Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Didn’t they want silly money for Ighalo years ago and ended up losing him for next to nothing later on? Ironically I love Ighalo now but not sure he was ever worth 40 million plus. Admittedly I’ve not seen much of Sarr.
That's roughly what they paid for him. They might as well try to get their money back.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Something about Messi -- he's 30 something goals from Pele's record of most goals for a single club. I reckon he'd quite like that honour.
Yeah you suspect he'll only move to a giggles league for a year or so right at the end.
No way does he risk having to prove himself at another top club now. It'd have only risk attached.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
City clearly going all out for the title and more. Kouillbally + Laporte puts them in with a real chance of taking the title back from the dippers.

We are playing for 3rd with Chelsea again I reckon. Not a cat in hells chance we are getting close to the top 2 again.

Nick7

City clearly going all out for the title and more. Kouillbally + Laporte puts them in with a real chance of taking the title back from the dippers.

We are playing for 3rd with Chelsea again I reckon. Not a cat in hells chance we are getting close to the top 2 again.
I don’t think that was ever a real possibility.

cyberman

Koulibaly has fallen off a cliff though. Its 2 years too late

Zoo

It’s a risk. Koulibaly is getting on, hasn’t been good this season and that’s a lot of money.

Onerealunited

If we manage to get the third spot next season I’d consider our season a success. It takes time to build a winning team and given the current economic crisis it might take us an extra year before we seriously should see ourselves as a title contender. So far I am happy with the strategy of taking small steps towards the top

Zoo

Unless he means that we just contacted agents and stopped there because we weren't interested, that means we were late, surely.
I think we just want to be kept informed of developments in case we decide to make a move. Seems Arsenal and Napoli are far more interested at the moment.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Still early in the window right? I thought signings were only needed to be made during final weeks.

Josep Dowling

I think we just want to be kept informed of developments in case we decide to make a move. Seems Arsenal and Napoli are far more interested at the moment.
It doesn’t put the club in a favourable light to the player does it? ‘Keep us informed just in case our number one target doesn’t sign for us’. It’s why we have missed out on so many players when our first target doesn’t sign.

Josep Dowling

Never seen Sport Witness report on a transfer before. Strange.
Described in the article as an alternative to Sancho. I think there’s a colossal difference in quality between the two players. Ones world class at 20, the others just got relegated to the Championship.

Amarsdd

It doesn’t put the club in a favourable light to the player does it? ‘Keep us informed just in case our number one target doesn’t sign for us’. It’s why we have missed out on so many players when our first target doesn’t sign.
better than starting from zero when the number one target doesn't work out.

Last edited:

NJM78

Described in the article as an alternative to Sancho. I think there’s a colossal difference in quality between the two players. Ones world class at 20, the others just got relegated to the Championship.
Sancho to Brooks would be shockingly underwhelming.

izec

Us, no. Chelsea i wouldn't dismiss, depending on who they buy. They seem more active and busy. They might close the gap quite a bit

Dong Fangzhuo

Would be very happy with Brooks, though I'd hope he'd be more of a Lingard/Pereira replacement to improve the quality of the squad depth rather than a Sancho/A.N.Other starting RW alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.