Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rish Sawhney

So as much as i love just having a go at Woodward, I actually do have to note with seriousness here that "player we didn't want " is disingenuous. It has been very apparent over the Woodward tenure that many signings are HIS list and preference rather than the managers. Likewise, many players crossed off the list because HE didn't fancy them.

If someone's dog shits on my floor I'm not going to kick the dog. I'm going to tell the owner to feck off. That's the point I'm at now - our managers are pets for little big man. So feck him. And feck anyone that thinks he deserves even an ounce more of patience. :)
I'm gonna need a source for that that isn't about last season's transfer window (where I was very glad that he stepped in and wouldn't buy Mourinho's targets).

2E_MUFC

:lol: When we was linked with Gueye last season. He was apparently awful now we don’t go in for him he’s suddenly a world beater.

lsd

The Oracle
So as much as i love just having a go at Woodward, I actually do have to note with seriousness here that "player we didn't want " is disingenuous. It has been very apparent over the Woodward tenure that many signings are HIS list and preference rather than the managers. Likewise, many players crossed off the list because HE didn't fancy them.

If someone's dog shits on my floor I'm not going to kick the dog. I'm going to tell the owner to feck off. That's the point I'm at now - our managers are pets for little big man. So feck him. And feck anyone that thinks he deserves even an ounce more of patience. :)

I know one thing if unlike a lot of posters here he has the brains to know Harry Maguire is not worth 80 million then I'd rather he is the one making these decisions

Kemizee

I'm happy with our transfer business and I'm quite content if this is the squad we're going with for the duration of the campaign.
There's still alot of unfulfilled potential in alot of our players who will hopefully continue to adapt and develop under Ole's leadership.
Are you kidding me? How long will people say this to console themselves when Woodward and co. mess around every summer?

You know very well you aren't content with our squad, you know that we are about to fail yet again barring big transfer miracles in the coming week.

You know that all the talk of players realizing their potential is hot air when the season gets underway as the EPL does not really afford a platform for that especially with the new money in circulation.

It's one thing to say you hope for the best with these bunch of players who have failed us year in year out but it's another entirely to claim you would be HAPPY with our team if all we added were AWB and Danny James come the end of the window.

IThis would signal the end of our club's footballing ambitions. Last year, the addition of just Fred and Dalot after we finished 2nd behind City baffled a lot of us and this summer is all I needed to know where our ambitions lie now as a club and you tell me you would be happy? Hell No! Never.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
:lol: When we was linked with Gueye last season. He was apparently awful now we don’t go in for him he’s suddenly a world beater.
I was thinking the same thing, don't think a lot of people realise his actual age though and still think of him as an up and comer.

Rish Sawhney

Are you kidding me? How long will people say this to console themselves when Woodward and co. mess around every summer?

You know very well you aren't content with our squad, you know that we are about to fail yet again barring big transfer miracles in the coming week.

You know that all the talk of players realizing their potential is hot air when the season gets underway as the EPL does not really afford a platform for that especially with the new money in circulation.

It's one thing to say you hope for the best with these bunch of players who have failed us year in year out but it's another entirely to claim you would be HAPPY with our team if all we added were AWB and Danny James come the end of the window.

IThis would signal the end of our club's footballing ambitions. Last year, the addition of just Fred and Dalot after we finished 2nd behind City baffled a lot of us and this summer is all I needed to know where our ambitions lie now as a club and you tell me you would be happy? Hell No! Never.
Signings won't bring us out of this hole we're in. We're going to have to create a team thats mostly academy players with a few key additions. I hope Ole gets rid of the while galactico thing we had going on for a while. We need investment in areas other than recruiting - OT updates, better development for your young players once they hit the first team into world class players, etc. The last thing we need is more prima donna players on 300k a week.

AJ10

No interest says Mullock
Not sure how reliable this guy is but I wouldn't be surprised. Links to these players just smacks of their club trying to inflate fee.

Godfather

I'm happy with our transfer business and I'm quite content if this is the squad we're going with for the duration of the campaign.
There's still alot of unfulfilled potential in alot of our players who will hopefully continue to adapt and develop under Ole's leadership.
Jesus. The sheep on here at times...

