Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Pogba would be absolutely brewing if we brought Dybala in and we made him the 3rd highest paid in the squad.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
There's all that and I think there's also a massive tax relief of some sorts for the high earners in Italy, which is why Juve got CR in the first place really.
Italy has a €100k flat tax on all foreign-sourced income, yeah. His "basic wages" paid by Juventus are subject to regular Italian taxes but e.g. bonuses for international tournaments and, more importantly, image rights payments can all be made subject to the flat tax rate which is absolutely peanuts for a guy like Ronaldo.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Italy has a €100k flat tax on all foreign-sourced income, yeah. His "basic wages" paid by Juventus are subject to regular Italian taxes but e.g. bonuses for international tournaments and, more importantly, image rights payments can all be made subject to the flat tax rate which is absolutely peanuts for a guy like Ronaldo.
Righto, cheers for specifying, knew there was something in there.

izec

how can every other club in the league be showing more ambition right now?

We are a complete joke. Everton buying Kean............ ffs
The guys behind us, Everton, Leicester and Wolves show ambition to enter the top 6. While we dont care and think we will be in the top 4 anyway. This season could be quite explosive

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
What gives the idea that he won't score 25/30 goals? His scoring has gone up every year and he is just started to be our main striker. Not to mention the fact that he's only 21 years old. If he starts 30 games this year I am more than confident that he will score at least 20 goals...
The huge concern is the end of last season and the complete dry spell Rashford had during it. Overall as well, 10 goals in 33 EPL appearances is way, way too few. He misses a lot of opportunities.

Stating the obvious: because the footballing / transfer side of those other clubs isn't run by a clueless accountant pretending to be qualified for the job of an executive of a top club in Europe.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

We are a complete joke. Everton buying Kean............ ffs
We literally can't buy anyone until we sell someone. Also, since when is Kean any better than Rashford?

AJ10

Wonder what the buy back clause will be (if there is one), IMO it has to be at least double the amount otherwise whats the point of buying kean.

jeepers

And risk court cases and non payments? You better believe United have that shit locked down and signed that they can't speak out against the club.
I’ve learnt from lurking that sensible posts are frowned upon here (hence my newbie status) so there’s that.

Honestly though, I didn’t and forgot to consider NDAs which would most definitely be part of a manager’s contract, especially one at a club this big.

But of course that hasn’t stopped people from including such content in their autobiographies. And LvG and Mourinho have egos that I expect would ignore NDAs. Oh well!

mancan92

We literally can't buy anyone until we sell someone. Also, since when is Kean any better than Rashford?
They are showing more ambition. They have upgraded to a player who is probably as good as rashford. Before they had no striker on that level. That is showing ambition. We shouldn't be on par with Everton for gods sake.

Also I don't care send the useless players to the reserves and force them to find somewhere to leave. The likes of Darmain and Rojo are stealing their wages.

lysglimt

Scout
They are showing more ambition. They have upgraded to a player who is probably as good as rashford. Before they had no striker on that level. That is showing ambition. We shouldn't be on par with Everton for gods sake.

Also I don't care send the useless players to the reserves and force them to find somewhere to leave. The likes of Darmain and Rojo are stealing their wages.
Kean is not as good as Rashford - he might be at one stage, he is not now.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

On what basis? There's no guarantee he will do anything close to Rashford in this league. Would happily bet Rashford will outscore him next season.

mancan92

Kean is not as good as Rashford - he might be at one stage, he is not now.
Your being pedantic at this stage. He is seen as a player of very good to great potential the same as Rashford. He is a huge upgrade on what everton currently have. They are showing great ambition in comparison to us.

mancan92

On what basis? There's no guarantee he will do anything close to Rashford in this league. Would happily bet Rashford will outscore him next season.
Thats fine yes there is not quite the proof but my point was more he is one of the most exciting youngsters in europe and everton are showing the ambition to pick him up. We are not.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Thats fine yes there is not quite the proof but my point was more he is one of the most exciting youngsters in europe and everton are showing the ambition to pick him up. We are not.
Well by all reports they will have a buyback clause in the deal, so not that ambitious. We'll have a better squad than them come the end of the transfer window, signing Kean won't leapfrog them above us.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Our recent expenditure and wage structure doesn't indicate that. We have too many average footballers who don't warrant the huge contracts they are on.
Agreed.
I think we all need to be realistic this season and let Ole get on with getting his ideas across

DoomSlayer

Agreed.
I think we all need to be realistic this season and let Ole get on with getting his ideas across
Definitely. It's a shame our clueless board can't get rid of the "deadwood" players. We have 26 first team players that need registering at the moment, whilst the PL allows only 25 (that doesn't even include the young ones who don't need to be registered).

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Can you really blame him Martial on 250k, Sanchez 500k, I don't think 300k is outlandish.
Those numbers for Dybala are wrong

He makes €7m a year after tax. That's £120k a week. That's roughly £240k a week gross.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Those numbers for Dybala are wrong

He makes €7m a year after tax. That's £120k a week. That's roughly £240k a week gross.
Exactly. 7 million is reported by almost all the reliable journalists. All of a sudden Marcotti comes up with this nonsense, good chance he is the one who got confused with net and gross wages.

Mick1

The huge concern is the end of last season and the complete dry spell Rashford had during it. Overall as well, 10 goals in 33 EPL appearances is way, way too few. He misses a lot of opportunities.

Stating the obvious: because the footballing / transfer side of those other clubs isn't run by a clueless accountant pretending to be qualified for the job of an executive of a top club in Europe.
Are people not sick of repeating this. What we have is a multi billion dollar international juggernaut of a football club, with one of the most successful financial models and a CEO whose day to day routine are taught at top business schools the world over ( and a masters in physics)

I think many people, including the board, owners, managers, scouting department analysts... make the decisions attributed to Woody. It's not like he goes around watching YouTube videos deciding who to keep/ buy.

I find it amazing how many people are clueless on the whole subject.

pacifictheme

Are people not sick of repeating this. What we have is a multi billion dollar international juggernaut of a football club, with one of the most successful financial models and a CEO whose day to day routine are taught at top business schools the world over ( and a masters in physics)

I think many people, including the board, owners, managers, scouting department analysts... make the decisions attributed to Woody. It's not like he goes around watching YouTube videos deciding who to keep/ buy.

Struggling to understand that your point is. We came 6th last season and have not really improved the squad. Who cares whos d3cision it is. Its a mess.

Mick1

Struggling to understand that your point is. We came 6th last season and have not really improved the squad. Who cares whos d3cision it is. Its a mess.
Woody isn't a clueless accountant who is pretending to be qualified to lead a top club. It s the sporting side of the club that is suffering, blaming the CEO, who also answers to owners and the board, is not enough. I was disagreeing with the post I quoted, what you have said is of no relevance, but I agree

Giggsyking

Why do we care how good he is in accounting? for us and the most important he is s**t at football and he is taking the sporting decisions. He is the Glazers dog and do exactly what they ask him to do, and have zero interest in the fans and what they wish for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.