Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The article says

- Joel Glazer reluctant to folk out the asked amount for Sancho
- Brooks an alternative to Grealish but no contact as yet
- Interest remains in Grealish and Upamecano

Cone 5th October with very little done, expect a briefing.

Smithy89

We can do things in the market that other clubs can't - Ed Squidward everyone.

Dante

Average bang
I completely agree. Plus he would be cheaper than Grealish. I seriously don't get our British obsession. Just focusing on signing British players is stupid.
I don't think I've ever seen a post from you where you're not obsessing about Britishness.

El-Manos

Sancho, Grealish, Upa + new LB and we’d be up there. Would also cost us about 300m :lol:. That’s what city would do it they were in our position.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
The briefings have begun. Expect the repeat of 2018 transfer window.

onemanarmy

Sancho, Grealish, Upa + new LB and we’d be up there. Would also cost us about 300m :lol:. That’s what city would do it they were in our position.
With the sales of Smalling, Lingard, Jones, Rojo, Dalot, Romero... we should be able to recoup about 60m I guess. We would save money in wages too I guess, after the sale of Sanchez. Still an awful lot of money.

gorky_utd

So we are scouting upamecano? We are still interested in grealish ? We want sancho also. Probably means we are not buying anyone this window and this is just a briefing to keep the fans happy.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Think that's a bit of a cop out, we've watched Dayot for years and he would know that as well. Click baity.
Dayot signed a new deal which mean he has no release clause anymore, the article might have a good point about us keep watching him since his new release clause active next year.

Mark Pawelek

Not entirely; there is method in this madness - culturely and climately (is this a word?), some of the British academies are giving the youth players a fantastic football diet as a baseline (a good balance of technical and physical focus), it's easier and cheaper to scout them and they are less likely to want to play abroad when a super club comes in for them if the develop into a fantastic player.
So buying British is a fear-driven (precaution first) policy because of what happened with CR7 and Di Maria?

prateik

We have about 25-30 home games a season.. some cup games are not even fully sold out..
We havent lost 150m from match day ticket sales... We might by the time crowds are allowed back.. but most clubs will have serious losses..

The london clubs have pretty expensive tickets.. Even clubs with smaller grounds will lose 60-70% of what we are losing..

Its hardly a problem unique to United.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Dayot signed a new deal which mean he has no release clause anymore, the article might have a good point about us keep watching him since his new release clause active next year.
Yeah, but my point is we've kept tabs on him since before he was 16. I doubt we would have ever stopped.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I think he could possibly be signed this summer to be honest. The new deal probably protected him for the UCL. However the clause next year is lower than it was this year which is odd.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think he could possibly be signed this summer to be honest. The new deal probably protected him for the UCL. However the clause next year is lower than it was this year which is odd.
It's not odd. This has been done with some clubs especially in Bundesliga. Club makes an agreement to the player to stay one more season and can leave next year with less release clause fees.

OleGunnar20

If Bernadeshi is up for sale would he be a decent backup option to Sancho given that seems to have hit a wall?

Remember him being highly rated and he was a left footed RW if I remember rightly? Haven't seen him at Juve that I can remember mind.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The article says

- Joel Glazer reluctant to folk out the asked amount for Sancho
- Brooks an alternative to Grealish but no contact as yet
- Interest remains in Grealish and Upamecano

Yeah this article is definitely based on facts and not at all capitalising on the anti-Glazer sentiment on Twitter recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.