Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

redtony

Wondering to see what propoganda they release when spurs sign Dybala, cos obvious he turned us down for them
Wait and see

Sparky Rhiwabon

If this happens, United fans will be coming to games with pitch forks and wanting to burn the Glazers at the stake!

It's a joke that our rivals could be pulling even further away from us.
You have to remember that Spurs are pushing for a title challenge with City and Liverpool their targets. We are battling with Leicester, Wolves, Everton for the 4-6th places. The former needs a different calibre of player and more investment

Infra-red

That's where we are isn't it. What have they done to us?
It's quite some fall from grace. It takes a long time to build a reputation and, apparently, about 6 years to destroy one.

Difficult to see us turning it around with the current ownership/management structure in place.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
They still have won nothing though. And we are still a global brand in Manchester United.

But yeah that would be a snack in the face for Woodward if it happens.
Well yes. That is what we are. We are no longer a football team. We are the Dallas Cowboys of the PL. Sell loads of merchandise but useless at football.

pacifictheme

You are entitled

We’ve made 3 signings this season, we all knew the club weren’t gonna be rebuilt in 1 window, it’s impossible.

I want players who want to play for the club and not a wage packet. If that means waiting for another couple windows then so be it.

The doom and gloom here is astounding. Just because we didnt sign 4,5,6 players we’re immediately crap.

This thread sums up the fans here perfectly

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/let’s-face-it-united-are-a-has-been-club.449540/

2 days prior he made a thread about how great we are and how amazing we’re looking to become:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/can...ebuild-new-core-is-nearing-completion.449419/

Yet because the signings weren’t made, gone from incredibly positive to incredibly negative.

The club simply cannot win
You do realise that the longer we are out the top four the fewer good players will be interested in joining us? By your logic only 3 players in the football world want to join us. I don't care about dybala specifically but we've lost one of our better midfielders and a significant number of goals and have failed to replace either player. How can that be seen as positive?

And don't start prattling on about the kids. This is not 95, they are not the co92 and the team they are coming into isn't a patch on the team that should have won the double the season before. They might come good but relying on them when they've got no real first team experience is far far riskier than what fergie did 24 years ago.

prateik

If Dybala does go to Spurs, will Juve have enough money from that and the Cancelo sale to make a cash + Mandzukic offer for Lukaku?

And will Lukaku be tempted to ditch Inter and go the the (clearly) better club?

ArjenIsM3

If Dybala does go to Spurs, will Juve have enough money from that and the Cancelo sale to make a cash + Mandzukic offer for Lukaku?

And will Lukaku be tempted to ditch Inter and go the the (clearly) better club?
Lukaku to Inter is done man. He's already in Milan, probably undergoing medical tests as we speak.

prateik

His 'demands' was standard United PR

He thinks we are a shit proposition whereas Spurs are upwardly mobile
Nonsense. No one in their right mind will pick Spurs over us.. unless they grew up supporting Spurs.

Liverpool.. big club. won the CL. I get it. City.. best in the country. sure..
Chelsea. maybe..
Spurs? No fecking way.

They have won nothing. They arent winning anything. Just somehow finished in the top 4.

They are placeholders.. Whenever we get our shit together, they are the ones that'll drop out of the top 4.

Eric's Seagull

Finished above us in the league, CL finalists, have a well-regarded manager, based in London. Think a lot of United fans are finding it difficult to accept there’s very little appeal to joining us except for money.
iiiit seemsas our main negotiating
His 'demands' was standard United PR

He thinks we are a shit proposition whereas Spurs are upwardly mobile
Fair point.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Nonsense. No one in their right mind will pick Spurs over us.. unless they grew up supporting Spurs.

Chelsea. maybe..
Spurs? No fecking way.

They are placeholders.. Whenever we get our shit together, they are the ones that'll drop out of the top 4.
All you can cite in favour of United is history

For a 25 year old ambitious player there is no comparison to Spurs

Slysi17

You are entitled

We’ve made 3 signings this season, we all knew the club weren’t gonna be rebuilt in 1 window, it’s impossible.

I want players who want to play for the club and not a wage packet. If that means waiting for another couple windows then so be it.

