Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliche Guevara

He may request for more than £60m, but he hasn't got much to bargain with Eriksen's contract finishes next year.

Levy negotiation skills when it comes to selling is so overrated, the only player that he managed to get good money from is Bale but they were in a strong position at the time.
I think this is a very accurate and oft overlooked point.

Levy could have had around £150m over the last couple of years from United, for Rose, Dier and Alderweireld.

He’d rather win the Don’t Sell to United trophy than an actual trophy. Totally small time.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Rashford hasn't done jack to be awarded such an expensive contract. It's hilarious that a guaranteed 30 goal striker like Kane get paid 110k and this guy will be paid 250k. Rashford just got 10 goals in the league this past season and he was terrible for the majority of it. Another Sanchez sorta mistake if this is true. He's at best worth 170k/ week.
He's on 200k now apparently.

lysglimt

Scout
Not a complaint, just a question: @Fridge chutney do you follow every football league club on twitter or something? How do you find these obscure deals :lol:
He is just photoshopping some random name and a random club - because he know we can't be bothered to fact-check it :)

Well done to Fridge - its good to get those updates.

Suv666

Chutney is the greatest WUM on here. Winding so many people up without breaking any rules, thats an art. Love it

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Rashford hasn't done jack to be awarded such an expensive contract. It's hilarious that a guaranteed 30 goal striker like Kane get paid 110k and this guy will be paid 250k. Rashford just got 10 goals in the league this past season and he was terrible for the majority of it. Another Sanchez sorta mistake if this is true. He's at best worth 170k/ week.
Kane isn't on that going forward (I dont think) and the piece (which is clickbait like usual) does say it's heavily incentivised so he won't be on £250m unless he's had a storming season and United have ... in which case, great.

(Edit. Or £250k, who knows with Ed).

Last edited:

AJ10

Kane isn't on that going forward (I dont think) and the piece (which is clickbait like usual) does say it's heavily incentivised so he won't be on £250m unless he's had a storming season and United have ... in which case, great.
That's a bit much, don't you think? :eek:

Toni Roncoroni

Wasn't he like one of the next big things when he was at Basel? Could be mistaken, mind.
yes! he looked really good at Basel and was hyped a lot. maybe too much. had a few injuries and bad ankle injury and never really got going at schalke. I hope for him, that he will be able to get back on track at Gladbach

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Context. Off course we are going to reward a young academy product, a regular first team starter, our second best goal scorer (if we sell Lukaku), a regular NT starter and probably one of the main faces of our club a very good deal t. If the contract includes his images rights then £250k/w is reasonable and well in line with his status.

It’s a good thing he earns more then Harry Kane, it shows the difference in size and status between our clubs, Our best players should always be top of the PL income list. That's important I’d we are going to advertise us as one of the biggest clubs in the world.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs

Levy could have had around £150m over the last couple of years from United, for Rose, Dier and Alderweireld.

He’d rather win the Don’t Sell to United trophy than an actual trophy. Totally small time.
Or maybe Pochettino preferred to keep those players, and maybe none of them actually wanted to move United.

Crimson King

Or maybe Pochettino preferred to keep those players, and maybe none of them actually wanted to move United.
I mean a lot of the talk at the time made it sound like Rose and Dier at least were pretty keen.

Who knows how true that is though.

Velvet Revolver

Why do i feel like opening bid will be £15m, £5m for winning CL, 100 can of beans for the life of the contract, 50 tickets to watch United at home in the Europa League, a friendly to be played in Albania and a night with SAF as guest speaker for 15 minutes!

Feels like the kind of nonsense we'd start with!
15M + 5M add on for a player who has played less than 15 games int he PL is a good start of a negotiation isn't it?

podurban2

If we can't moan about fridge chutney, can we at least make ignored content a thing in the transfer tweets thread? @Niall

AFC NimbleThumb

guess DDG gets his 500k a week here then.

Seriously can’t wait for the mans retirement speech; he’s tried to leave as many [if not more] times than Rooney & people act like he’s some martyr; can’t wait for his autobiography where he highlights wanting to leave on multiple occasions.

Last edited:

AaronRedDevil

Blaming

Blaming Sanchez for our current

Seriously can’t wait for the mans retirement speech; he’s tried to leave as many [if not more] times than Rooney & people act like he’s some martyr; can’t wait for his autobiography where he highlights wanting to leave on multiple occasions.
Or maybe he's just professional. Yes he wants to leave and we all know that. But he'll not make a big bitchy fuss about it and do his job. If it happens, good for him. If not, he's still going to do his best. Like always.

kerryman

Christ that is nuts, they really need to find a solution to shifting Sanchez if these are the type of wages our players are asking for by using Sanchez wages as a measuring stick for contract negotiations.
I'm sorry, but this is insane! He wouldn't even get half that amount at any other club!
He scored 10 goals last season....10! These kind of wages should be reserved for world class 30 goals a season strikers.
IMO he's not even good enough to start for us if we want to be competing for titles.
I can't see him improving that much so we will be stuck with him as he'll be impossible to shift on those wages. We're not getting back anywhere near the top as long as we keep overpaying mediocre players (and thinking they are world class)
How much do other 10 goal a season strikers earn?