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Not sure how reliable this guy is but I wouldn't be surprised. Links to these players just smacks of their club trying to inflate fee.
Not very reliable at all. You're probably right about the inflated fees though.

Kemizee

Signings won't bring us out of this hole we're in. We're going to have to create a team thats mostly academy players with a few key additions. I hope Ole gets rid of the while galactico thing we had going on for a while. We need investment in areas other than recruiting - OT updates, better development for your young players once they hit the first team into world class players, etc. The last thing we need is more prima donna players on 300k a week.
Signings may not get us out of our current mess as a club but they sure will improve our league standing and football fortunes. Because as far as I am aware, Ed is going nowhere neither is Solskjaer so the realistic solution at the moment is quality signings.

We cannot afford to do this under this current football landscape. If we were City for instance with a stable, footbaling philosophy and a manager who guarantees trophies, you could afford to sprinkle the youngsters in the team every now and then but we are already so far behind that youth development should not be our primary priority. We can do that on the side while we return to winning trophies.

OGS has discarded the galactico policy and that's why he repeatedly says he wants players who 'fit our profile' and all the playerz we have been linked to... 'Longstaff, Maguire, AWB, James, Bruno Fernandes, Nicolas Pepe' etc are not galacticos. Bale isn't even on our radar anymore.

I pretty much agree with the other points you raised.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
If Everton pip Arsenal to signing Zaha, Arsenal fans are done. :lol:
Not if it's for £80m. For that price Everton are more than welcome to him. Especially as Palace are asking for the majority of that to be paid within one year :houllier:

Fooza

the irony the mirror would start that off with "the truth..."

Sounds plausible we ain't in for them though, if Ole said 1 or 2, one being Maguire, the second being... Longstaff?

Zoo

Luckhurst is saying the same thing

Sterling Archer

I know one thing if unlike a lot of posters here he has the brains to know Harry Maguire is not worth 80 million then I'd rather he is the one making these decisions
See, I'm of the opinion that your or my opinion on the matter means nothing. On the other hand, the coaching staff, scouts and the manager that put that list together is extremely important. Their opinion is vastly more meaningful than Woodward. So for the man to overrule them in the way he keeps doing is, to say it nicely, naive and bad practice...business management 101...trust the people who know better.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Over 30m€ for Gueye we're getting mugged by Everton here. :annoyed:

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Are you feck. That's a great signing.
30 yo limited role player with barely any experience at the top level and no resell or marketing value relying on his soon to be declining physical activity.

He would have to make us go through a couple CL playoffs rounds by himself to justify the cost. How long a contract is it even reasonable to offer? A long one has a risk of keeping a past it player on our books for years and a short one makes the transfer all the more costly.

Infestissumam

Over 30m€ for Gueye we're getting mugged by Everton here. :annoyed:
nah that's a great signing and not a bad price at all. Gueye is not a "sexy" signing in terms of name/popularity/marketing, but he's a fantastic player that gives great balance to a midfield. I wouldn't be too worried about his age either, he has more than enough left in the tank. Absolutely bossed Evertons midfield last year.

United_We_Stand

Manchester United have not held discussions with Lille about their forward Nicolas Pepe.

United are also believed to be ‘irritated’ by coverage in the Portuguese media about their interest in Sporting Lisbon midfielder Bruno Fernandes. Although United admire the 24-year-old Portugal international, they have not made an approach and sources believe Sporting are using United to try and whip up an auction.

Godfather

Manchester United have not held discussions with Lille about their forward Nicolas Pepe.

United are also believed to be ‘irritated’ by coverage in the Portuguese media about their interest in Sporting Lisbon midfielder Bruno Fernandes. Although United admire the 24-year-old Portugal international, they have not made an approach and sources believe Sporting are using United to try and whip up an auction.
Yeah why should we even think of strengthening our RW position. We chose to ignore it half a decade ago.

willhse456

Surely we have to sign another midfielder before the end of the window...

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

If they’re so irritated, why don’t we just brief all of British media that we’re categorically not interested and we’ll not be singing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.