players since the start of the league 3 weeks ago? Can't wait to hear what Ole will be saying about this during his press conference for Soton.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
What a shit and stupid deal by us. Give him a chance and then loan him in january if that doesn't work

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Pretty good deal for Inter if Alexis can be bothered, i'm sure he'll find some form in Serie A.

Josep Dowling

The management of this club is absolutely laughable. Martial is potentially injured leaving us with Rashford and Greenwood as our sole strikers. And Rashford was one of our LW options as well.

Then we give away Sanchez on loan whilst still paying a massive chunk of his wages? I just don’t get it.

Maybe sell Rojo to Everton as we didn’t need him, that would have recouped the same amount of money.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Pretty good deal for Inter if Alexis can be bothered, i'm sure he'll find some form in Serie A.
When has he 'not been bothered'?? No one can say he never tried whilst on the pitch. We should have tried him until January. I'm glad that we can look at it again next year anyway.

Pavl3n

Sweet.
That makes Fellaini, Valencia, Sanchez, Lukaku and Hererra gone. Rojo, Darmian, Matic, Lingard, Mata and Jones left. Young will surely leave at the end of this season.

I can see Rojo leaving by the end of this transfer window and may be (although probably not) Darmian. He'll most likely leave on free when his contract is up.

Team is thin, but playing good. Plenty of game time for the kids in the cup games and the Europa league.
Next summer we'll see Matic leave and one of the above mentioned will be pushed towards the exit door too.

Board is taking action on trimming the squad and now we will have to play with the kids. :drool:

There are plenty of players that were not supposed to be part of the team. Some are already gone and some will go too. The way we are letting players go should signal to those that are left that you either up your game or it's out of the club regardless the cost.
I see a glimmering light at the end of the tunnel.

SaintMuppet

Sweet.
That makes Fellaini, Valencia, Sanchez, Lukaku and Hererra gone. Rojo, Darmian, Matic, Lingard, Mata and Jones left. Young will surely leave at the end of this season.

I can see Rojo leaving by the end of this transfer window and may be (although probably not) Darmian. He'll most likely leave on free when his contract is up.

Team is thin, but playing good. Plenty of game time for the kids in the cup games and the Europa league.
Next summer we'll see Matic leave and one of the above mentioned will be pushed towards the exit door too.

Board is taking action on trimming the squad and now we will have to play with the kids. :drool:

There are plenty of players that were not supposed to be part of the team. Some are already gone and some will go too. The way we are letting players go should signal to those that are left that you either up your game or it's out of the club regardless the cost.
This is all lovely and cuddly but who are we replacing these guys with?

Inexperienced kids?

This is a cost cutting exercise and has nothing to do with the well being if the team.

We are 3 or 4 injuries from total disaster.

GG

Redcy

Sweet.

Except we're not playing the kids are we?

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
The management of this club is absolutely laughable. Martial is potentially injured leaving us with Rashford and Greenwood as our sole strikers. And Rashford was one of our LW options as well.

Then we give away Sanchez on loan whilst still paying a massive chunk of his wages? I just don’t get it.

Maybe sell Rojo to Everton as we didn’t need him, that would have recouped the same amount of money.
How do you know United don't have some sort of recall clause in case of injury, then it would seem quite clever, send him off where he gets good game time and possibly refinds form, then you bring back a fitter better player.

This is all lovely and cuddly but who are we replacing these guys with?

Inexperienced kids?

This is a cost cutting exercise and has nothing to do with the well being if the team.

We are 3 or 4 injuries from total disaster.

GG
The Glazers are not owners I envy at all, but they just can't win at the moment. Last season was get rid of the deadwood give the kids chance, this season it's inexperienced kids, tight fisted bastards those Glazers.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Except we're not playing the kids are we?
Wait for the season to start properly after the international break. I think once the league cup and the Europa league get going and you're playing twice a week, you'll see alot more of the younger players

Sterling Archer

Moving past the debate of whether or not we should be sending him out, if we've decided to go forward with it then how is there no option to buy? We're going to wind up spending valuable time next transfer window wasted trying to loan him elsewhere or sell him on.

NJM78

We are going to end up a mess this season. I can see it. Sanchez going is what most people wanted but the severe lack of depth/talent is worrying to be fair. Pogba getting injured is my biggest worry because then our midfield will go from ok to borderline shocking over night.

