Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This chap will be a absolute steal for any club that manages to sign him.

laughtersassassin

If we don't sign in Jan we are an absolute joke. Ole needs to be putting the pressure on! The squad isn't good enough and the first half of the season showed what one injury in attack does to us.

And or midfield is paper thin.

Repeat that and your just stupid.

Also can't be waiting till summer to spend as we will very likely need to buy 3 players to strengthen and then a midfielder or two on top of that assuming Pogba leaves and let's be honest we won't do that. So the only solution is buy in Jan or else we are just accepting another season with no expectations

Champagne Football

I see the Longstaff talk has started again with some fans. I pray like last window it doesn't happen and in any other subsequent window to boot.
Was too early to write off a young talent who has shown insane promise last season. Foden can't get a game at City. Doesn't mean he's crap

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
This was a good exchange

I do hope we buy James Maddison in the Summer.

GBBQ

If we don't sign in Jan we are an absolute joke. Ole needs to be putting the pressure on! The squad isn't good enough and the first half of the season showed what one injury in attack does to us.
The usual not buying in Jan stories are starting to emerge unsurprisingly
It would be hugely reckless not to invest in the team in January because our squad is paper thin at the moment but at the same time we're showing signs of getting our act together and the right investment could have us back in contention for the top 4. I am hoping these are just briefings from Ed so we're not going to get screwed over in negotiations.

The only issue might be that Ole is sure about his vision for United players, players who are committed and will settle quickly. If they are not available in January then maybe he doesn't want to bring in another journeyman out for a payday.

Personally I think we have set the bar so low that even just getting in a good level of player who is committed would be no load to carry in the long run.

Alabaster Codify7

The usual not buying in Jan stories are starting to emerge unsurprisingly
Shock,horror! We won a couple of big games, morale is high again, no injection of positivity is needed.

Season ticket renewal time is the finish line remember. If we get there with just enough positivity around the club to convince the gullible, Ole will have another 70m maximum to spend in the summer.....the Same as 2019 and 2018.

FujiVice

Kante moved from league title winning Leicester to Chelsea when they had no Champions League football. Maddison aint turning down United.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Kante moved from league title winning Leicester to Chelsea when they had no Champions League football. Maddison aint turning down United.
Conversely, Vardy stayed put with interest from Arsenal and Liverpool. Every player has a different motivation.

Rish Sawhney

Conversely, Vardy stayed put with interest from Arsenal and Liverpool. Every player has a different motivation.
True but Vardy was 29 and content to be a Leicester legend than go to a giant club and be competing for his place (and I don't blame him for that at all, it was the right decision). Maddison is still young.

enurs

How about Hee Chan Hwang as our new nr 10? He can play all the rolls on top. His also hard working, fantastic control and also a goal scorer.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Vardy was 29 and it was Arsenal. A club showing no ambition and now consistently lives outside the Champions League.

NewGlory

Ugh! If this guy ends up being next Mo Salah for them we should fire our recruiting department... actually why don't we fire them anyway, like proactively? Don't think they are doing any good as it is.

CM

That is a ridiculously low price. I imagine if we were in for him (which I wouldn't mind at all) that the price would be a lot higher. They are basically giving him away...
Supposedly a release clause

Alabaster Codify7

That is a ridiculously low price. I imagine if we were in for him (which I wouldn't mind at all) that the price would be a lot higher. They are basically giving him away...
Where's this myth come from then? Seriously now. 10-5yrs ago yes. City were quoted the Same for Maguire (initial price) and walked. You don't think they'd have got him for 80m. We could've got Mane for the same Liverpool did. What did Chelsea get Pulisic for? 60m? Show me a source where we were interested for more? I fact give me the same regarding Mahrez?

This United tax thing is another myth peddled by the board that wants fans to think we're being ripped off and that excuses us

We are no longer the wealthiest club out there. Face it. So we're not seen as an easy mugoff anymore financially and if we are, it's through bad negotiation.

RedPed

Whatabouter.

