Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

dev1l

People complain that we spend too much on players or we take too long buying marquee signings, if that wasn’t stupid enough, they also complain about potentially signing players like Brooks, but THEN & here’s the real kicker, state “why can’t United sign players under the radar like Andy Robertson and get him on the cheap, a real gem”

This forum man! haha!
The "Experts" over here tend to prefer overhyped players - usually the hype is either generated by their agent or else by the clubs, some of which have become marketing machines

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
That happens more than I would like. Oh a lot of clubs seem to after that player, maybe we should plan to take a peek as well.
You see this sorta post grinds my gears too!

If you really think a team like Man Utd or ANY professional team would do that you are deluded.

Could it occur to you that Man Utds interest only appeared later and the press got wind of it later? Or United’s name is being thrown around to raise the price?

This is Man Utd, we would have a list of players all throughout the season and not just jump on a bandwagon.

Also we’ve been linked with Gabriel for at least a month now and before Arsenal came into the fold.

Withnail

Williams is a left back. I’ve already addressed Dalot and TFM and Laird is yet to get a first team app. A back up isn’t essential but we’re definitely not covered there should AWB get injured.
Williams is a RB playing at LB and Laird should get more appearances next season. He got a start against Astana and probably would have got more appearances this season but for injuries.

Its actually LB where we have no depth as Williams doesn't seem comfortable over-lapping or crossing with his left foot. He may improve in that regard but at the moment he's a bit of a square peg in a round hole.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Williams is a RB playing at LB and Laird should get more appearances next season. He got a start against Astana and probably would have got more appearances this season but for injuries.

Its actually LB where we have no depth as Williams doesn't seem comfortable over-lapping or crossing with his left foot. He may improve in that regard but at the moment he's a bit of a square peg in a round hole.
He played at left back for most of his final youth team season as well didn’t he? Of course he’s right footed but that doesn’t automatically make him a left back. He’s been very good there for his age in his breakthrough season.

Mihai

They have sent out this message weeks ago. It's amazing how that fraud re-sells old info as "news" again and again and again, and desperate muppets keep falling for it.
How is that news? Romano answered a question. Don't be obtuse.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
How is that news? Romano answered a question. Don't be obtuse.
Bit of common sense as simple as that. He was asked about Sancho and he answered what he knows. Somehow people are offended that he is posting old news.

Last edited:

Craig Ward

We need an option at RB if Wan Bissaka get injured. I’m sure Max Aaron’s would be happy to sit on the bench. He’s young and English so even if it didnt work out someone will buy him off us.
Great logic. Lets just buy every average English player to sit on the bench while we're at it.

Jesus wept.

We have AWB / Williams / Dalot / and hopes for Laird coming through.

We dont need to sign a FB in this window when we need to focus on other areas

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Bit of common sense as simple as that. He was asked about Sancho and he answered what he knows. Someone people are offended that he is posting old news.
Similar to what happened over the weekend with Andy Mitten. There was the stuff about that young winger who seemingly announced his own move to United which was reported from one of the journalists in his own country. Andy looked into it with his United contacts and they all said "nothing in this, not true".

Andy tweets out what he had found out, then gets huge amounts of abuse because the club president also said something about the move being on.

Turned out the president was talking bollocks as was the player and Andy was correct. You can count on no hands the number of absolutely mental cnuts who apologised to Andy.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Similar to what happened over the weekend with Andy Mitten. There was the stuff about that young winger who seemingly announced his own move to United which was reported from one of the journalists in his own country. Andy looked into it with his United contacts and they all said "nothing in this, not true".

Andy tweets out what he had found out, then gets huge amounts of abuse because the club president also said something about the move being on.

Turned out the president was talking bollocks as was the player and Andy was correct. You can count on no hands the number of absolutely mental cnuts who apologised to Andy.
Yeah, there was funny tweet too "Delete it Andy before it goes viral".

Also bit of common sense also shows nothing is binary. For example, journalists who said James to Leeds is a done deal were speaking nonsense? Finally it didn't happen but the info these journalists got would be player is having medical and giving interview which means deal was as good as done.

Likewise Romano said Silva to Lazio is close but he ended up signing for Real Sociedad, it doesn't mean Romano was BSing, Lazio DoF confirmed deal was close and then Silva didn't bother to respond to calls.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yes, he answered a question. And some people are taking his answer as a new development, as evidenced here
There was never a news about Dortmund sent message to United. No one know whether Dortmund sent message to United.

All the news were reported weeks ago were Dortmund doesn't want to sell and only selling for 120m euro but they never tell us that directly, they only said it through media not directly to United.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Great logic. Lets just buy every average English player to sit on the bench while we're at it.

Jesus wept.

We have AWB / Williams / Dalot / and hopes for Laird coming through.

We dont need to sign a FB in this window when we need to focus on other areas
We need a LB. Williams is a RB and should be used there to rotate with AWB so neither end up exhausted at the business end of the season, so less mistakes. Dalot is always injured and does not impress when he does play, hence being hauled off. Shaw is good but again is always injured which has cost us in the end. Laird is a kid who will get cup games to show what he can do.

Withnail

He played at left back for most of his final youth team season as well didn’t he? Of course he’s right footed but that doesn’t automatically make him a left back. He’s been very good there for his age in his breakthrough season.

Yeah he switched to the left for one season and was then promoted to the first team. It doesn't mean he's comfortable there though.