The doom and gloom here is astounding. Just because we didnt sign 4,5,6 players we’re immediately crap.

This thread sums up the fans here perfectly

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/let’s-face-it-united-are-a-has-been-club.449540/

2 days prior he made a thread about how great we are and how amazing we’re looking to become:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/can...ebuild-new-core-is-nearing-completion.449419/

Yet because the signings weren’t made, gone from incredibly positive to incredibly negative.

The club simply cannot win
Well I hope you enjoy the club finishing 7th to 10th every season with a team that tries hard. I sure damn won't.

Scotty McT

We must have the only fan base in football where people worried about the mess their club is in are mocked by people who believe they’re being better fans but pretending everything is ok. It’s bizarre.
As inane as those people are, you've basically summarised ArsenalFanTV. Pretty much every fan base is going to be like that with the exception of Madrid and Barcelona where they've built a culture of high standards.

Ban

Chelsea. maybe..
Spurs? No fecking way.

They have won nothing. They arent winning anything. Just somehow finished in the top 4.

Let's have a bit of reality.. They have CL football and are a hotter prospect right now.

prateik

All you can cite in favour of United is history

For a 25 year old ambitious player there is no comparison to Spurs
Money. We'll get it right .. at some point. Spurs, unless they get a sugar daddy, are not in the same league.

What ambition is spurs going to fulfil? Do you really think they are going to win anything? They'll probably finish in the top 4.. great.

Werder Herzog

If Spurs pull off the 3 muted signings and we stay as we are then it is depressing- but it just shows you a club with a vision, a new stadium and a long term plan with an owner who clearly cares against a club with owners bleeding the club dry for their own end.

We have to be realistic here, we are 20 years away from a title as it stands. I don't blame Woodward- he is doing what the Glazers tell him to do. They have to go.

On another note i saw Neville having a go at a fan last night for asking him to speak up about the Glazers on twitter, i just cannot fathom how any of the clubs former employees have not highlighted the ruin- there must be some serious non disclosure agreements in place upon termination- its frightening, i think back to Hicks and Gillet at Liverpool - anyone who was anyone to do with Liverpool got behind getting rid of them and their debt peddling ways.

I'll always love my football club- i will watch every game however i can, but we are now a mid table club with a history- thats it, and we have the Glazer family to thank for that.

dove

Chelsea. maybe..
Spurs? No fecking way.

So we have "entitled" fans, how do we call this type of fans? Spurs are a better team right now, why is it so difficult to see how some players would choose them over us?

Kaivalya

Chelsea. maybe..
Spurs? No fecking way.

I'm sorry but you are still under the impression United and Spurs are the same from 2008.

This club for the past 7 years has ceased to compete for major trophies. We are a significantly inferior proposition.

Godfather

Chelsea. maybe..
Spurs? No fecking way.

Spurs will almost certainly finish top 4 again next season plus they just were in a CL finale.
We will most likely not. They have a very good manager who is also Argentine. We have... well Ole.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Money. We'll get it right .. at some point. Spurs, unless they get a sugar daddy, are not in the same league.

What ambition is spurs going to fulfil? Do you really think they are going to win anything? They'll probably finish in the top 4.. great.
When are we going to spend this fabled money?

The Glazers have been here 15 years give or take and have never truly relaxed the purse strings

This is a managed decline, allowing us to stay at the minimum viable level of competitiveness to keep the owners pockets lined

prateik

Lukaku to Inter is done man. He's already in Milan, probably undergoing medical tests as we speak.
Willian to Spurs was done..

Juve want a striker. If Dybala does move, do they have someone else lined up? If not, wouldnt they have contacted Lukaku?

for what little its worth, I dont think Spurs can afford Dybala, so all this is pointless.. but if it does happen, surely Lukaku would rather play for Juventus than Inter.

sparx99

I would rather that as well but I don't see how losing someone who scores 1/4 of our goals without any replacement improves our team.
Well it depends if you think he scored them because of his ability or because of the chances made for him. I fancy Rashford and Greenwood would have scored more with the chances Lukaku had last season. He was so wasteful and so many attacks broke down because despite his size he can’t shield the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.