Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Huh, here's something new: Felipe Anderson might leave West Ham with both Lazio and Arsenal targeting him.
Still a talented player? He's probably their most talented player. I thought the whole team struggled last season..

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
If that's what he wants then he should stay in Inter Milan buying all our deadwood players. :lol:
Maybe that's his plan all along, get rid of the deadwood by infiltrating another club, clearing the slate for his arrival. Visionary.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
As confirmed yesterday, there's nothing in the rumours that Bellerin and Rugani would swap clubs. Additionally, Juve have not made any progress on obtaining Lacazette from Arsenal.

ti vu

So about £35m for Bakayoko. Brilliant. That's about 90% of the initial fee we paid for him.
How much Chelsea paid for him again? Reminder Milan paid Chelsea 5m euro for the previous loan.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
How much Chelsea paid for him again? Reminder Milan paid Chelsea 5m euro for the previous loan.
According to Transfermarkt, it's 40 million Euros. However, I also found a Telegraph article that made the transfer fee to be 40 million Pounds. Make of that what you will.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It was £40m. He's a decent player and I hope he goes on to do well for himself in Italy, but he was a terrible buy for us. I'm glad we're recouping most of it back.

-Supreme-

It was £40m. He's a decent player and I hope he goes on to do well for himself in Italy, but he was a terrible buy for us. I'm glad we're recouping most of it back.
It's not a done deal yet as Milan could still pull out of this agreement next year.

With his current contract runs out in 2022 so he'd have only 1 year's left when his loan finishes next year.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

Interestingly, the one consistent message from Dortmund has been that Sancho will stick around for at least one more season. I think they want more suitors to come in for him to make this a bidding war.
It's beginning to sound like this isn't happening. Or that BVB genuinely have no financial need to sell this year.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
It's beginning to sound like this isn't happening. Or that BVB genuinely have no financial need to sell this year.
Posturing IMO. They don't need to sell this year, but they're not likely to earn enough as a club next year without selling him, to turn a profit.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Posturing IMO. They don't need to sell this year, but I they're not likely to earn enough as a club next year without selling him to turn a profit.
I guess even SAF came out with similar before he sanctioned selling Ronaldo to Madrid.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I doubt that Dortmund would give up their strong position. The ball's been in our court for a while. It's up to the club to submit another offer if they haven't already or for Dortmund's agents to stop screwing around.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I guess even SAF came out with similar before he sanctioned selling Ronaldo to Madrid.
Yeah and it's not like that was at a point we posted a loss and also in COVID world where our revenues have dropped. Think they'll need to sell and Sanchos their best hope of income that will sort them out. Maybe they'll sell others, but I'm not sure.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I doubt that Dortmund would give up their strong position. The ball's been in our court for a while. It's up to the club to submit another offer if they haven't already or for Dortmund's agents to stop screwing around.
I genuinely dont think we have the cashflow this year. If we dont, BVB will also know this by now. Which would mean there is an impasse and can only proceed if BVB blink before end of window.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It's not a done deal yet as Milan could still pull out of this agreement next year.

With his current contract runs out in 2022 so he'd have only 1 year's left when his loan finishes next year.
I misread it as obligation to buy. Chelsea have to insist on that, in my opinion. An option to buy makes no sense as he'd be worth half of that if Milan pass on the option.

Mark Pawelek

I've not seen him play I admit but I looked at his stats and he doesn't appear any good at the price rumoured.

Is he any better than Bailly for example? I don't see the point in signing him from all the stuff I've read.
  1. Gabriel is left-footed. United won't have a left-footed CB after Rojo leaves. Gabriel would be our #5 and Maguire the #4.
  2. Gabriel is not as rash as Bailly and gives fewer fouls away. So fewer free kicks to score against United with.
  3. Gabriel has no serious injury record unlike Bailly.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
  1. Gabriel is left-footed. United won't have a left-footed CB after Rojo leaves. Gabriel would be our #5 and Maguire the #4.
  2. Gabriel is not as rash as Bailly and gives fewer fouls away. So fewer free kicks to score against United with.
  3. Gabriel has no serious injury record unlike Bailly.
Nice one cheers

Dan_F

I misread it as obligation to buy. Chelsea have to insist on that, in my opinion. An option to buy makes no sense as he'd be worth half of that if Milan pass on the option.
It’s the same situation we had with Smalling and Sanchez. There was no point loaning them out again with an option to buy, especially going into their 30s.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Conte as a replacement for Mourinho, sure. Hes an up to date version of Mou. Any replacement of Solksjaer needs to at least pretend to play young talent.

Also, Arsenal made a good decision on Gabriel. He's raw but could suit the Prem.

newgiz

Don’t want Conte in the future. His management style and tactics don’t suit us in the slightest.
I can only imagine the temper tantrums he will throw and right out board for not getting his way in the transfer market.

He's just not the right fit for the club. I want Ole to be here and successful for a long long time.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Don’t want Conte in the future. His management style and tactics don’t suit us in the slightest.
I agree. He's a quality manager but like Mourinho would be a poor fit for us and not the direction we should be headed in.

Blood Mage

I don't think Chelsea will win the league next season but unless we bring in Sancho plus a new LB and DM they'll definitely finish ahead of us. They've had a dream window.

croadyman

Because our world class negotiators go in there with a "we can sign players other clubs can only dream of" attitude, so the selling club goes "oh yeah? You think so?".
That is exactly the problem and I just wish they would step away from the football side and move to the commercial bit permanently

croadyman

Let's at least go and get Jack,yes I know it doesn't solve the RW problem but maybe need to look at a loan option for that position.

GwilDor

Nothing good has ever come of Liverpool supporting Norwegians playing for United!
He’s a United fan, like his father according to interview in norwegian supporter club website/fanzine. (Paywall, text in norwegian).
Did a trial at Liverpool at the same time as his first with United though, guessing that is why he has a pool shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.