Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
if we get two of those our chances for top 4 are not bad at all! Haaland is the only realistic one for January window, though? Would still go a long way in being able to rest Rashford and help with the end-of-season exhaustion

Dont believe we can sign Sancho in January, if at all
Sancho and Maddison would be summer targets.

nainaisson

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I'm led in bed thanks for your concern mate. Did I say they don't want to improve the team or did you just not read the person who I quoted and the person they replied to? I'm going to go with neither happening.

They were talking about obtaining targets in January and if this isnt achieved then excuses would be made. Those excuses have already been made in the media by both Ole and Woodward, regarding how hard it is to buy the targets we want for the right amount. Those were the same excuses made last year and the year before, it's like clockwork with Ed.

Of course I want what's best for the team and want us to improve like everyone else. But I'm not getting my hopes up on us buying what we need to in January, as those are the same players we needed to bring in last summer and failed to do so.
The point is, the childish dismissal of everything as ‘excuses’ is ridiculous. The club want to strengthen the team, so let’s stop this bs on here about the club ‘lying’ or ‘pretending’ that is the case. If we can’t get who we want in January, then that’s because the market dictates such. It’s not an ‘excuse’ to be unable to add top players in January.

Alabaster Codify7

Why are you so angry? Are you seriously going to try and tell me that we don't pay over the top for players? Give your head a shake...
No I'm trying to tell that pretty much every big club out there overpays for players nowadays.

The market is just ridiculous now.

pascell

The point is, the childish dismissal of everything as ‘excuses’ is ridiculous. The club want to strengthen the team, so let’s stop this bs on here about the club ‘lying’ or ‘pretending’ that is the case. If we can’t get who we want in January, then that’s because the market dictates such. It’s not an ‘excuse’ to be unable to add top players in January.
When you're Chief Executive states 'we can do things in the transfer market only others can dream of' I expect us to put our money where our mouth is and back the manager. If he then fails to do so and then feeds to the media a narrative about players not available, inflation of fee etc just makes Woodward look ridiculous.

I haven't said they're 'lying' or 'pretending' I just personally don't think the Glazers want to spend as much as they used to, without getting rid of wages and creating transfer fees ourselves through sales, hence our small transfer net spend of the past two summers. But it isn't just January where I hear the same things from Woodward, it was last summer and the summer before also, that's why I don't think signings will be made in January.

RUCK4444

Feck' I know it won't happen, but Haaland, Sancho and Maddison would transform this team. We would have such a young talented squad.

Even if it didn't work out with Ole over the long term (hopefully it does!!) the team would be perfect for a new manager to take over.

ROFLUTION

Feck' I know it won't happen, but Haaland, Sancho and Maddison would transform this team. We would have such a young talented squad.

Even if it didn't work out with Ole over the long term (hopefully it does!!) the team would be perfect for a new manager to take over.
but would we spend about 250 million on them combined? I somehow doubt it

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I'm confident Halaand will be on the move in January but whether it'll be us signing him is certainly up for debate.

Last edited:

NJM78

I don’t think we will sign anyone significant in January and I don’t think we will sign the required players in the summer either especially if, as I believe, we once again have no CL to offer...But that’s just me!

MDFC Manager

Ideally we'd still need a midfielder, potentially 2 if Pogba leaves.

RedDevilRoshi

Is this guy reliable or just an attention seeking bull-shitter?

That just looks too good to be true. Haaland looks the only one that could happen in January but Sancho & Maddison will most likely be summer targets.

Alabaster Codify7

If there's truth in this, man, would I kill to take Haaland in January. The other two in the summer, when Pogba leaves.

If there's truth to the rumours, I reckon we'd add Haaland as an additional goal-threat to try and edge our way to the top 4 this season as the goal. Then replace Pogba with Maddison + 1 (probably a CDM) and Sancho as the RW in the summer.

That'd be perfect, anyway. We'll see I suppose.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The only midfielder I’d be happy to lose Pogba for is Odegaard. Well, and Kevin at City. Other than that, not in a hurry to replace a player with a player who is not as good as him unless we absolutely have to.

