Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacckk1985

Thinks we should ban Niall
Can't post links but Daniel Podence seems to be having a medical today at Wolverhamton. As Stone tweeted

Zoo

Piatek more and more towards @HerthaBSC : meeting later to seek total agreement, offered 27 million plus bonus

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Mertens would’ve been a good signing for us. Doubt we’ll get a forward in this window.

Maajid

Formerly Mad
If Mertens is available we should be throwing the kitchen sink at that deal he's and incredibly talented striker and experienced too, exactly what we need.
He might just be better than any forward at the club right now.

croadyman

He might just be better than any forward at the club right now.
Yeah we should be all over this but maybe he wants champions league football and the London lifestyle.

Would be such a shame if Bruno comes in and we don't bring in an experienced forward/striker on a loan basis to finish those chances he can create.

There was some talk yesterday of us being interested in Maxi Gomez and him being our number striker target for the summer,however don't know how true that was as only saw it from one source.

The Jovic to Utd on loan stuff has never really materialised which is a pity because would have been quality option until at least the summer.

I know people will probably laugh but if we could have got Bruno & Haaland in this window would have been our best January one since Vidic & Evra in 06.

Last edited:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
If Mertens was 4 years younger then I'll be all for it but now ? nah. Good player,no doubt, but at his age, plus his wages,fee and adaptation to a quicker league I'm not sure its a risk we can afford to take at the present time.

Plus,for this reason it seems like such a Chelsea move. He fits their profile much better.

The No.10!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">As per others, Marcos Rojo on loan to Estudiantes looks as though it will happen. Expecting Bruno Fernandes to fly into Manchester today.</p>&mdash; Simon Stone (@sistoney67) <a href="">January 29, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bocca9978

[/QUOTE]
This guy really has a thing for London.
Crystal Palace after Spurs.

Uniquim

Bizarre to get another young keeper in really.
Guessing 1-2 of O'Hara / Fojticek / Woolston is leaving in the summer, and we need another body for the U23s. Possibly a long-term second-choice.

Think James Carney is making the step up to U23s next season as well. so unless someone is leaving, we'll have way too many keepers on our hands.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">As per others, Marcos Rojo on loan to Estudiantes looks as though it will happen. Expecting Bruno Fernandes to fly into Manchester today.</p>&mdash; Simon Stone (@sistoney67) <a href="">January 29, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Woah,what's going on here?

Cantonagotmehere

Mostly agree, except that at some point it clearly looked like we were going to release him at the end of his contract and he was critical of Ole. Now we want to tie him into a new contract.

And the same applies to Alexis.

What a fecking joke!
Isn't it just for 1 more year? I'd think he'd be a good squad player for next year? I could be wrong on the contract length.

The Alexis comment was very weird, agreed, I never want to see him in red again.

Status
Not open for further replies.