Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesperjaap

Cavani would be a clever short term signing, a high class Ighalo if you will. Hard working and adaptable across the front line.
Not that I am for signing him either, but find it strange most really dont want him due to his age on a free transfer and people are happy with Ighalo staying on. NO disrepect to Ighalo but Cavani is in a different league to him

Alemar

Theyl probably finish with :

Thiago Silva
Chilwell
Werner
Ziyech
Havertz

Pretty fecking amazing to be fair to them. A mixture of very good to top class players, who will each add a different dimension to the game.
Chelsea signs 5 very good (If not better) players, while we are signing.... well, NO ONE so far...

jesperjaap

Project? Give me a fecking break, a project at a club like United?

A: We shouldn’t be a fecking “project”. PSG, City or if Newcastle had been taken over by the Saudis could be considered a “project”

B: If that’s how the cnuts that run our club see us or have sold it to Raiola or Pogba then in my opinion is utter bollocks, they haven’t got the will, money or nouse to create a “project”. A project involves investment in the team and infrastructure, does that look like happening at United right now?

Wankers the lot of em.
By project I read it as "A move isnt feasible for Pogba this summer, so my new project is gettign a hefty fee out of a massive new contract with him from the club. ALl is relaxed though as if he doesnt sign a new contract I can look to move him on again anyway for a big agent fee"....The guy is in the thesaurus of quoted, his photo next to Fergusons line about checking under the pasta

jesperjaap

I know the window is open until October, but considering how soon the new season starts, it is quite concerning our lack of movement in the market. Not one signing and only one fairly major out in Sanchez. Starting to really fee its another window of doing nowhere near enough numbers wise. Was hoping 3/4 in and 5/6 out, starting to wonder if its 1/2 in and 3/4 out....doesnt matter who is in and out, that would be a poor window in terms of what we have and dont need and what we do still need

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
who will it likely be? Any credible links?
Nope, none. Which is super weird because it was our most obvious need this summer.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Are we still at the 'preparing a bid' stage for David Brooks for 40m? Or 'poised to make a bid' stage maybe? Or do we intend to do all the business in the last week of window?

Infra-red

Are we still at the 'preparing a bid' stage for David Brooks for 40m? Or 'poised to make a bid' stage maybe? Or do we intend to do all the business in the last week of window?
The plan is (probably): wait until late in the window to see if Dortmund fold and give us a discount in Sancho. They won't. We'll then make a move for Brooks in the final week of the window.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Based on reliable reports:
  • We are still working on getting Sancho.
    • Payment structure the only problem
That's it. Just because we know nothing else doesn't mean that the club's doing nothing else. United are very good at keeping things quiet unless they themselves leak out the info or another club/agent/etc. does.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I don't know how they keep that squad happy but I am jealous that they are getting their business done
To be fair, the players that are going to lose their spot to them should not really be starting week in week out for Chelsea. If they can add a good GK they will have turned their team upside down, strenghtening the first 11 and assembling a very strong bench. I think they have a very good chance to join the fight with Liverpool and City.

ayushreddevil9

That's it. Just because we know nothing else doesn't mean that the club's doing nothing else. United are very good at keeping things quiet unless they themselves leak out the info or another club/agent/etc. does.
Well they kept things really really quiet in 2018 and everything suggests that this window will suffer a similar fate.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Well they kept things really really quiet in 2018 and everything suggests that this window will suffer a similar fate.
I think you're being disingenious here. 2018 had few transfers, but we were linked with several players that Mourinho wanted but the rest of the club didn't. This summer, however, we don't even have many reliable, extended links outside of Sancho and Gabriel. Coman and Douglas Costa were brief whilst Grealish was touted by the British media outside of the reliable sources.

2 this summer vs. 5 from 2018 (Dalot, Fred, Alderweireld, Maguire, Perisic)

croadyman

Wow Frank really is getting backed properly here isn't he.
Yep whilst Ole is left to contemplate the prospect of having to peddle out the infamous "no value in the market" line just to save his bosses asses again.

Last edited:

manuchamp88

Forget the Fred & McTominay experiment Ole next season and just go and pay his release clause
Is Partey's ceiling higher than McTominay's? Cos if it's pretty close, we may as well get Thiago and allow McTominay to develop as his understudy.

ReallyUSA

Imagine firing a guy that set out a great gameplan only to be letdown by his 450 million dollar duo. PSG are goofy.

manuchamp88

Sadly he only has eyes for Mr Heavy Metal brand of Football
Does he really though? They're not convinced enough to pay a paltry fee for him. We could steal a march. Of course, all this could just be fantasy if we don't have any money.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Might we see more changes in PSG?
Di Marzio seemed skeptical reporting this. Or uncomfortable? Weirded out? Like, he reported it so obviously he thought the sources credible enough, but at the same time found it hard to believe :nervous:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Di Marzio seemed skeptical reporting this. Or uncomfortable? Weirded out? Like, he reported it so obviously he thought the sources credible enough, but at the same time found it hard to believe :nervous:
Who wouldn't? If we look at the managers under Qatari ownership, Tuchel's been their most successful manager. Why would they look to sack him when he's made so much progress?

The only exception to this would be if Tuchel himself has been difficult to deal with, and they want to let him go for someone less disruptive.

croadyman

Does he really though? They're not convinced enough to pay a paltry fee for him. We could steal a march. Of course, all this could just be fantasy if we don't have any money.
Pretty certain things will move rapidly on this deal now sadly for us

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
If we’d have gone near Thiago Silva I’d have been very underwhelmed but I think he could be decent for Chelsea given their 3 CB’s Tamori, Zouma and Rudiger could do with some experience and guidance around them.

ReallyUSA

Not that I am for signing him either, but find it strange most really dont want him due to his age on a free transfer and people are happy with Ighalo staying on. NO disrepect to Ighalo but Cavani is in a different league to him
For me, I think it stems from the fact that Greenwood is a striker, and should be getting striker minutes. Sure Cavani would be a good signing, but people are more considered about the wing.

croadyman

For me, I think it stems from the fact that Greenwood is a striker, and should be getting striker minutes. Sure Cavani would be a good signing, but people are more considered about the wing.
Just think he would offer us something different to our front three and is more experienced and clinical than Ighalo

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Just think he would offer us something different to our front three and is more experienced and clinical than Ighalo
He'd also be way, way more expensive than Ighalo. Benfica pulled out of the deal and aren't willing to pay him; why would we commit so much money on a player who may or may not be keen on playing for us?

ReallyUSA

Absolutely fair. If we don't get a winger, and Greenwood will spend the season out wide, it would be a great alternative.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Okay so I'm usually an optimist in here but now that the EL and CL are behind us I'm expecting some legitimate movement the next two weeks. Especially now that Harry s back from his vacation.

croadyman

Which other club will be fool enough to pay 350k to him.
Really can't decide if this is happening because Pogba has had word we are signing a couple of quality players or is it just purely Ashton PR stuff again

ayushreddevil9

Okay so I'm usually an optimist in here but now that the EL and CL are behind us I'm expecting some legitimate movement the next two weeks. Especially now that Harry s back from his vacation.
Woodward be like - "Hold my beer"

Josep Dowling

That just isn’t true is it. Other than Bailly and Lindelof every transfer has been known about for weeks before we sign the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.