g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

A bunch of different Roma-related transfer news here:
  • Pau Lopez's future is up in the air.
  • Santon refuses Besiktas.
  • Diego Perotti continues his negotiations with Fenerbahce.
  • Everton is inquiring about Florenzi.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Oh jeez this sounds like they are not going to be selling many players this summer either
I think that's only worst case scenario. I think the budget can afford Sancho plus cheap around 10m-15m centre back. But that's the main reason why we had 7 centre backs and need to sell them first before buy new one. Smalling is 20m, Bailly probably also about the same 20m. Rojo & Jones combined for 5m. Pretty much 55m or 60m to sign top defender.

Giggsyking

Sancho would be willing to tell Dortmund that he wants to leave this summer but only once United have made a realistic offer.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Sancho would be willing to tell Dortmund that he wants to leave this summer but only once United have made a realistic offer.
Full quote mentions it originated from Sky sadly.
Sancho has begun pre-season with Dortmund, with the Bundesliga side saying he is under contract until 2023, not the previous year. But now Sky Sports are reporting that Sancho would be willing to tell Dortmund that he wants to leave this summer but only once United have made a realistic offer.

Giggsyking

He won't be signed as a Sancho alternative but rather as someone to give us depth according to reports.

Surely you wouldn't turn him down for those reasons.
We are not signing two players in the same position in one window with cash problems and many other deficiencies in the squad.

croadyman

We are not signing two players in the same position in one window with cash problems and many other deficiencies in the squad.
Unless of course the plan is for him to be a backup to Bruno and we still go for Jadon as well,now that I could definitely get on board with but does look to be a RW though.

E-mal

He won't be signed as a Sancho alternative but rather as someone to give us depth according to reports.

Surely you wouldn't turn him down for those reasons.
How do you reckon we sign both?
Brooks ant good enough for whatever purpose, better save that cash for something else. Get a LB or even a RB or a CDM. That fee is excessive for a squad player.

Nick7

How do you reckon we sign both?
Brooks ant good enough for whatever purpose, better save that cash for something else. Get a LB or even a RB or a CDM. That fee is excessive for a squad player.
What fee?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Maybe not, but we're gonna sign one and with the market affected by Covid we need to adopt a very shrewd policy.

Brooks can play either wing and as a #10. He would be bought instead of Grealish not Sancho and the Welshman would provide fantastic options to Solskjaer tactically and as far as squad depth goes.

croadyman

Maybe not, but we're gonna sign one and with the market affected by Covid we need to adopt a very shrewd policy.

Brooks can play either wing and as a #10. He would be bought instead of Grealish not Sancho and the Welshman would provide fantastic options to Solskjaer tactically and as far as squad depth goes.
Really hope that is who he's an alternative to and not Jadon which I fear is the case

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Really hope that is who he's an alternative to and not Jadon which I fear is the case
Brooks makes far more sense than Grealish because he will be significantly cheaper and might even allow us to stretch our covid affected budget further.

This is my type of transfer if I'm honest. And a very sensible approach to building a strong squad.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Williams, Dalot, TFM, Laird and as we've always done we could try one of our CBs there like Mengi.

Plenty good enough as a stand in. We've never had a quality backup in full back positions and very few teams do these days either.
Williams is a left back. I’ve already addressed Dalot and TFM and Laird is yet to get a first team app. A back up isn’t essential but we’re definitely not covered there should AWB get injured.

croadyman

Wondering if Ole isn't targeting a target man type goalscorer because we haven't got the players to deliver a decent cross into the box

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Apparently, Dortmund sent us message about Sancho. So they will still sell.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If we manage to get the third spot next season I’d consider our season a success. It takes time to build a winning team and given the current economic crisis it might take us an extra year before we seriously should see ourselves as a title contender. So far I am happy with the strategy of taking small steps towards the top
Absolutely. 3rd again would be a pretty good return for us. Chelsea are going to be much much stronger though so I reckon we might finish 4th unless we do something decent this window.

I'd be really disappointed with anything less than 4th and that would mean Ole had to go for me.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Apparently, Dortmund sent us message about Sancho. So they will still sell.

