Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Same here. Specially considering he’s a left-footed CB.

A loan would be a safe bet.

Let’s say we move on 2 defenders, even 3, we’re still stacked deep enough in the defence department to be able to afford such a risk.

In the scenario he does regain his fitness & form, we‘d even be able to negotiate a potential future contract from a position of strength. Could probably lock him down on a moderate wage package without much friction from his end.
He’s a crock. A fantastic defender but always injured. There is a very good reason why Barcelona are looking to offload him.

The last thing we need is another injury ravaged centre back.

flappyjay

Surely that isn't a mandatory clause!

Bakayako is one of the worst players I've ever seen play for a top Premier League club. He isn't worth 10m. He is the 'square root' of Eric Djemba Djemba. That bad.

If this loan deal goes through, Chelsea would have earned a whopping €11m in loan deals alone for one of their worst players!

And if the unbelievable €30m clause at the end of this loan spell is correct, they'd make an overall profit on fecking Bakayako. My mind is numb.
To be fair while he was appalling in the premier league he was apparently good for milan the last time he was there.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
He’s hardly stealing a living:lol:

Don’t suppose you’d get Noble. my step sons are both ST holders at West Ham and while they say he’s not international class or anything, he certainly gives the team leadership.
The same things a lot on here were praising Herrera for, only he is supposed to be world class and sorely missed:lol:
Also he plays for West Ham. Theyre fecking shit anyway.

No offence.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
He’s a crock. A fantastic defender but always injured. There is a very good reason why Barcelona are looking to offload him.

The last thing we need is another injury ravaged centre back.
I’m not sure he’s altogether done yet.

Barca being in financial turmoil is what’s seemingly fast tracking his exit but don’t think it’s entirely because he’s a crock.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I get who you mean around the slowness of transfers but I’m looking at it from a positive perspective – I think we’re doing more due diligence to get the right characters in and we are generally driving harder bargains instead of chucking money around left right and centre.

Chelsea have done loads of deals, all power to them, but I think we will get three good deals done, which added to the four from last season represents good progress

Just my view, but our fan base needs to stop benchmarking as we will be continually miserable otherwise!
Maybe are being diligent but that can be done before the window opens. A few phone calls here and there to check character. Doing it during a window takes up time.

I just feel our approach has no project management. Check out this article about trying to sign king for example. If king was our choice ahead of ighalo why are we trying to sign at the last minute?

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.balls.ie/amp/football/ed-woodward-bournemouth-king-deal-426385

Over-ruling ole on signing Bellingham
https://www.football365.com/news/woodward-overruled-solskjaer-man-utd-transfer-chase

It’s clear there’s no cohesion between them all. Harks back to the age old debate of getting a proper DoF in who can be working on deals and sounding people out, all year round to avoid last minute ‘winging it’

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Maybe are being diligent but that can be done before the window opens. A few phone calls here and there to check character. Doing it during a window takes up time.

I just feel our approach has no project management. Check out this article about trying to sign king for example. If king was our choice ahead of ighalo why are we trying to sign at the last minute?

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.balls.ie/amp/football/ed-woodward-bournemouth-king-deal-426385

Over-ruling ole on signing Bellingham
https://www.football365.com/news/woodward-overruled-solskjaer-man-utd-transfer-chase

It’s clear there’s no cohesion between them all. Harks back to the age old debate of getting a proper DoF in who can be working on deals and sounding people out, all year round to avoid last minute ‘winging it’
All hail king Ed Dumbward.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
All hail king Ed Dumbward.
Bellingham was always going to choose BD over us. He knows he'll be out of the spotlight while being able to develop. It made sense to go there first. While I'm no fan of woodward, The story is bollocks basically

sparx99

They’ve spent far more on far worse :lol:
It's going to be interesting who flops at Chelsea. No way all of their signings work out perfectly. My money would be on Ziyech or Werner being the big disappointments.

If you look at other clubs big signings Lukaku at Utd, Kaka at Madrid, Shevchenko, Torres & Morata at Chelsea, Coutinho and Dembele at Barca there is often a failure when it looks like a good signing.

cj_sparky

I thought Liverpool offered this amount and countered with $20 million. Now they are accepting the offer.
Liverpool offered £8m rising to £10m and then a £12m offer. Newcastle's appears to be £13.75m + performance add ons.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
It's going to be interesting who flops at Chelsea. No way all of their signings work out perfectly. My money would be on Ziyech or Werner being the big disappointments.

If you look at other clubs big signings Lukaku at Utd, Kaka at Madrid, Shevchenko, Torres & Morata at Chelsea, Coutinho and Dembele at Barca there is often a failure when it looks like a good signing.
Ziyech probably. Werner would just do fine and Havertz would be a hit.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Hope this works out well for them. He could be the post Ronaldo centre forward that Portugal need to lead the talented generation. They typically struggle with centre forwards so will be a lot of hope placed in him.

BlahRules

I don’t get how Liverpool are so skint after the couple of seasons they’ve just had
They're still paying for the big signings. We may see them buying big again in a couple of years time, just in time to replace their star players. Let's hope they get rinsed when that happens.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Not sure Lukaku should br labelled a failure. He did score plenty of goals still.

Sanchez was a total failure here but Lukaku did reasonably well before we changed our playing style

Status
Not open for further replies.