Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eplel

1. Gabriel is left-footed. United won't have a left-footed CB after Rojo leaves. Gabriel would be our #5 and Maguire the #4.
  2. Gabriel is not as rash as Bailly and gives fewer fouls away. So fewer free kicks to score against United with.
  3. Gabriel has no serious injury record unlike Bailly.
What's the obsession with having a left footed CB on the left in recent years? All you need is a CB who is good on the ball and has good awareness. IIRC both Rio and Vidic are right footed.

Instead of limiting your choices for a position,train your CBs to avoid hugging the ball and hiding 80% of the pitch in the process. We have 3 players that can come deep to help circulate the ball, after all.

sparx99

Wouldn’t it be nice if the lack of rumours about signings is because we are getting better at keeping deals quiet.

There doesn’t seem to be many rumours around Van De Beek or Chiesa with any teams so far.

Has anything happened with Samuel Chukwueze? He was being linked to Liverpool around January time if I remember rightly.

These four could probably be had for £150m with sales of Smalling, Dalot, Pereira making up any budget shortfall.

Van De Beek
Chiesa
Reguilon
Badiashile

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
He’s off to Villarreal by the looks of it
I know I just think he’d be a half decent short term option. Makes intelligent runs on that right hand side and someone like Pogba/Bruno would love a player like him to hit passes into.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I'm going to link this article because it has additional info on Arsenal's transfer plans.

As expected, Arteta still wants more signings: a midfielder and a forward. He wants Ceballos to play another year on loan despite Madrid wanting him back. They also might have to sell before they can acquire more players.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Remember Amin Younes? He's barely played football for Napoli over the years. He's now linked with a return to Germany.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Sporting offered too low an amount for Torino's Lyanco, and that has meant that both Bologna and Napoli are now in the race for the player.

FromTheBench

It seems like we were only keeping tabs on him in case we sold some of our defenders. The fact that we haven't yet made it tough for us to make a move for him.
If we wanted him surely we would have gotten him first and thennsokd.

dev1l

I tend to agree. I always felt Badiashile was a realistic target
Apparently we have been monitoring Badiashile since 2017. Personally I m still not convinced he s ready though pros might have other ideas.
His reactions are too slow imo.
Pau Torres looks more developed as a player - he has a very good football brain and can anticipate instead of ball watch.
However Torres is not very good in aerial duels and that does not bode well in EPL.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Raiola has spoken (about Ibra & Milan).

Translation:
Ibramovic won't join Milan's camp tomorrow for the moment. We are talking, but we have no agreement yet. [Is it] a question of money? Not only that but also of conviction and style. Negotiations are ongoing, so we are optimistic.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Any news of our own players getting sold?
Nothing solid as of yet; there have been weak rumours about Andreas Pereira and Marcos Rojo, but that's it. The most reliable outgoing story was that of Di'Shon Bernard (United U23s defender) being linked to the likes of Huddersfield and Coventry on a loan/permanent move.

Rolaholic

He says that extension talks are currently ongoing

First positive news of the window for us really :lol:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Phil Jagielka continues on with Sheffield United.

Bonus: Jack Rodwell continues his stay with the same club.

Status
Not open for further replies.