They have sent out this message weeks ago. It's amazing how that fraud re-sells old info as "news" again and again and again, and desperate muppets keep falling for it.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
They have sent out this message weeks ago. It's amazing how that fraud re-sells old info as "news" again and again and again, and desperate muppets keep falling for it.
If I’m not mistaken United and Dortmund never had any contact before, Dortmund was using third party agent as a bridge between the club.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Absolutely. 3rd again would be a pretty good return for us. Chelsea are going to be much much stronger though so I reckon we might finish 4th unless we do something decent this window.

I'd be really disappointed with anything less than 4th and that would mean Ole had to go for me.
I wouldn’t hold Chelsea in such high regard as yet. Their defence isn’t reliable to begin with.

Also - I have a very strong feeling that the newcomers (Ziyech, Werner + Havertz potentially) will take time to settle in the PL. I don’t see them coming in and just banging in goals/assists right away. Even Pulisic needed time to adapt.

Hence why I believe we may just beat them to 3rd spot if we can broaden our squad depth.

NK86

There you go Utd they want instalments not addons
How do you infer that? It seems BVB don't even want installments, but a lumpsum. Feck them if that's the case. Let them enjoy the issues of Covid while we get on to other targets.

saivet

People keep asking him the same questions, so he just has the same answers.

Not sure he's tweeted anything new about this in a while.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
He keeps getting asked this question every single day. He's just repeating the answers to people who keep pestering him for updates. In truth, there are no updates, and he sometimes states this explicitly as replies to others.

Case in point:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
How do you infer that? It seems BVB don't even want installments, but a lumpsum. Feck them if that's the case. Let them enjoy the issues of Covid while we get on to other targets.
No one really knows what kind of offer Dortmund would be able to accept (yes, not even Romano). All we know is that they want 120 million Euros without add-ons. I'm guessing that United are currently working on a payment structure without add-ons that would still allow us to have enough cash this summer.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
This was already reported by Sky Germany, but it seems like a Bild article by Falk has more info on what apparently went down.

The article:

It's behind a paywall, so I can't say what it's about.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
On a side note, also from Bild:

Apparently, he wasn't interested in going to Hertha Berlin, which is why those negotiations broke down.

Now that'd be a win-win situation for everyone (except Hertha).

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
On an unrelated note, whilst the Caf waits for Sancho day (and proclaims every day as such as a result), today will apparently be the day that Gabriel decides on his new club (according to Bouhafsi a few days ago).

On that note, I'm off to bed. Let's see what I wake up to in a few hours.

dev1l

If I m not wrong (I m not as "knowledgeable" as most experts here :)) he can play both right wing and as attacking midfielder. So he can be a backup for Bruno too.
And I m not worried because he s "Welsh" as some of experts over here.:). Nor because his side was relegated (on the last day of a season in which he missed most of it due to an injury). :)
BTW according to the media some days ago, Liverpool were also interested.

dev1l

On an unrelated note, whilst the Caf waits for Sancho day (and proclaims every day as such as a result), today will apparently be the day that Gabriel decides on his new club (according to Bouhafsi a few days ago).

On that note, I'm off to bed. Let's see what I wake up to in a few hours.
Good night

Mark Pawelek

If I m not wrong (I m not as "knowledgeable" as most experts here :)) he can play both right wing and as attacking midfielder. So he can be a backup for Bruno too.
And I m not worried because he s "Welsh" as some of experts over here.:). Nor because his side was relegated (on the last day of a season in which he missed most of it due to an injury). :)
BTW according to the media some days ago, Liverpool were also interested.
I'm worried United are thinking a signing him for money. The talk should be over a loan with an option to buy (for about about £10m if the loan works out). He's been out of football for a whole year due to a serious injury. He's yet to show he can replicate his pre-injury form.

PS: Brooks is Championship level. Promoted WBA are about to finalize the signing of Matheus Pereira, aged 24, for €10m after a good season on loan from Sporting Lisbon after he got 8 goals plus 16 assists for them in the Championship.

Last edited:

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
People complain that we spend too much on players or we take too long buying marquee signings, if that wasn’t stupid enough, they also complain about potentially signing players like Brooks, but THEN & here’s the real kicker, state “why can’t United sign players under the radar like Andy Robertson and get him on the cheap, a real gem”

This forum man! haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.