Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

wr8_utd

:'(
Juve have no need for Eriksen. Ramsay, Bentancur, Rabiot and Pjanic are more than enough. Juve are looking for a striker hence the links with Lukaku and Icardi.
Llorente and money for Dybala.

It's wonderful how every single transfer, according to journalists, is down to us or Spurs to make it work. Celso, Bruno Fernandes, Dybala, Eriksen, Llorente and Lukaku's futures all hinge on two clubs.

wr8_utd

:'(
Always been a talented player, remember watching hi when he had first signed for Inter and thinking he looked a great player in the making....had totally forgot about him when Liverpool bought him, he was fantastic for the for a while and you can understand why only a big fee was going to tempt Liverpool to sell him, £50m would never have got him, they were always going to have to over pay if they wanted him....but £150m was ridiculous really
He only went for 150m because the entire world knew Barcelona are loaded after they got 220m for Neymar.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
feck me imagine if Spurs beat us to Dybala :lol:
We've pulled the plug on the Dybala due to positive vibes from the Eriksen camp IMO.

If Spurs sign Dybala and pay the crazy wages etc. Then they will have done what some of their fans have accused us of doing in the last 5 years.

Eddy_JukeZ

Not a big difference between £50m vs €70m. Spurs would probably throw £10m on top. Don't get why so many are in denial over all of this.
Dybala joining Spurs is why so many are reluctant to believe this 'swap'.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Juve need to balance their books first and foremost. This is a deal that could potentially interest all parties for different reasons. Juve will just keep Mandzukic.
That very well might be true about them wanting to balance the books. But I don't see the sense in them signing Eriksen when they're stocked with creative central players.

I Am Zlatan

Said we'd pretty much signed Fernandes. I think he's a Juve mouthpiece right now.
The thing is, the window is still open, so if we get Bruno, he’d be right.. I might’ve missed something, but the caf turned on him, which is surprising, so I’m trying to understand what’s going on.

mad1max954

They are a more attractive proposition than we are at the moment.

They're Champions League finalists; we don't even have Champions League football.
We are one of the biggest footballing names on the planet and we will be back. spurs are riding the poch wave.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Dybala joining Spurs is why so many are reluctant to believe this 'swap'.
I'm not reluctant. They finish higher than us these days, got to the CL final, have an Argentinian manager, are based in London (Dybala seems to go there a lot).

When we were strongly linked to Dybala last weekend, a couple of reports flew completely under the radar. They said that Pochettino had been in touch with Dybala to convince him to choose Spurs. It all adds up imo. Plus there's a report tonight saying that Spurs know exactly what is required to do the deal and they are prepared to pay. Dybala is more open to joining them.

Could be bullshit but probably not. I mean, why would they bid now after they saw what happened with us? Unless they know they can make this deal happen.

jesperjaap

If only...Eriksen for Dybala and Juve having Eriksen we swap Lukaku for Bentancur and sign a defensive midfielder too with the extra money.

I actually think there going to be quite a few deals the last couple of days of the window, why am I starting to think we wont be making any though....Im getting that feeling of a last minure desperate effort that doesnt come off for someone

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Llorente and money for Dybala.

It's wonderful how every single transfer, according to journalists, is down to us or Spurs to make it work. Celso, Bruno Fernandes, Dybala, Eriksen, Llorente and Lukaku's futures all hinge on two clubs.
Spurs offering Juventus Llorente plus cash for Dybala? That's like me buying something from you, and offering some rain water?

Infra-red

We are one of the biggest footballing names on the planet and we will be back. spurs are riding the poch wave.
We may or may not be back one day. Either way, we're currently the sixth best team in England and have no CL football to offer prospective players, having just missed out on top 4 for the fourth time in six years.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I can genuinely see him going to the spuds
I could easily see him making that choice were it not for the apparent issue with his image rights ownership (assuming it's accurate) and the fact that even matching his current wages would make him their highest earner by a distance.

jesperjaap

We've pulled the plug on the Dybala due to positive vibes from the Eriksen camp IMO.

If Spurs sign Dybala and pay the crazy wages etc. Then they will have done what some of their fans have accused us of doing in the last 5 years.
We have pulled the plug as the deal looked to complicated and costly for a player that didnt appear fully convinced on joining us. Would say if there is any truth in the Eriksen deal, its as he was another target we have now moved on to.

Not read the piece from The Athletic or whatever its called, but dont buy into us having worked on the deal for months for Eriksen, not that I know what it says, just from comments on here. If that was true surely we wouldnt have moved for Dybala and SPurs would have sold him by now to raise the funds for there supposed targets

Last edited:

jesperjaap

That very well might be true about them wanting to balance the books. But I don't see the sense in them signing Eriksen when they're stocked with creative central players.
Agree and Ramsey is on a similar lever to Eriksen as well when he is fit and on form.....and I think he will struggle to get in to that side unless they play a different system, for me Panic and Bentancur are both better players

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Players around Europe probably wonder the same thing about us.
So in the last 10 years:
2 league titles
1 FA Cup
1 League Cup
1 Europa League

5 trophies in 10 years.... Not really THAT bad.
Sure it's not perfect, but it's gonna be better than the majority of clubs

Plus, when it does come to wages, we can pay more than pretty much any other club.
To say United have 0 attraction these days is laughable

yumtum

DUX' bumchum

They're Champions League finalists; we don't even have Champions League football.
We've still won more than them the past 6 years during our lowest point in decades.

Rejecting Manchester United for Tottenham Hotspur would be a stupid decision.

paulblart

What?! No they aren't, let's not go overboard with our self-loathing.

Ajax are CL semi finalists, doesn't mean they're more attractive than us. The vast, vast majority of footballers would choose United over Spurs, without question.

jesperjaap

So are AC Milan. There's no guarantees of or when we'll be back. I hope soon, but how does a lad in Italy with no connection to us see the situation?
Exactly and dare I say it Liverpool. Big clubs will always attract players, but if they are going through a bleak period, there is still every chance they will lose out to current rivals, its even happened at times with Barcelona

Infra-red

We've still won more than them the past 6 years during our lowest point in decades.

Rejecting Manchester United for Tottenham Hotspur would be a stupid decision.
It would be a perfectly reasonable decision for a Argentinian player who fancies being managed by one of his countrymen, living in London and playing Champions League football, any/all of which may be a factor here.

binary bot
At least we should know for definite whether or not there's a transfer nearing completion by tomorrow. Can't see much materialising other than medicals come Thursday.

jesperjaap

When did AC Milan last win anything?
What have they won in the last 10 years?
Think that is his point, go back 25 years and every player in the world wanted to play for them pretty much, steeped in history but look at them the last 10 years. Doesnt matter how big a club is and how big the history is....if your rubbish for a decade, you are going to struggle for the best players, especially outside of your own country. Dybala is outside of our country and we have been rubbish for about seven years, is it such a surprise he seemed reluctant to join us from Juventus perennial cl challengers and serie a winners?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
It would be a perfectly reasonable decision for a Argentinian player who fancies being managed by one of his countrymen, living in London and playing Champions League football, any/all of which may be a factor here.
Shortsighted would be the term, Poch wont be there forever, and choosing to go to a lesser club based on a city is a little weird as a footballer too, you're a millionaire, you dont work 8-12 hours a day 6 days a week, you can go to London as much as you like (or any other city for that matter).

But hey, if a player would rather play for a manager who shares the same nationality and to live in a more popular city then who am I to criticise? Just find it odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.