You just know v Southampton, Greenwood will not replace Martial if indeed injured. Instead Mata will come in and James will move to the left, Rashford up top and Lingard in the 10 position doing what he does best.

Let's hope we draw some absolute whipping boys in the League cup and Europa to give the youth a chance of playing a few games at least before they get thrown straight in due to necessity and not good planning.

Steve Bruce

Moving past the debate of whether or not we should be sending him out, if we've decided to go forward with it then how is there no option to buy? We're going to wind up spending valuable time next transfer window wasted trying to loan him elsewhere or sell him on.
If he has a great time on loan it could help united get the best deal.

If he's rubbish well, we'll be stuck with him

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
See those numbers (£~16m wages per season, we'll now pay £6m rather than the full ~£16m) to me make this an understandable deal to do. I mean he is on really stupid money, so saving nearly £10m on his costs by loaning him out when we very likely can't keep him happy is a reasonable thing to do. It is bold, no question, considering the lack of experience of the rest of our attackers, but understandable given his form for us and the silly money it costs us to keep him here.

Bestietom

I don't agree with loaning Sanchez out now, I would have preferred to wait until January, when maybe he can be replaced. We need all the bodies we have in the forward line, until we can bring in a replacement for Lukaku.
WE MUST find replacements for Lukaku and Herrera in January. We are very thin in these areas and if we get injuries to our top players, we are in big trouble.

Treble

Ole's got big balls. Let's hope our main forwards will stay injury free.

fps

He really does. Small squad now, as Van Gaal had with room for the youngsters to come in if needed.

Shame 10 and right wing have no-one of proven quality, but perhaps there will be some pleasant surprises as the season goes on.

ArjenIsM3

If Martial is injured we have a problem there already.
He really does. Small squad now, as Van Gaal had with room for the youngsters to come in if needed.

Shame 10 and right wing have no-one of proven quality, but perhaps there will be some pleasant surprises as the season goes on.
Big balls just because he doesn't want Llorente? :lol: He wanted Mandzukic or Dybala to replace Lukaku, Ed didn't give him that so now Ole is saying feck it I'd rather give our youth a chance than sign some shite out of contract striker that couldn't cut it at Tottenham and won't fit our system anyway. If anyone half-decent was available who would fit our system I'm sure we would be all over him but there's not.

fps

Big balls just because he doesn't want Llorente? :lol: He wanted Mandzukic or Dybala to replace Lukaku, Ed didn't give him that so now Ole is saying feck it I'd rather give our youth a chance than sign some shite out of contract striker that couldn't cut it at Tottenham and won't fit our system anyway. If anyone half-decent was available who would fit our system I'm sure we would be all over him but there's not.
No, clearly what we're all referring to is the decision to get Sanchez out of the club. While I think he would have been happy to sign Dybala, I didn't see real interest in Mandzukic, that seemed more like agent and press talk. He was never seriously interested in Llorente, clearly, because if he was that deal would have been done.

ArjenIsM3

No, clearly what we're all referring to is the decision to get Sanchez out of the club. While I think he would have been happy to sign Dybala, I didn't see real interest in Mandzukic, that seemed more like agent and press talk. He was never seriously interested in Llorente, clearly, because if he was that deal would have been done.
Ah yes, but then Alexis isn't a striker but a past it LW who hasn't played a single good game for us and is possibly the worst signing in the history of the game so I fail to see why getting rid of him would require big balls.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He will have to give Greenwood a chance now. So no pressure son.

fps

He will have to give Greenwood a chance now. So no pressure son.
Yes and Gomes too I'd imagine. He clearly wants all the players who he sees as part of the project to feel there's a first team shirt there for them if they stand up and take it. I'm not sure why Lingard's still in the team, mind, if that's the approach - he needs goals and assists.

fps

Ah yes, but then Alexis isn't a striker but a past it LW who hasn't played a single good game for us and is possibly the worst signing in the history of the game so I fail to see why getting rid of him would require big balls.
He played as a striker at the Copa and did pretty well, many see him having no future at the top level except as a striker.

Treble

Imagine that both Martial and Rashford are not available for a PL game, especially a game against top 6. So, we play Arsenal, they field Auba, Pepe and possibly Lacazette. We counter them with James, Mason and Lingard? Those 3 wouldn't scare Palace, let alone better teams. Alexis was a terrible signing but he can still perform in some games. Remember City away in April 2018?

Status
Not open for further replies.