Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
How do you rate him compared to Saliba?
Not quite the same level IMO, but his recovery speed is pretty insane and is a far more aggressive player. Saliba felt more composed for me, so it would depend who he's getting paired with.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
They obviously thought Joelinton would develop into a 20 goal striker. And Haller was great at linking up with his teammates at his previous club, so you arent just paying for his goals. Obviously neither have worked out and both have been a waste of money so far. I dont think transfer fees should be morphed around failed transfers. If they were then you'd be expected to pay £60 million for 11 goals like Morata
I'm not morphing anything , you're the one constantly referencing other strikers because you are intent on voicing an opinion on the value of a player you very clearly have seen nothing of. Watkins is not only about goals either, he is a very all round striker.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
This would be a big loss but I love the man and if he can get more football elsewhere then good for him.

If it's because he's thinking he's third in the pecking order then it's a mistake as i'd rather send Tammy on loan for a season and have Giroud backing up Werner.

Ekeke

I'm not morphing anything , you're the one constantly referencing other strikers because you are intent on voicing an opinion on the value of a player you very clearly have seen nothing of. Watkins is not only about goals either, he is a very all round striker.
He's a striker that cost too much.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I liked Lampard's quote yesterday trashing the idea that he was there to bring through young players.

Yes Frank, we realised quite early this summer that you only really are looking to be the latest in a long line of cheque book Chelsea managers buying your way to success.

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
Not quite the same level IMO, but his recovery speed is pretty insane and is a far more aggressive player. Saliba felt more composed for me, so it would depend who he's getting paired with.
When we were looking for a left sided defender some people actually suggested Fofana. How does he compare to say Gabriel which Arsenal finally went for?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Seems madrid payed us a million per hazards weight in pounds !!!
He’s fat and shit these days. A rich mans Sanchez from Arsenal to United.

Cliche Guevara

Great read.

I noticed the other day two supposed ITKs have been pulling a similar stunt (Premier League ITK and Woodward’s Burner).

This was in relation to Sergio Romero’s £8m move to Aston Villa. It had been reported on Twitter for a couple of hours before both of them jumped in as supposed ITK information.

What’s that you say? Aston Villa haven’t signed Romero for £8m. Oops they backed the wrong horse on that one then.

RedNed77

£210m spent so far and still need a goalkeeper and possibly Rice. Looking at £300m spend for the summer which will beat Madrid’s record of £270m in a window or whatever PSG spent the season they bought Neymar and Mbappé. Quite how they do that and we all still pretend that FFP is still a thing, I’m not sure.

I also don’t understand how people think we are expected to maintain or improve on 3rd this year if we don’t get anymore deals over the line. Chelsea have tooled up massively, we’ve bought a midfielder for rotation.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Chelsea invented the model by which City have destroyed football. Only fair that Chelsea now get the same benefit from the model.

Yes I am bitter.

Brophs

The One and Only

He did well last season but anywhere close to £20m is a really heavy price for a guy of 28, who has spent almost all of his career on loan, with less than one good season at this level. 15 PL games in total and less than 100 senior games in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.