Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Feel like pure shit just want to sign someone.
Must be great seeing your hated local rivals about to strengthen with one of the best midfielders while you lot shop in the bargain basement. Don't worry though, it's as bad for us, albeit our club have spent way more than yours without any success either.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Huge fee, they ain't fecking about.
Before posters complain and draw parallels to Sancho it's worth noting that 1) Leverkusen aren't in the Champions League and 2) Their approach of 80m upfront + addons was accepted, whereas our approach for 80m plus add-ons to make 120 overall was just dismissed outright.

We are facing a harder club to negotiate with.
I wonder what woody s reaction when he sees that :)
As above ;)

Jaxa

Very jealous, not even so much of the player they are signing even though he is a fantastic talent and Chelsea will have some squad next year, but just in the way they don't f*** about and seem to get shit done efficiently, while we have the chuckle brothers handling our business.

dove

Very jealous, not even so much of the player they are signing even though he is a fantastic talent and Chelsea will have some squad next year, but just in the way they don't f*** about and seem to get shit done efficiently, while we have the chuckle brothers handling our business.
They were linked with a move all summer, how is that efficient?

vanderpants

Chelsea are building a great squad, they already have some good young players. Top 4 next season will be a very tough ask

vanderpants

Also, can't wait for the old "no value in the market" and "COVID has left us all in uncertain times". Really other teams don't seem effected

Godfather

Chelsea running away from us squad wise. God help Ole if the Glazers decide to hang him dry the way they did with Mou in his second season.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Chelsea have massively pulled away from us so far, we need a good reply or we'll be left scrapping for top 4 instead of consolidating our 3rd spot.

Jaxa

They were linked with a move all summer, how is that efficient?
I mean i am not using just this transfer as the only example, they signed Ziyech before the window opened months ago, they seen an opportunity to sign Werner when it looked all but done with him going to Liverpool and acted quickly, Chilwell looks to be complete without a whole transfer window worth of negotiations having to take place and the same applies with Havertz also,

While we look again to be putting all of our focus on 1 transfer target and be trying the same thing over and over in hope that Dortmund will just for some reason accept our original proposal in the last 24 hours of the window, there is so much information out there that paints a very clear picture of how we handle transfers and it's absolutely moronic and terrifying that these idiots are in charge of a club such as United.

Woodzy

Chelsea do it all the time. As soon as they start to drop off they put some proper investment back into their squad and will be champions again in a year or two.

dove

I mean i am not using just this transfer as the only example, they signed Ziyech before the window opened months ago, they seen an opportunity to sign Werner when it looked all but done with him going to Liverpool and acted quickly, Chilwell looks to be complete without a whole transfer window worth of negotiations having to take place and the same applies with Havertz also,

While we look again to be putting all of our focus on 1 transfer target and be trying the same thing over and over in hope that Dortmund will just for some reason accept our original proposal in the last 24 hours of the window, there is so much information out there that paints a very clear picture of how we handle transfers and it's absolutely moronic and terrifying that these idiots are in charge of a club such as United.
I am not suggesting we are doing great but I think Chelsea's "efficiency" is a bit of a myth here. They paid the release clause for Werner and since the fee was decent, they barely needed to negotiate anything here. I don't know much about Ziyech one but I would assume signing a player from Ajax is a bit easier. Rumours of Chelsea negotiating for Havertz are for months now and probably started even earlier than ours with Sancho. It's anything but efficient here and they paid a big fee for him, similar offer we discussed with Borussia was rejected straight away. Other teams' transfers always seem more efficient because we don't follow them that closely and don't have threads with 1000 pages with all the ITK, social media likes tracking and lip reading nonsense.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I'd be absolutely apoplectic with anger at the board if I was Ole and we don't improve our first XI. Yes it was a unique season but he surpassed most people's expectations by finishing 3rd last season. Chelsea and Arsenal are building and will be much improved next season. City have strengthened and Liverpool are adding depth to a squad we're already a million miles off competing with.

Ole's done his job. The board owe it to him to do theirs.

Riz

Ziyech
Werner
Havertz (TBC)
Chilwell (TBC)
Thiago Silva (TBC)

Brilliant window for them if all those are secured (looks very likely now), sure all Chelsea fans must be excited with those 5 (and counting) but also the show of support for Lampard.

I really hope our strategy this window becomes more clear this week. :lol: :nervous:

Tiber

United would sign one marquee player and consider the job done. Chelsea know that wouldn't even make a dent in the gap between them and Liverpool, credit to them for a significant improvement.

