Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

M Utd

Juventus have one of the highest wage bills so I can see why they would struggle. We just got rid of £55m Sanchez of our wage bill.

PLus they have also added Suarez to the wage bill, pretty sure he wont be cheap.
I may be wrong but the large Italian clubs seem to penny pinch for transfer fees but seem to have large squads whist paying decent wages. It would be interesting to compare average squad salary between leagues to see if this is true. As I say I'm not sure its always the case but clubs live Juve and Inter always seem to have huge squads.

adam118

I’m getting the impression that many clubs are waiting for the final few weeks of the window. It could be pretty crazy.
Yes I agree. Levy actually said (in All or Nothing) that the activity always happens at the end of the window- seems to be when all the clubs decide to sell.

M Utd

Pretty mental how the likes of Villa, Leeds, and Wolves are out here buying players for £30m or more whilst big clubs like Arsenal and Spurs are seemingly very reluctant to go above £20m for any of their targets. Spurs have basically shopped in the bargain bin!
I can see Spurs falling off the edge of a cliff. They don't seem to have any funds for transfers and don't have many players who might move on for a decent fee without seriously depleting their team. Add in the fact that Mou will lose the plot at some point. I might be wrong but this could be the final season for Kane at Spurs if they don't invest/compete.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Was hoping for more noise around the club and transfers this week, getting pretty close to the start of the season now, getting less hopeful.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Everton should be finishing where Wolves & Sheffield United did last season. Building a very solid side and have the 3rd best manager in the league coaching them.

ShinjiNinja26

Was hoping for more noise around the club and transfers this week, getting pretty close to the start of the season now, getting less hopeful.
Aye. I was hoping that the speed and efficiency in which we got the VdB deal done was a sign of things to come from us and Woody had finally got his act together in the transfer market but obviously not.

K Stand Knut

Quite frustrating and also envious that Chelsea seem to be able to loan there players to teams in the top tier be it in england or abroad while we end up sending players to the championship or league 1 in some cases, Chong luckily secured a decent loan abroad but hearing Garner and Levitt could be heading to league 1 or championship clubs.
there is a huge difference between Levitt/Garner and Tomori!!!

Devil81

From playing for the biggest club in the world to your new club making you look a twat with a Teenage mutant ninja turtle video.

Must of felt pathetic, surely he can do better than that Turkish club.

James Peril

Pretty mental how the likes of Villa, Leeds, and Wolves are out here buying players for £30m or more whilst big clubs like Arsenal and Spurs are seemingly very reluctant to go above £20m for any of their targets. Spurs have basically shopped in the bargain bin!
Spurs weren’t a bigger club than Villa ten years ago and Villa have rich owners - and I wouldn’t really call the former a big club anyway. Spurs built a new stadium just before a global pandemic, it’s not difficult to find answers to your questions.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Juninho spoke with RMC Sport on their Top of the Foot podcast. He had several things to say about Lyon's transfer activity.

Woodzy

Juninho spoke with RMC Sport on their Top of the Foot podcast. He had several things to say about Lyon's transfer activity.

Translation: he is a great player but he is a massive cnut!

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Juninho Pt. 2 (In French):

Translation:
I know that multiple clubs are interested in Aouar like Arsenal, PSG, or Manchester City. Guardiola really appreciates his profile, too. However, at the moment, there is no official offer.

Translation:
Nowadays, we cannot afford Umtiti's salary. We have not advanced on this track. Afterwards, if he wants a different project and a longer contract, then why not?

Translation:
It's our dream to see Benzema finish [his career] with us. Will we succeed or not? I don't know. Of course, it will take some effort because we cannot pay the salary that he receives at Real [Madrid]. We are waiting for the right moment. There were some great approaches.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Official: Angelino extends his loan with RB Leipzig from Manchester City.

Interestingly, RB Leipzig have also secured an option to buy the player on a 4-year contract. Previous reports were indicating an obligation, but it looks like RB Leipzig have gotten this deal in their favour in the end.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Official: Charlton have secured Dylan Levitt on loan.

Also, we are looking to loan out James Garner, Ethan Laird, and Max Taylor.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Official: Charlton have secured Dylan Levitt on loan.

Also, we are looking to loan out James Garner, Ethan Laird, and Max Taylor.
How good are Charlton these days?

EDIT: damn not great, not even in the Championship. Surely we could have got him a Championship club?

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Why is it mental? Arsenal have a massive wage bill. We're still supporting Ozil. Championship clubs coming up to the PL elevates them into a different income group without the ballast of a commensurately higher spend weighing them down.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Very happy with this fee :)

Worth noting that other clubs still interested in Ollie apparently:

Would be even better if Villa were gazumped :)

A Villa record fee, Bees record fee received and record fee for a Championship player - a lot of pressure on the lad but he is a model pro and has a superb character/work ethic. He also has all the attributes to succeed at the top level, pace, power, skill and finishing ability.

led_scholes

Everton are looking quite formidable on paper heading into this season with an experienced and winning manager...
I do believe that if they were playing Europa League this season, they would have been a good bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.