And or midfield is paper thin.

Repeat that and your just stupid.

Also can't be waiting till summer to spend as we will very likely need to buy 3 players to strengthen and then a midfielder or two on top of that assuming Pogba leaves and let's be honest we won't do that. So the only solution is buy in Jan or else we are just accepting another season with no expectations
Somebody tell me it's just the 12th Dec and we're not in January yet?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Ugh! If this guy ends up being next Mo Salah for them we should fire our recruiting department... actually why don't we fire them anyway, like proactively? Don't think they are doing any good as it is.
Did you want us to sign him two days ago?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Is this journalist credible? I'd have thought we would be better placed than Dortmund given he's born in England, has a seemingly good relationship already with Ole, will get just as much playing time and higher wages.

But you never know under Raiola where the feck players will end up, I wouldn't be surprised if he's a Juventus or PSG player after all this :lol:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Is this journalist credible? I'd have thought we would be better placed than Dortmund given he's born in England, has a seemingly good relationship already with Ole, will get just as much playing time and higher wages.

But you never know under Raiola where the feck players will end up, I wouldn't be surprised if he's a Juventus or PSG player after all this :lol:
If the Journo in question is the one that worked for the Sun, then I would have doubts about this story.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Where's this myth come from then? Seriously now. 10-5yrs ago yes. City were quoted the Same for Maguire (initial price) and walked. You don't think they'd have got him for 80m. We could've got Mane for the same Liverpool did. What did Chelsea get Pulisic for? 60m? Show me a source where we were interested for more? I fact give me the same regarding Mahrez?

This United tax thing is another myth peddled by the board that wants fans to think we're being ripped off and that excuses us

We are no longer the wealthiest club out there. Face it. So we're not seen as an easy mugoff anymore financially and if we are, it's through bad negotiation.
Why are you so angry? Are you seriously going to try and tell me that we don't pay over the top for players? Give your head a shake...

laughtersassassin

Somebody tell me it's just the 12th Dec and we're not in January yet?
Very good mate you know how a calendar works.

As you know it's best to have this business being done or close to done before Jan. Otherwise the excuses come out the woodwork is all.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Very good mate you know how a calendar works.

As you know it's best to have this business being done or close to done before Jan. Otherwise the excuses come out the woodwork is all.
Being unable to sign the best players mid January is not an ‘excuse’. Think people should bear that in mind before their inevitable tantrums next month. Half this forum are convinced Pogba will leave, but in their hypocrisy, follow on with ‘but we won’t sell him in January’. Yet other teams should sell us their best ones. And have the deals done in December no less.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The excuses have been coming out for the past 2-3 weeks, probably longer from both Ed and Ole.
Are you sat in your house, honestly believing, that Ed Woodward and Ole Solskjaer don’t want to improve the Manchester United team? That it’s just something us bright sparks have considered, while we languish outside the top 4 no less?

pascell

Are you sat in your house, honestly believing, that Ed Woodward and Ole Solskjaer don’t want to improve the Manchester United team? That it’s just something us bright sparks have considered, while we languish outside the top 4 no less?
I'm led in bed thanks for your concern mate. Did I say they don't want to improve the team or did you just not read the person who I quoted and the person they replied to? I'm going to go with neither happening.

They were talking about obtaining targets in January and if this isnt achieved then excuses would be made. Those excuses have already been made in the media by both Ole and Woodward, regarding how hard it is to buy the targets we want for the right amount. Those were the same excuses made last year and the year before, it's like clockwork with Ed.

Of course I want what's best for the team and want us to improve like everyone else. But I'm not getting my hopes up on us buying what we need to in January, as those are the same players we needed to bring in last summer and failed to do so.

NewGlory

if we get two of those our chances for top 4 are not bad at all! Haaland is the only realistic one for January window, though? Would still go a long way in being able to rest Rashford and help with the end-of-season exhaustion

Dont believe we can sign Sancho in January, if at all

Status
Not open for further replies.