Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

Fans want to be Champions but most realistic fans would expect at least a push for top 4 this season. We aren't far away and two decent players would give us a fighting chance to get 4th. It certainly won't happen without recruitment.
Correct, unfortunately realistic fans expect something that is not going to happen.

Have you heard Ole recently talking up 5th in the league like that is an achievement?

Clearly there is no plan in the recruitment either, if we were targeting top 4, we would have got 2 players in by now and not wait until deadline day.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Let them have it. We are desperate and every fecker knows it. He wouldn't get ahead of any of the midfielders currently Barca have and he is at his best when played closer to goal. Barca doesnt play like that and they already have Messi and Greizman to play similar roles.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Let them have it. We are desperate and every fecker knows it. He wouldn't get ahead of any of the midfielders currently Barca have and he is at his best when played closer to goal. Barca doesnt play like that and they already have Messi and Greizman to play similar roles.
Griezmann isn't exactly ripping it up, but with his so called passing stats is he a fit for a side who are making a ridiculous amount of passes.

bond19821982

Griezmann isn't exactly ripping it up, but with his so called passing stats is he a fit for a side who are making a ridiculous amount of passes.
He is very average as CM though . I am with Ed on this. He is not worth the 70m+ they are quoting and good luck with the prospective buyers for that amount.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Yes Barcelona definitely need the help of Mendes to turn a player's head away from United.

It's almost as if the entire media are looking to stick the boot in 24 hours a day

DomesticTadpole

He is very average as CM though . I am with Ed on this. He is not worth the 70m+ they are quoting and good luck with the prospective buyers for that amount.
We have another CM out now injured. So surely you look elsewhere and not just spend the whole window playing this out in the press. All they are bothered about is press coverage. It doesn't matter if the team is good or bad, any publicity will do.

bond19821982

We have another CM out now injured. So surely you look elsewhere and not just spend the whole window playing this out in the press. All they are bothered about is press coverage. It doesn't matter if the team is good or bad, any publicity will do.
Ofcourse, I am with you on this. We needed a CM but Fernandes at 70+ may not be the answer.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

ManUtd's 55+10 million bid should be accepted. Player won't go to Barca/Valencia

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Seems eerily similar to the Williams rumour in the summer. New contract incoming.

MAXI GÓMEZ NEWS. - The

@ManUtd
closely follows the benefits of the Uruguayan nine thinking about his project 20/21. - Emissaries of the English club have seen him live this season. - Maxi has 140M clause and contract until June 2024.

DomesticTadpole

Ofcourse, I am with you on this. We needed a CM but Fernandes at 70+ may not be the answer.
There is never any contingency plan. Surely to god they had alternative targets? No, of course they haven't. It will be get rinsed in the summer for over rated English players because they have backbone and growl a lot.

bond19821982

There is never any contingency plan. Surely to god they had alternative targets? No, of course they haven't. It will be get rinsed in the summer for over rated English players because they have backbone and growl a lot.
True that. We will sell Pogba ,chase Saul for 2 months and end up with Longstaff for same amount .Same applies to Sancho as well.

The lack of planning or having viable alternatives is the biggest issue I see here. Not paying what Sporting want is not at all an issue. In fact it happens to all clubs.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Why cant all transfer sagas be like Sander Berge:

He's here for a medical!
Oops

Saga done

DomesticTadpole

True that. We will sell Pogba ,chase Saul for 2 months and end up with Longstaff for same amount .Same applies to Sancho as well.

The lack of planning or having viable alternatives is the biggest issue I see here. Not paying what Sporting want is not at all an issue. In fact it happens to all clubs.
Like you it is the planning and carrying out a plan that irks me, not that I think Bruno is the answer necessarily.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout

Ben Arfa signs for Valladolid on a 5-month contract.

ps. I had no idea that Ronaldo was the owner :eek:

manuchamp88

It's interesting. But I think something has clicked with the fans this season. It's probably the first year it's been abundantly clear that the Glazers have zero interest in the success of Manchester United. Most fans are now seeing that the club refuses to invest in players and has allowed the structure to fail. Each year there was something to be hopeful about. This was the first summer i KNEW for sure we would finish outside the top 4. With Rashford & Pogba out, I think we'll struggle to finish top 10. The current squad is about 15th best in the Premier League given the injuries, & many fans are realizing that the Glazers are absolutely fine with that.
What I don't get is the Glazers are supposedly businessmen, right? They may be ignorant of a lot of things about football but surely even they know the old adage rings true - "you have to spend money to make money" - in this sport? They must surely keep an eye on rival businessmen in the sport? They are handicapping themselves of potential profits made from success.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
What I don't get is the Glazers are supposedly businessmen, right? They may be ignorant of a lot of things about football but surely even they know the old adage rings true - "you have to spend money to make money" - in this sport? They must surely keep an eye on rival businessmen in the sport? They are handicapping themselves of potential profits made from success.
You'd think they would, but so far they've just come off as clueless. Maybe they're not great businessmen, but have been benefiting from the reputable name of Manchester United. How else could we explain the lack of investment and urgency, and more importantly structure adaptability?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
TVI24 have been getting a lot of abuse, but thats mainly because sources like "utdreport" or similar have taken their words and twisted them.

The only ones who've reported what they've said accurately, are Sport Witness.

Who have also received a lot of abuse because people don't understand what they do.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He played last night and didn't seem to look like a player on the verge of leaving to me. No tears. No waving. It's not happening guys.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Is it the same Bruno you are talking about that "flopped massively" at Sampdoria and is playing at "piss poor league" ? :smirk:
Bruno had one season at Sampdoria and it didnt work out for him, Slimani had 4 seasons in a row where it went wrong and 2 of them in the Premier League. So rather than improving as a player the way Bruno did, Slimani has regressed season after season. Hes 3rd choice for Monaco now even though hes been scoring.

VanGaalyTime

Exactly. I'm okay with negotiating what we see as a fair price. But who is our alternative? Surely we've been scouting players since August KNOWING 100% that we would need to invest in January to finish in the top 4? We should have a list of about 10 players and we should know they are available in January. There are so many players across the globe that want to play for us. If we simply show our interest in these high quality players, we can build the perfect team over time.

This current squad isn't even that poor. We just need another two midfielders and a squad striker. It's insane that our owners aren't willing to buy these players, not just because we're fans & want what's best for the team, but it would also protect themselves and their business. If Woodward and the Glazers can't see this they deserve everything that happens over the next few months/years.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Flopping at a club does not mean that you are a bad player.

I agree that it he's far from the type of players we should target, but what should we do if there is no option available this january ? would you be okay with finishing the season with Martial, James, Andreas and Mason in the 3 attacking positions ?

We're clearly in need of numbers and i would argue that as a back up player, having him is definitly better than not.
Just because theres no options available doesnt mean we should take him either. I admit we do need someone but this guy is purely a panic option. Having numbers is not always a good thing either.

Status
Not open for further replies.