Pulisic was also an excellent addition before the ban.

Squeaky Bumtime

I am not suggesting we are doing great but I think Chelsea's "efficiency" is a bit of a myth here. They paid the release clause for Werner and since the fee was decent, they barely needed to negotiate anything here. I don't know much about Ziyech one but I would assume signing a player from Ajax is a bit easier. Rumours of Chelsea negotiating for Havertz are for months now and probably started even earlier than ours with Sancho. It's anything but efficient here and they paid a big fee for him, similar offer we discussed with Borussia was rejected straight away. Other teams' transfers always seem more efficient because we don't follow them that closely and don't have threads with 1000 pages with all the ITK, social media likes tracking and lip reading nonsense.
You're right about efficiency and quickness of transfers. From the outside it seems they're quick to get a transfer done but it's cause we're not so much into their business. But on the other hand it's frustrating to see them getting 4 transfers, possibly 5 and United doing nothing. Worse of all I can see us being tangled in Sancho story up until the last day of transfer window without adding any player till then.

Rolaholic

Love how people like Rio and Scholes and other fans who said we needed 3-4 additions to really take the squad up a level were told that this isn't Fifa/FM career mode and that covid will make that impossible.

Now we're seeing our main rivals not having much issue bringing in new additions recruitment wise irregardless of any excuses they'd have not to. City and Arsenal both have brought in 2 players and are looking for more and Chelsea already have almost 4 in and might end up with 5-6 new additions while we'll likely be ending up with excuses

I'd be livid if I were Ole, he's being set up to fail at this rate

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
You're right about efficiency and quickness of transfers. From the outside it seems they're quick to get a transfer done but it's cause we're not so much into their business. But on the other hand it's frustrating to see them getting 4 transfers, possibly 5 and United doing nothing. Worse of all I can see us being tangled in Sancho story up until the last day of transfer window without adding any player till then.
So isn't it that Chelsea know who to target, that they have release clauses to they can just go and get them, while we end up in protracted negotiations. That to me shows good planning.

SER19

Managers have left clubs for less. Solskjaer should be fuming

Squeaky Bumtime

So isn't it that Chelsea know who to target, that they have release clauses to they can just go and get them, while we end up in protracted negotiations. That to me shows good planning.
Yeah I'm sure there are players who could strengthen us and are easier to get. This all smells like a PR stuff, marquee signing as a sign of ambition while it should be far better to get 3 or 4 lesser players but who could compliment the team and add to our depth which is awful at the moment.

DomesticTadpole

Yeah I'm sure there are players who could strengthen us and are easier to get. This all smells like a PR stuff, marquee signing as a sign of ambition while it should be far better to get 3 or 4 lesser players but who could compliment the team and add to our depth which is awful at the moment.
Typical Manchester United d*ck swinging.

Rolaholic

Worst part of all this is how much the media will be fellating Lampard and hailing him as a savant next season for doing what's expected after being backed so well by his board

Ole's being hung out to dry if the club repeats the same pattern with him that we've seen. Back the manager early to achieve CL quali and then shut off the tap once that's been achieved allowing rivals to surpass us then sack the lameduck manager set up to fail. Rinse and repeat :rolleyes:

Heaven forbid we break the cycle and actually try building on little successes by putting our money where a club of our stature's mouth is

dove

It is frustrating 100%. I think other teams usually pick easier gettable targets while we are usually stuck on the ones that are difficult to do. And we do it year after year.

Squeaky Bumtime

Typical Manchester United d*ck swinging.
It's as if Ed and co learned nothing from past mistakes. And it could end up like Jose season after we finished 2nd. We got CL, it's all right, we can manage with this team. Top 4 will again be aimed and in CL, who knows, lets pass a group somehow and see how it goes.

DomesticTadpole

Worst part of all this is how much the media will be fellating Lampard and hailing him as a savant next season for doing what's expected after being backed so well by his board
If he achieves something he will deserve it. You still have to make something out of the players you have. Plenty have had big name plauers and failed. I wasn't so sure about Ole, but he got us third, and three semi's. We faltered because our squad is too shallow in quality. It is bloated with mediocrity. Ole has said this and now it is up to the board to back him.

DomesticTadpole

It's as if Ed and co learned nothing from past mistakes. And it could end up like Jose season after we finished 2nd. We got CL, it's all right, we can manage with this team. Top 4 will again be aimed and in CL, who knows, lets pass a group somehow and see how it goes.
As I have said elsewhere, the older end of the squad will be even older and the injury prone players will be more injury prone.

Status
Not open for further replies.