Obviously that doesn't mean he can't adapt either but I think it's a big ask for a young player.

I'd much rather a left footed full back on the left and vice versa.

Anyway this is all fairly off-topic at this stage.

sparx99

Wondering if Ole isn't targeting a target man type goalscorer because we haven't got the players to deliver a decent cross into the box
We should be looking for low crosses and passes into the box with our forward line and midfield.

sparx99

Yeah he switched to the left for one season and was then promoted to the first team. It doesn't mean he's comfortable there though.

Obviously that doesn't mean he can't adapt either but I think it's a big ask for a young player.

I'd much rather a left footed full back on the left and vice versa.

Anyway this is all fairly off-topic at this stage.
I’d rather a left footer at Left back particularly as we have a right footed winger in Rashford.

despite that lahm was great with ribery for years so it can work.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I’d rather a left footer at Left back particularly as we have a right footed winger in Rashford.

Lahm was an exceptional player plus I think they had a left footed defender on the right so balanced it out IIRC
Edit: David Alaba played a lot with Lahm. That’s some full back combo

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München

Ribery was a nearly ambidextrous master dribbler. Going down to the line before lobbing it in with his left foot was always an option for him. And the very moment we had a capable left-footed LB in Alaba, Lahm was immediately shifted.
Inverted FBs are always a crutch

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
People complain that we spend too much on players or we take too long buying marquee signings, if that wasn’t stupid enough, they also complain about potentially signing players like Brooks, but THEN & here’s the real kicker, state “why can’t United sign players under the radar like Andy Robertson and get him on the cheap, a real gem”

This forum man! haha!
People assume the caf should speak with one voice or that it cannot make up its mind, if that wasn't stupid enough they also complain that there are a huge variety of opinions about potentially signing players, but THEN & here's the real kicker, there's actually hundreds of different people from all over the world posting here regularly so of course you're going to get pretty much every opinion under the sun.

This UnitedSofa man! haha!

Withnail

People assume the caf should speak with one voice or that it cannot make up its mind, if that wasn't stupid enough they also complain that there are a huge variety of opinions about potentially signing players, but THEN & here's the real kicker, there's actually hundreds of different people from all over the world posting here regularly so of course you're going to get pretty much every opinion under the sun.

Different people have different opinions now????

Brophs

The One and Only

Indeed. You can always tell when people have no point at all when they say things like “Typical of the Caf”.

sparx99

Lahm was an exceptional player plus I think they had a left footed defender on the right so balanced it out IIRC
Edit: David Alaba played a lot with Lahm. That’s some full back combo
yeah I mean the pre-Alaba years when Lahm played Left back for Bayern and Germany.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

Yet there would be a general consensus that I read on here a lot that Woodward and Co, don't know what they're doing and that they know better, why isn't Woodward doing this, why isn't Woodward doing that.

Especially with the Sancho deal, a deal worth potentially £108M and they want it done, complete, signed sealed delivered within days. Which is never going to happen.

Then Woodward and Co, seemingly do something of the ilk that they were complaining about and then that's wrong too. (Signing good players for the cheap)

Especially with signings there is a lot of hypocrisy, posters want a gem of a player bought on the cheap, but at the same time, because they haven't lit up the world are completely against signing them.

How can the club win?

Of course there is going to be different opinions, but don't complain that the club isn't doing what other teams are doing (singing gems of players) and then when the club are linked with players that aren't well known or a hype player for some reason the club now shows no real intent to get ahead or get close to the top 2 teams, or the club is tightening the purse strings.

It makes no sense. It's what they wanted!

sparx99

Ribery was a nearly ambidextrous master dribbler. Going down to the line before lobbing it in with his left foot was always an option for him. And the very moment we had a capable left-footed LB in Alaba, Lahm was immediately shifted.
Inverted FBs are always a crutch
Oh for sure. I was just pointing out if you play inside forwards like we have with Rashford on the left then you really want a left back holding the width to be left footed.
Equally if you have a traditional winger staying wide then an inverted full back can make nice underlapping runs (see Giggs and Irwin)

Cliche Guevara

There was never a news about Dortmund sent message to United. No one know whether Dortmund sent message to United.

All the news were reported weeks ago were Dortmund doesn't want to sell and only selling for 120m euro but they never tell us that directly, they only said it through media not directly to United.
Yeah but it doesn’t mean they literally sent us a message, like passing a note in the classroom.

Come on mate, don’t be so literal. It’s like sending someone a signal - it doesn’t mean you’ve shined a massive spotlight in the sky in the shape of a bat...

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yeah but it doesn’t mean they literally sent us a message, like passing a note in the classroom.

Come on mate, don’t be so literal. It’s like sending someone a signal - it doesn’t mean you’ve shined a massive spotlight in the sky in the shape of a bat...
What I meant was Dortmund finally directly talked to United not using third party or through media anymore.

Cliche Guevara

What I meant was Dortmund finally directly talked to United not using third party or through media anymore.
Yeah but there’s no indication that happened. That’s my point.

He’s basically just saying Dortmund have consistently said they want €120m. You’re taking it too literally.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yeah but there’s no indication that happened. That’s my point.

He’s basically just saying Dortmund have consistently said they want €120m. You’re taking it too literally.
Clearly the tweet said it. I don't know what you are arguing here or you didn't read it.

If it's only 120m euro thing I wouldn't post it here but the fact that Dortmund is actually telling us directly is the reason I posted it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.