AFC NimbleThumb

Or maybe he's just professional. Yes he wants to leave and we all know that. But he'll not make a big bitchy fuss about it and do his job. If it happens, good for him. If not, he's still going to do his best. Like always.
I think we’re on a similar page, I’ve never said he’s not a professional - for a vast period he outperformed an underperforming squad.

My point is, he’s literally forced moves twice for them to break down on him. I don’t care if he makes a song & dance in the newspapers or not; he’s not ‘loyal’ to the team I support. He is the quintessential ‘footballing employee’ imo.

Professionality is a fluid term here. He’s well remunerated to be so.

I actually like DDG A LOT but he doesn’t want to be at United, I actually feel for the guy.

gormless

Rooney was part of the most successful period of Uniteds history and it was probably for money (although in fairness one of the reasons also given was he was upset at lack of investment in quality players, which has come home to roost now). He was living 30 miles from his home town and had no reason to leave.

DDG has been part of a dumpster fire for 6 years, isn’t from the country, and has no real reason to stay.

pacifictheme

Are you referring to when fergie went public about the contract negotiations with rooney?

ArjenIsM3

Plenty and its utterly laughable. No where near good enough
Why is that? Watched a few Villa games towards the end of the season and he impressed me every time. Wouldn't pay 50m for him of course but for the right price he could be a decent Herrera replacement / squad player.

George The Best

Bit laughable when they were CL finalists this season and have qualified again next season, without spending anything. Meanwhile we finished 6th.

AFC NimbleThumb

Rooney was part of the most successful period of Uniteds history and it was probably for money (although in fairness one of the reasons also given was he was upset at lack of investment in quality players, which has come home to roost now). He was living 30 miles from his home town and had no reason to leave.

DDG has been part of a dumpster fire for 6 years, isn’t from the country, and has no real reason to stay.
Not quite sure what you’re arguing here.

‘probably for money’, unquantifiable.

‘lack of investment in quality players’, a just reason for someone who ‘was part of the most successful period of United's history’ to leave.

‘based 30 miles from his home town’, not sure what that has to do with it either.

I’m now in a Rooney vs DDG debate which wasn’t my point but. . . Rooney & DDG both have/had wanted to leave. I still like them both; just find the way DDG is viewed for similar actions abit perplexing.

Anyway Transfer thread, let’s get back on topic.

DDG should stay now which is good news.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Maybe, but levy would not have made half of that money selling these players elsewhere
Spurs are not in any great need of money. We are in the global top 10 income-wise, with more income than Juventus, and have recently recorded profits larger than any football club ever.

Moreover, none of those three of those players have been sold … far less sold to strengthen a rival.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Pogstay. I'm not sure how I'd feel about that. United isn't in CL and is 'rebuilding' (god I hate that word) again.

If He cannot be arsed and starts spreading his half arsedness to other players (especially the new ones) then We're fecked. He's a big personality, He can influence them.

If He can be arsed. We have just retained the most important player in the squad.

150m Pogba. The most complicated midfielder ever.

RyRoc

Spurs are not in any great need of money. We are in the global top 10 income-wise, with more income than Juventus, and have recently recorded profits larger than any football club ever.

Moreover, none of those three of those players have been sold … far less sold to strengthen a rival.
Is that accurate? You spent close to a billion on a stadium so would be surprised if it is or if it is hasn’t taken into account the stadium which basically makes your argument a lot weaker

UnitedObsession99

Your high income was based off strong cup progression. Your salaries are unsustainably low. Your profit is funding the stadium.

Eriksson is the glue that holds everything together and he looks at high risk of leaving. That could materially damage your performance.

acnumber9

It’s particularly hilarious when you make up Kane’s wage to make it much less than it actually is.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Is that accurate? You spent close to a billion on a stadium so would be surprised if it is or if it is hasn’t taken into account the stadium which basically makes your argument a lot weaker
Some of the stadium cost was paid for by years of transfer-spending austerity, when the money was invested instead in the stadium project. The rest comes from bank loans, but the annual cost of servicing these is dwarfed by our annual income.

And this annual income is going to go a lot higher due to the increased income generated by the new stadium.

Dante

Average bang
Rooney is English. Part of the reason that people want to buy English players is that they're less likely to want to leave.

When Rooney said he wanted out, he was held to a much higher standard of loyalty than a foreign born player would be. That's why he got so much more hate.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Your high income was based off strong cup progression. Your salaries are unsustainably low. Your profit is funding the stadium.

Eriksson is the glue that holds everything together and he looks at high risk of leaving. That could materially damage your performance.
Our booming income is based on many things. In the coming season it will be based partly on our first full season in the new stadium, with all its many hugely increased revenue streams compared to the old stadium.

Eriksen is not the "glue that holds everything together". If he leaves he will be replaced.

The main components of the glue are Levy, Pochettino, Kane … and now the new stadium, which will boost our income each and every year for decades to come compared to the old stadium.

As for salaries, we can now afford to pay more … and we will.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
And what might they have done with the extra £150m only having sold three infrequent performers?
Infrequent performers? Two of those three - Rose and Alderweireld are currently part of our first XI - and Dier was previously before being struck down with illness.

Instead of complaining that Spurs refused to sell players to United I'd suggest that United go out and find their own new signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.