g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Not sure about the reliability of the source
Not sure if the Barca link is real but I think a fresh start will help Stones massively. He has a lot of 'baggage' in the UK of his own doing regarding his ex missus but I think that's been having an impact on him. Get away from England, start afresh in a league like that which suits your style of play and I think he could have a decent latter half of a career.

United58

Not sure if this counts as a transfer tweet but Egan has been linked with a move away for a while now so this is great news for us
I work with a guy who knows John very well, he'll be delighted!

Any idea what kind of wage he's on?

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Yeah exactly. Didnt work out for him when he was here under Van Gaal, but he's matured massively since then and seems to be living up to the hype that used to surround it. Its no surprise that teams like Barca and Dortmund are after him.
I agree. I think he’ll perform much better in the current setup. It suits him more.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Now we’re involved in a saga it’s obviously going to drag on and on.

Sigma

Definitely take this but don't see it happening if he has offers from Italy. Not sure of he has any level of English but seems a bit late in his career to make a move to a new country, culture, language if like I said he can go back to Italy.
He's 22. How is that late in his career for anything?

EDIT: Oh sorry for some reason I thought you were talking about Gabriel. Anyway I would say my point still stands, people move abroad all the time. As long as you are motivated to do so, I think you can do it at any age.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
With Leeds finding it difficult to get Ben White (further exacerbated by Celtic looking to buy Shane Duffy), they've now turned their attention to Robin Koch of Freiburg.

@The Boy

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I'd have to disagree. In the same way Martial likes to drop into pockets of space and link the play, Depay does too. As for playing as a lone striker, he does this regularly for Netherlands, and I'm sure he has played up top on his own for Lyon, too.
Yes but he doesnt have Martials skillset

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
He's 22. How is that late in his career for anything?

EDIT: Oh sorry for some reason I thought you were talking about Gabriel. Anyway I would say my point still stands, people move abroad all the time. As long as you are motivated to do so, I think you can do it at any age.
I wouldn't bother if I was him unless I had intentions of living in England beyond my playing career. The inconvenience at his age (not just about him wrt age either but he is at that age more likely to have school-going children to consider wrt languages) is just not worth it for a maximum of two years in my opinion.

Sigma

I wouldn't bother if I was him unless I had intentions of living in England beyond my playing career. The inconvenience at his age (not just about him wrt age either but he is at that age more likely to have school-going children to consider wrt languages) is just not worth it for a maximum of two years in my opinion.
Yeah it depends on the person, but of course people are different. He might see it as some sort of adventure for a few years to try something he hasn't before. I think that would be my view if I was him.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I mean, if his family lives in Paris, London isn't exactly a 7 hour flight away. I hear what you're saying, it's not just a football decision sometimes, and he has to weigh his football ambitions against what he wants for his family. He could make it work though, between Paris and London.

Last edited:

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
I work with a guy who knows John very well, he'll be delighted!

Any idea what kind of wage he's on?
Not sure really but I think he’ll be captain this season so should be a big boost from what he was on before. £8000 a week on his last contract I believe.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Good for Brighton. I really like them and Potter. This could mean movement on the Ben White side of things, unless it is Duffy who is off. If Brighton keep hold of white to pair with Dunk or even be 2 of 3 at the back with Webster/Veltman they will be fairly solid.
There were rumours of Duffy going to Celtic I think

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah it depends on the person, but of course people are different. He might see it as some sort of adventure for a few years to try something he hasn't before. I think that would be my view if I was him.
I mean, if his family lives in Paris, London isn't exactly a 7 hour flight away. I hear what you're saying, it's not just a football decision sometimes, and he has weigh to his football ambitions against what he wants for his family. He could make it work though, between Paris and London.
Both true and valid and there is a big Brazilian community in London too. I might be emotionally hedging as i'd love to sign him so convincing myself it isn't realistic but people that have lived for lengthy periods in Italy tend to just fall in love with the place and that's a strong pull.

Fingers crossed, he'd be a great signing on a two year deal.

Riz

Not sure if this counts as a transfer tweet but Egan has been linked with a move away for a while now so this is great news for us
Great news for you lot, he was very good last season from what I saw.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Did see something about that. Would have to be a bucket list, childhood dream type thing i'd imagine if he went there because he is way too good to be going there for a few years yet.
Yeah, I agree. Would make sense though if he's been told he's not going to be first choice anymore if they're going with White/Dunk (+Webster in a 3)

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Lewis Dunk signs a new 5-year contract with Brighton.
Surprised by this but really pleased. Born and bred Brighton boy and has been immense for us (apart from that season when he was in our top scorers but his were own goals!)
Guess this means Duffy is definitely off, now just wait to see if White signs his new contract...

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Both true and valid and there is a big Brazilian community in London too. I might be emotionally hedging as i'd love to sign him so convincing myself it isn't realistic but people that have lived for lengthy periods in Italy tend to just fall in love with the place and that's a strong pull.

Fingers crossed, he'd be a great signing on a two year deal.
I think if you're Silva and you're offered one last chance to play at the highest level, in a league I imagine he's probably always wanted to experience, it's tough to turn that down in favour of a middle of the road team like Fiorentina. He has the rest of his life to settle down in any country he chooses.

E-mal

This Gabriel guy is nothing special, why is he trying to form as though he is prime Baresi.

I am pretty sure we are not in for him and he should count himself lucky that Arsenal are even interested.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Why cant they play together? He'd be a good player to learn from
They might be able to, but the stories from Fabrizio Romano and Jacob Steinberg (has Chelsea connections) have been that Chelsea are looking to loan out Fikayo Tomori with Rennes interested in him. They also need to sell defenders before they can buy/get any (i.e. sell left backs to bring in new left backs or sell centre backs to get in new centre backs).

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Chelsea will have Thiago Silva next season as our best centre-back breaks rocks in Greek prison. Next season's going to suck.
They're welcome to him. A 36 year old Silva would not last the course in the PL.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I am pretty sure we are not in for him and he should count himself lucky that Arsenal are even interested.
We contacted his agents, though, and we wouldn't do that if weren't interested in him. The difference between us and Arsenal/Napoli is that we haven't gotten in touch with Lille whilst the others have.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Why cant they play together? He'd be a good player to learn from
Good question, seemingly the perfect idea. No idea why we're trying to sell Tomori given his performances when he played. Maybe something else going on though no one knows what exactly.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Good question, seemingly the perfect idea. No idea why we're trying to sell Tomori given his performances when he played. Maybe something else going on though no one knows what exactly.
Only talk about Tomori I've heard is a loan. Nobody is saying we're selling him.

Status
Not open for further replies.