Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Are people seriously in the belief that Ajax boy would pick PSG over United or Barcelona? The boy clearly has ambition and fecking off to Paris before his career has even started is not one of them. Mbapppe will learn very quickly when he cant get out of the joint that it was a mistake to go there so early in his career.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
If we finish 50 years in a row maybe. We seem to spend big when we are out of the top 4..
This.

We have not had the constant brainwashing of the Top 4 Cup winners by Wenger for well over 10 years. The fans expectations were re-set after a period of time.

Our expectations were always to win or at least challenge for the title. And if we do fail, we always do seem to spend big, which then creates expectations on the team's performance.

The moment this reaction to being outside the Top 4 stops, then I will start to worry as it will eventually slide to 'moderate' expectations or rationalisation/acceptance of our league performance. In many ways, credit has to be given to the Glazers for maintaining the higher expectations as compared to the Arsenal.

ForestRGoinUp

We have the financial muscle to go in the right direction.
The sponsorship money will by no means dry up, but there’s plenty of room for decline. Especially without CL money, max adidas money, etc.

Crazy to see how naive some are to think it can’t happen under these owners and this CEO.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The sponsorship money will by no means dry up, but there’s plenty of room for decline. Especially without CL money, max adidas money, etc.

Crazy to see how naive some are to think it can’t happen under these owners and this CEO.
It's crazy to think there's people like you, who think we're in as big of a predicament as Arsenal are under Kroenke..

Red Devil Forever

Or we can give the 20 y/o RB we bought last summer a chance.
I think he had more than a chance this past season. He played in more than 20 games in all competitions, not bad for a 20 year old. Although I see a promising player in him, he is not ready at the moment. The main reason we struggled last season was lack of competition in the first team. I think Young is way past his best days, he should be considered as back up option or simply sold this summer. We need a RB and that's a fact.

reddevil702

We've given him chances, he's looked ok when played as a RW or even a wingback, but as a fullback in a flat back 4 he looks lost defensively, I like Dalot but I think his future is going to likely lie further up the pitch, Ole is already playing Russian roulette with his job via his obssession with Rashford, if he takes the same approach to RB and DM he will probably be asking Santa for a new job.
We can’t buy young players, play them out of position half the time and expect them to look ready the few times they actually play in the correct position.

reddevil702

I think he had more than a chance this past season. He played in more than 20 games in all competitions, not bad for a 20 year old. Although I see a promising player in him, he is not ready at the moment. The main reason we struggled last season was lack of competition in the first team. I think Young is way past his best days, he should be considered as back up option or simply sold this summer. We need a RB and that's a fact.
Half of those appearances were either at RW or LB. We can’t go with a youth strategy in the transfer market and then want to buy a ready made player the following summer. At some point you have to let these kids play and go through the growing pains that come with a youth player. You won’t reap the rewards without it. Unless we continue going to those players which are already known.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
No wonder the two teams with the worst owners are in 5th and 6th. Fair reflection of our respective states actually.
United don't have the worst owners, they've got the worst football management.

RedDevilRoshi

Can’t stand the Glazers but thank feck we don’t have someone like Kroenke in charge of us.

SER19

For 45 mil Emery can buy a leg of a decent player.
Feel for emery, had a huge job and a shit budget last year too, while city are touted to hit 300m on full back signings in the last 2 years

Red Devil Forever

Half of those appearances were either at RW or LB. We can’t go with a youth strategy in the transfer market and then want to buy a ready made player the following summer. At some point you have to let these kids play and go through the growing pains that come with a youth player. You won’t reap the rewards without it. Unless we continue going to those players which are already known.
Actually we can do that. Football is not just about starting 11, it's about having a squad depth that helps in dealing with situation like bad form, injuries and suspensions.

If we don't sign a RB and any of the above three things happen then we will have to see Young in starting 11 again. I don't know about you but I don't want him anywhere near starting 11.

But I do agree with your idea of youth but apart from the obvious talent like De ligt, it will be huge risk if we give them starting spot immediately. We should sign young players or upgrade youth academy players to give them squad role and if they perform well then they should be given extended run in the staring 11.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
What a load of crap. They have one of the highest cash reserves in football. Have the new Adidas deal kicking in next season and generated healthy amount of EBITDA last season again without champions league.

Anyway if they do what they do best by unearthing some gems, they could challenge for top 4 next season, I wouldn’t have the faith in us to do so even if we spend far far more than them.

Hulksmash

How can anyone compare Glazers to Kroenke? Glazer are ambitious and are giving us money each season to spend. This year it's apparently 200-250M Pounds. Over the last years , we are one of the highest net spenders around Europe. We just didn't use the cash right.

Kroenke is just sucking Arsenal dry, he just wants to earn money.

Sparky Rhiwabon

How can anyone compare Glazers to Kroenke? Glazer are ambitious and are giving us money each season to spend. This year it's apparently 200-250M Pounds. Over the last years , we are one of the highest net spenders around Europe. We just didn't use the cash right.

I thought the Glazers take money out every year, not in?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Don't believe this; they'll spend more than that surely? Are they briefing the media to try to drive down the demands from the selling clubs or are they genuinely fecked?
Similar was said last season (£50M) and they ended up spending not much more. Given the cost of their season tickets it is shocking the lack of investment into the team and they don't have much in the way of sellable assets to raise funds.

They'll definitely have to change targets if true. They were linked with the likes of Ünder and Konate under Mislintat and Upamecano as recently as the day of the Europa League final (where it was said that if they didn't win, he'd be pretty much out of reach). Individually all three of them would take up most of their summer budget.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
What a load of crap. They have one of the highest cash reserves in football. Have the new Adidas deal kicking in next season and generated healthy amount of EBITDA last season again without champions league.

Anyway if they do what they do best by unearthing some gems, they could challenge for top 4 next season, I wouldn’t have the faith in us to do so even if we spend far far more than them.
And a guy whose net wealth is greater than Abramovici believe. Even if it isn’t, doesn’t make them poor

Nickosaur

Think I'd rather get Sanchez off our wage bill but if it's true we want around £80m - we'd be silly to turn that money down.

Infra-red

I fear we may have to subsidize Sanchez's wages to get him out of the club. I don't think any other club would agree to pay him even half what we are.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Think I'd rather get Sanchez off our wage bill but if it's true we want around £80m - we'd be silly to turn that money down.
Of course. In terms of outlay, it's less for Inter. 2 years on a 400K deal is 40M. We'd surely wave a fee. Whereas Lukaku, for 75M plus his wages would be far north of 100M. The more sensible move of course, but in terms of figures, the far more expensive deal.

Giggsyking

Kronke did not bury the club in 800m debt, and pay another billion on that debt.

crossy1686

career ending
I fear we may have to subsidize Sanchez's wages to get him out of the club. I don't think any other club would agree to pay him even half what we are.
We've already agreed to pay 50% to whichever club take him on loan for a season with an obligation to buy the following season. Either way, paying him half on what we're currently paying is better than paying him everything

Status
Not open for further replies.