TrebleFan99

The only midfielder I’d be happy to lose Pogba for is Odegaard. Well, and Kevin at City. Other than that, not in a hurry to replace a player with a player who is not as good as him unless we absolutely have to.

Are you implying that Odegaard is as good as Pogba?! Odegaard can’t get into the squad at Madrid. Come on. Comparisons to KDB and Pogba are so over the top it’s outrageous.

Last edited:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Are you implying that Odegaard is as good as Pogba?! Odegaard can’t get into the squad at Madrid. Come on. Comparisons to KDB and Pogba are so over the top it’s outrageous.
I’m implying that he has the ability to reach, and possibly surpass Pogba as a player. The likes of Maddison are not same level of individual brilliance for me.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I’m implying that he has the ability to reach, and possibly surpass Pogba as a player. The likes of Maddison are not same level of individual brilliance for me.
Would Maddison be a better fit than Pogba in Ole's 4-2-3-1 formation? I think he would tbh.

Pogba also wants a new challenge in his own words so maybe it's for the best we part ways and bring someone in who wants to be at the club. And I'm saying this as a big pogba fan.

Madzik_92

Would Maddison be a better fit than Pogba in Ole's 4-2-3-1 formation? I think he would tbh.

Pogba also wants a new challenge in his own words so maybe it's for the best we part ways and bring someone in who wants to be at the club. And I'm saying this as a big pogba fan.
Who do you think United will sign on January?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Who do you think United will sign on January?
I don't know about January but have been told by someone closely associated with the club that the club is expecting to sign Jadon Sancho in the summer and are quietly confident about the deal going through.

Alabaster Codify7

This Todibo thing. Does anyone else get a very 'non football' vibe about it? I have no idea how or what, but money laundering of some kind pops into my head because they've literally just signed him right? And he's highly touted? Why on earth would they be looking to shift him immediately and for such a tiny fee?

Tarrou

This Todibo thing. Does anyone else get a very 'non football' vibe about it? I have no idea how or what, but money laundering of some kind pops into my head because they've literally just signed him right? And he's highly touted? Why on earth would they be looking to shift him immediately and for such a tiny fee?
so you're saying that Barca is some kind of front for a criminal organisation?

they paid Toulouse a suitcase full of cash or how would it work exactly?

Classical Mechanic

They paid peanuts for him so the mark up would be massive.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
They signed him on a free (I assume some compensation as he was under 23?) so the mark-up is relatively high. You can almost be certain the deal will be riddled with clauses; either high sell-ons or low buy-backs.

Also, Barcelona, dodgy deals? This summer gone they did this (Don't want to post the tweet as it will embed):

"Barcelona will pay Valencia an amount of money before June 30 for goalkeeper Neto to balance Valencia's sales budget. One day later, on July 1, Valencia will pay Barcelona the exact same amount back for Cillessen. [tribuna deportiva]"

pascell

They signed him on a free (I assume some compensation as he was under 23?) so the mark-up is relatively high. You can almost be certain the deal will be riddled with clauses; either high sell-ons or low buy-backs.

Also, Barcelona, dodgy deals? This summer gone they did this (Don't want to post the tweet as it will embed):

"Barcelona will pay Valencia an amount of money before June 30 for goalkeeper Neto to balance Valencia's sales budget. One day later, on July 1, Valencia will pay Barcelona the exact same amount back for Cillessen. [tribuna deportiva]"
The whole Paulinho thing seemed dodgy too.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Do we really need him? Our attack and defence is in good shape apart from possibly another LW. It's the midfield that needs beefing up. Everyone knows that. How much game time would he get and at whose expense?

Alabaster Codify7

Yeah to those above - Barca have done some very iffy deals in recent years, this Todibo thing just seems like one of them, somehow.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Do we really need him? Our attack and defence is in good shape apart from possibly another LW. It's the midfield that needs beefing up. Everyone knows that. How much game time would he get and at whose expense?
Wasnt that long ago Martial was injured and we were in big trouble

Josep Dowling

If Martial or Rashford get injured we are extremely light. However I think buying another young striker isn’t the answer.

Why are we focusing on buying a striker when we clearly need two midfielders and a RW. Ole ignored central midfield in the summer and seems to be doing it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.