Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Branchini, a footballers agent says that the Juve forward will not be Suárez, not Cavani, Dzeko or Kean, but that on the contrary they will focus on the signing of Morata

sparx99

Not sure Lukaku should br labelled a failure. He did score plenty of goals still.

Sanchez was a total failure here but Lukaku did reasonably well before we changed our playing style
I guess. But for £75m you’d hope you get a superstar rather than an above average premier league striker.

United58

I don’t get how Liverpool are so skint after the couple of seasons they’ve just had
They're not as big as us/Real/Barca/Bayern; even in the 70s/80s when they were winning things consistently and we were rubbish, we were just as popular as them. Not sure how their finances are atm but they've never been super-rich like the mega clubs

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
They're not as big as us/Real/Barca/Bayern; even in the 70s/80s when they were winning things consistently and we were rubbish, we were just as popular as them. Not sure how their finances are atm but they've never been super-rich like the mega clubs
They're bigger than Bayern. Translating that into making money is another issue though.

sugar_kane

Ffs they've gone full Football Manager this transfer window :lol: It'll be interesting to see the press reaction to the season given the Lampard narrative of youth in 2019/20
Been thinking about this a bit - it will of course be conveniently never spoken of again. The UK press are in love with him, evidenced by how he somehow did a better job than Ole despite them finishing below us.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Maybe but they are taking a risk if they just stand still. Should strengthen your squad from a position of power
Absolutely. But when you don't have a money....
Problem in today's football that rewards for top places don't match investments. Winning CL brings you one AWB. Don't get me wrong, it is on clubs. They inflated players, not UEFA

NYAS

I just looked up his appearance record and saw that he’s played under 20 first team games. Small sample with which to conclude that parting with €40m is a good idea in this Covid climate.
I never talked about the price though. He’s a talent that many thought would go to bigger clubs than Wolves. The fact they were able to get their hands on him is a surprise to me.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I never talked about the price though. He’s a talent that many thought would go to bigger clubs than Wolves. The fact they were able to get their hands on him is a surprise to me.
Mendes is parking him there to develop and if he makes it then he will be shifted on. That’s what he does with Wolves.

sparx99

Seems a recklessly high amount of money on an 18 y/o while the stadiums are closed; if he can come in while Jimenez starts to tail off it could pay off well. Big gamble though
Dalot as a RB went for €20m so a highly rated young striker being valued at €40m seems about right.

sparx99

Who has he done this with?
Funny isn’t it. It feels like that narrative would make sense but nobody has moved through Wolves in that way yet. Ruben Neves would be the obvious one to watch out for but as yet nobody has made that move.

MsNuno

Supports
Wolves
Funny isn’t it. It feels like that narrative would make sense but nobody has moved through Wolves in that way yet. Ruben Neves would be the obvious one to watch out for but as yet nobody has made that move.
Yes it’s always said but do far not happened.

Classical Mechanic

No Wolves player has been good enough to move on for big money though. The Doherty to Spurs deal was evidence of dodgy Mendes dealing. Sold below value to his most important client whilst his club was skint.

United58

Dalot as a RB went for €20m so a highly rated young striker being valued at €40m seems about right.
That also turned out to be crazy money :lol: But Dalot was at least pre-corona. Have Wolves this money to spend freely? How reckless is their sugar daddy?

Edit: Wow, it's official

United58

No Wolves player has been good enough to move on for big money though. The Doherty to Spurs deal was evidence of dodgy Mendes dealing. Sold below value to his most important client whilst his club was skint.
Is the club really skint while they can spend E40m on an unproven 18 y/o? Genuine question, I have no idea on their finances

MsNuno

Supports
Wolves
Is the club really skint while they can spend E40m on an unproven 18 y/o? Genuine question, I have no idea on their finances
We are not skint Doherty moved because spurs wanted him and he wanted to go Nuno wanted the team to evolve likes a small squad. The fee is low admittedly but he’s not going to increase in value as he’s 29

Pep's Suit

Well, Pool don't have many areas where they can improve. Only squad depth where they clearly don't want to spend so guess the plan is to sell Wijnaldum and replace him with Thiago.

United58

We are not skint Doherty moved because spurs wanted him and he wanted to go Nuno wanted the team to evolve likes a small squad. The fee is low admittedly but he’s not going to increase in value as he’s 29
Thanks for the reply, I genuinely have no idea on Wolves' finances :) Want to see DOherty doing well as he's Irish hope he's as good for Spurs as he was for ye

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Yes it’s always said but do far not happened.
If any of your players receive interest from a big club they are leaving. That may change if you can get into the top four, something you blew badly last season. For all the plaudits, you ended up going backwards and the football is poor.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Who has he done this with?
It’s the plan of action, you’re crazy if you think Mendes is happy to let the likes of Neves sit and not earn him a fat commission by moving on.

Truth is, your highly heralded players haven’t done well enough to garner any major interest, you’re a 7th place team.

Status
Not open for further replies.