Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

WensleyMU

Some guy says the reason for our increased activity in the window is because Woodward won the bonus ball last week.

Patrick08

I feel for footballers - we criticise them all year round and when they act out, we criticise them more. In truth, what he's done is hardly wrong. Guy doesn't like taking shit, no one does.
May be he should realize no one is calling him slow in top speed stats which he keeps mentioning about.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon

fecking Luke Shaw, that massive arse of his provides a lot of drag. Slower than Juan Mata, WTF????
Can only assume he had the opportunity to get up to that speed chasing the ball after his first touch.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I feel for footballers - we criticise them all year round and when they act out, we criticise them more. In truth, what he's done is hardly wrong. Guy doesn't like taking shit, no one does.
I've stuck up for Lukaku on here plenty of times but what he's done here is classless and damn right disrespectful to his teammates and to the club. You don't leak private info.

Heffo

I mean, he's picked out of context data from one random training session from almost a month ago to try and make and argument that he's fast. He's clearly not faster than Daniel James, Marcus Rashford and plenty more on that list.

Just like Shaw isn't slower than Juan Mata.

Walters_19_MuFc

Lukaku needs to get over himself. No one is saying he's slow. Well, im not anyway. Problem is, he seems shattered after a sprint and is nowhere near as agile and interchangeable like Martial and Rashford are.

He has a fantastic move on the table. Potential CL winners in Juve. With the right team he is a fantastic goalscorer. Wish he'd just shut his mouth and just get on with it.

HackeyC

Adjusting for reaction time he is about 15kph so if I were him I'd just keep quiet.

WensleyMU

I've nothing against Lukaku, he tried, it didn't work out. He will go on to have a great career regardless.

I am also convinced I have seen that graphic before, on this very website, or one that was posted in the past. It had people like Smalling being one of the fastest in the side...

Nick7

I've nothing against Lukaku, he tried, it didn't work out. He will go on to have a great career regardless.

I am also convinced I have seen that graphic before, on this very website, or one that was posted in the past. It had people like Smalling being one of the fastest in the side...
Smalling is fairly fast, slow to accelerate but high top speed. Like Lukaku.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Big central defenders are often the fastest. Rudiger is Chelsea's fastest and I remember Fergie saying the Pallister was the fastest (in a team with Giggs and Kanchelskis).

Stan Jefferson

They tried to get the stats on his first touches but they had to give up because they couldn't find a tape measure long enough.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters

Did he though?

I think that if we had the slim, Everton Lukaku then things would be very different right now.

He showed up completely out of shape for the beginning of last season and even as the season went on his fitness failed to improve. He was visibly panthing after making one or two runs.

WensleyMU

What's the bonus ball?
Lottory. An office past time over in the UK is everyone picks a number and pays a quid into a pot. If your number comes up in the National Lottory draw, you take home the pot. Then you go on a big spending spree..

Exactly like Ed is doing...

Matt007a

I’ve always thought Lukaku was a good professional and always speaks well, never bad mouths the club or anyone in it. That tweet is rather disappointing.

Kearnkoff69

I've stuck up for Lukaku on here plenty of times but what he's done here is classless and damn right disrespectful to his teammates and to the club. You don't leak private info.
Agree with the OP that footballers do have a much harder time of it than most people, with criticism coming from all angles no matter what they do (look at someone like Messi who, even after scoring a match-winning goal, will be criticized for his performance). However, in this case I fall on your side of the argument. It's frankly unacceptable to be acting like this, and to be posting club data on a public forum. He's basically pulling the Tom Cruise routine from the beginning of Jerry Maguire when his character gets fired.

LJJT

fecking Luke Shaw, that massive arse of his provides a lot of drag. Slower than Juan Mata, WTF????
He’s definitely gone posting this shit. Think the poor lads having a breakdown trying to prove what he is

WensleyMU

Smalling is fairly fast, slow to accelerate but high top speed. Like Lukaku.
Yeh, top speed doesn't mean much if it takes you 3 weeks to get up to that speed.

Big central defenders are often the fastest. Rudiger is Chelsea's fastest and I remember Fergie saying the Pallister was the fastest (in a team with Giggs and Kanchelskis).
Yeh I remember Fergie saying that. I was just pointing out that the graphic, or one similar has been shared before. I doubt it's considered top secret or private at all. It shows nothing useful.

Did he though?

I think that if we had the slim, Everton Lukaku then things would be very different right now.

He showed up completely out of shape for the beginning of last season and even as the season went on his fitness failed to improve. He was visibly panthing after making one or two runs.
I think he still tried. A few years ago I weighed 17stone. I still tried to walk. I painted and fell on my face but I tried, goddamn it I tried!

Matt007a

Data like this is private and misleading. Shaw is taking abuse in the comments for being slower than Mata and Matic. That’s data from one training session with no context. Shaw is obviously faster than both but clearly didn’t get into a full sprint. Doesn’t help for a player who is constantly getting abused for his shape and fitness.

He’s obviously going or he wouldn’t post such a thing. It’s totally unacceptable even if he is leaving.

Irrational.

Lukaku can feck off. His ego is hurt because he couldn't cut it for a top club. Fat shit, has the acceleration of a tank, even they can get to 30-40mph if you give them enough time. Has the touch of one too.

I've defended him plenty of times, but this is utterly classless. He's burnt his bridges with us now, glad we're getting rid.

EDIT: Can see he's deleted the tweet. Hope he's fined before he goes.

United58

Luke Shaw slower than Juan Mata I'm f*cking dying.
There's quotes from Tuanzebe saying that Shaw was 'absolutely rapid' - he couldn't believe how fast he was. This would have been back in 2015, before the leg break.

Andersons Dietician

I mean we’ve all watched United and in no world is Shaw slower than Mata and I’m quite surprised to see Dalot up there but if those speeds are true both have broken Leroy Sanes premier league record which was 35 something in a game.

AJ10

Are people seriously believing Mata being faster than Shaw.....Mata? :lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.